Thread: Testers wanted for PSO fix for offline Episode 2 Quests (From Quest Pack 4 mostly)

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Default Testers wanted for PSO fix for offline Episode 2 Quests (From Quest Pack 4 mostly)

If you are wandering what I talking about then you do not know that I released quests that replace the Episode 1 offline quests with online quests

The ones from Episode 2 have problems on Hard, Very Hard & Ultimate, this problem caused the monsters not to drop items

I am not high level enough at this time to test on Very Hard or Ultimate (Not really high enough for Hard yet either) anyway I have done a small amount of testing on Hard and seem to be able to get drops working

P.S. I don't think there was ever an issue with Beta and Alpha Ruins and Spaceship as the beasts are from Episode 1 anyway (though the fix may change what they drop as well)

There are just two files to fix this (please note only use this when playing EP2 quest files, normal EP2 play should be unaltered, EP1 normal play and EP1 quests in EP1 with this will most like result in no drops)

P.S. the attached is a 7z file not a zip

just extract this to it's own folder, inside there are two folders, Episode 1 Drops (this contains the original files) & Episode 2 Drops (this contains edited files to fix drops for Episode 2 quests started in Episode 1) both the folders contain the same files just one lot is altered, I included both sets so you can restore it if something messes up or you just want to play some EP1 quests

Take the 2 files from the Episode 2 Drops folder and ftp them to the dvd sub folder of the PSO install, it is fine to over wright the original files

myself I have 3 versions of this game on my xbox the original version with all the original quests, Episode 1 that is much like the original but has Episode 1 online quests in the offline game and Episode 2 that just has Episode 2 online quests in Episode 1's offline mode and has the fix included

I just need to know this is working for Very Hard and Ultimate, for the Episode 2 online quests launched from Episode 1 offline

Once I know it works I will pack these with the quest packs with the correct drop charts for each episode
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Zorlon; 9th-July-2013 at 09:20.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

I am fairly new at modding consoles. I do have a level 172 HUCast that I could use to test if you still need some help with testing. It would not be until next weekend though, since I have relatives coming to visit this coming weekend. You can reply here, or message me on my 360. My gamertag is kevlarAK

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Too slow I already fixed this

There are still a couple of quests that need to be replaced but that's about it
    Last edited by Zorlon; 8th-May-2014 at 08:34.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Glad to hear! I look forward to finally beating Seat of the Heart on Ultimate. Much appreciated.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I have the fix posted separate in the Xbox uploads section of the forum it also has a handy NPC mod that can reset the offline quests along with other things a little like you can in the The Construct quest, except it works

http://www.epforums.org/showthread.php?86165
    Last edited by Zorlon; 10th-May-2014 at 17:52.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]