Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Sonic the hedgehog debate

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Tayls View Post
    I love reading your posts in Eggman's voice.
    ...ladies and gentlemen, we have a winner.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

But from which cartoon/game? I assume there have been different voice actors over the years for him. Could be wrong tho.

Thanks
    EP Points

Obviously, SatAM.

Thanks

Actually it started as AoStH and sorta melded with Sonic Colors.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy View Post
    But from which cartoon/game? I assume there have been different voice actors over the years for him. Could be wrong tho.
    Quite a few, yes. And, if I'm going to be honest, most of them have been mediocre. I realise this'll sound like horrible fanboying, but where Robotnik's Voice Actors at least proved that they enjoy acting the character and at least placing apparent effort into what they do, I've always felt the VA's for Sonic, in the games especially, were lacklustre, and poorly acted.

Thanks

I'm rather fond of Sonic's current voice. As far as VAs go, I think colors had it down for the most part. That said, I'm not worried about it for Generations. The only thing that could really make out better is if they got Jaleel(sp?) White to be the voice of Classic Sonic.

Thanks

sonic 1-3 were awesome...sonic adventure and the new stuff im not too fond about...im a classic gamer but he did give mario link and samus a run for thier money back in the day...long live the blue bomber!

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis View Post
    Obviously, AoStH.
    Fixed

Quote Originally Posted by Tayls View Post
    I'm rather fond of Sonic's current voice. As far as VAs go, I think colors had it down for the most part. That said, I'm not worried about it for Generations. The only thing that could really make out better is if they got Jaleel(sp?) White to be the voice of Classic Sonic.
    YES! that would be awesome, along with he's weird sayings, like, "Lets Race, Ace!" or for his still animation he could say, "I'M WAITING!!!....."

I just bought all 3 volumes on DVD for $15 each on Amazon, but the 3rd one was $30, and only one seller.

As for the Voice Actors, 4Kids sucked, although Eggman's voice was the best on 4kids' version, and I believe he is the current voice actor.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by White Zombie View Post
    sonic 1-3 were awesome...sonic adventure and the new stuff im not too fond about...im a classic gamer but he did give mario link and samus a run for thier money back in the day...long live the blue bomber!
    ...umm, isn't the blue bomber supposed to be MegaMan's nickname?

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Lasharus View Post
    ...umm, isn't the blue bomber supposed to be MegaMan's nickname?
    Short Answer: Yes.

Long Answer: Blue Bomber was actually the nickname of the blue robot in the Rock 'Em Sock 'Em Robots toy. I'm pretty sure it dates back to the early 1960s... but still yes.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to TheRealSpiders For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealSpiders View Post
    Short Answer: Yes.

Long Answer: Blue Bomber was actually the nickname of the blue robot in the Rock 'Em Sock 'Em Robots toy. I'm pretty sure it dates back to the early 1960s... but still yes.
    If I didn't hate memes horribly, i'd post that "the more you know" poster. Still, I just learned something

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Better mechanics, more speed, and more time spent in development. I would play that Sonic game. Oh and Sonic has enough characters! Werehog pffft! No more gimmicks! Long live classic Sonic!
    Moogle's are more kick-ass than they look.

Thanks

Generations is coming to PC, and with Steamworks / Steam achievements. Hopefully Colours and this can turn the series around for the better.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Aeonhunter View Post
    Better mechanics, more speed, and more time spent in development. I would play that Sonic game. Oh and Sonic has enough characters! Werehog pffft! No more gimmicks! Long live classic Sonic!
    Yeah and no 3D, just make it completely 2D. They can take example from the recent Megamans, in fact they actually feel like they were done in the NES period.

Check my YouTube for gameplay and pickup videos!

Steam|Youtube

Thanks

I personally think it doesnt matter what they do..sonic will always be sonic. The classics were the bomb and the newer gen games are ok. However its always the same thing with every game..whether its 2d or 3d you go from point a to b and then fight the boss. They do the same thing with the Mario series, it went from going to point a to b and then fight Bowser to looking for stars or whatever it is that you get in sunshine then fighting Bowser. Sega should turn it up a notch and bring in some new elements. They've had a ok idea combining Mario and Sonic with the sports game but it would be even more awesome if they bring them together in one massive storyline game that would take them through not only Mario's Mushroom Kingdom but to Sonic's Mobius as well. I've actually written short stories about what the game could be like. Wow this totally doesnt have anything to do with the question...um I like them all.