Page 1 of 10 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: [Mod] Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 Quest Packs Collection [EP Hosted]

Zorlon is offline Administrator Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,917 Times in 1,253 Posts

Blog Entries
    EP Points

Default [Mod] Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 Quest Packs Collection [EP Hosted]

These packs are made up of Online Quests made available in Offline mode

HDD install instructions
    • Install Phantasy Star Online the usual way to your HDD (a second copy can be done just make sure you rename the game)
    • Extract PSO Quest Pack #.7z with 7-zip
    • Copy the extracted files and folder to the dvd folder of your Phantasy Star Online install and overwrite all via ftp

DVD install instructions
    • Extract an ISO of Phantasy Star Online [C-Xbox Tool can do this]
    • Extract contents of PSO Quest Pack #.7z into the dvd folder of the extracted ISO, overwrite all files
    • Create a new ISO [C-Xbox Tool can do this]

General Notes
    • To play these fully you are required to have completed the original Offline Quests
    • Original Offline Quests are overwriten so can't be played
    • HDD users I recomend a 2nd copy installed for this mod you can play both Offline Original Quests and Online Quests in Offline mode
    • The quest board is not perfect due to limited space in the file to edit text, that was just hex edited.
    • I never got round to testing all of these so some quests may not work
    • Please report any bugs
    • I may be re-doing these at some point
    • I also have a few idea's for new quests
    • Due to time I may never get round to doing anything more but if I do I will report it in this thread

C-Xbox Tool may not be the only tool that can do this, it is rather old now.

Download Links:
    Links are hidden from guests. Please register to be able to view these links. The full game can be aquired Here and has already been hacked to be able to play the game withough having an Xbox Live account that is no longer available to the Original Xbox

Pack 0 contains the original Offline Quests

Pack 1 contains the Online Quests:-
    1. The Construct (Just contains a few hacks)
    2. Item Maker (Another hack quest)
    3. 1-1 Planet Ragol
    4. 1-2 Torential Woods
    5. 1-3 Subterranean Den
    6. Mop-up Operation #1
    7. Endless Nightmare #1
    8. Central Dome Fire Swirl
    9. St. Valentine's Day
    10. Strange Sighting
    11. Rappy's Holiday
    12. Lost EGGBLASTER
    13. Wrath of Forest
    14. Lost HEAT SWORD
    15. 2-1 Infernal Cavern
    16. 2-2 Deep Within
    17. 2-3 The Mutation
    18. 2-4 Waterway Shadow
    19. Mop-up Operation #2
    20. Endless Nightmare #2
    21. Schthack's Request
    22. White Day
    23. Land of Lily
    24. Science Project
    25. Lost ICE SPINNER

Pack 2 contains the Online Quests:-
    1. The Construct
    2. Item Maker
    3. Slime Anarchy
    4. The Missing Maracas (2 players minimum, I may edit to make 1 player possible)
    5. The Tinkerbell's Dog
    6. 3-1 The Facility
    7. 3-2 Machines Attack
    8. 3-3 Central Control
    9. Mop-up Operation #3
    10. Endless Nightmare #3
    11. MAXIMUM ATTACK 1 v2
    12. Miyu's Nightmare
    13. Today's Rate
    14. Lost SOUL BLADE
    15. 4-1 The Lost Ruins
    16. 4-2 Buried Relics
    17. 4-3 Hero & Daughter
    18. 4-4 The Tomb Stirs
    19. 4-5 Dark Inheritance
    20. Mop-up Operation #4
    21. Endless Nightmare #4
    22. Christmas Fiasco 1
    23. Towards The Future
    24. Tyrell's Last Hope
    25. Lost HAVOC VULCAN

Pack 3 contains the Online Quests:-
    1. The Construct
    2. Item Maker
    3. 5-1 TestVR Temple 1
    4. 5-2 TestVR Temple 2
    5. 5-3 TestVR Temple 3
    6. 5-4 TestVR Temple 4
    7. 5-5 TestVR Temple 5
    8. Gallon's Shop
    9. Lost SHOCK GUNGNIR
    10. 6-1 TestSpaceship 1
    11. 6-2 TestSpaceship 2
    12. 6-3 TestSpaceship 3
    13. 6-4 TestSpaceship 4
    14. 6-5 TestSpaceship 5
    15. Reach for the dream
    16. Lost RIOT RAYGUN
    17. Blue Star Memories
    18. 7-1 From the Past
    19. 7-2 Seeking Clues
    20. 7-3 Silent Beach
    21. 7-4 Central Control
    22. 7-5 Isle of Mutants
    23. Pioneer Christmas
    24. Pioneer Halloween
    25. Festivity On the Beach

Pack 4 contains the Online Quests:-
    1. The Construct
    2. Item Maker
    3. 8-1 Below the Waves
    4. 8-2 Desire's End
    5. 8-3 Purple Lamplight
    6. Beach Laughter
    7. Dream Messenger
    8. Lost DEVILS SCEPTER
    9. Maximum Attack 2
    10. Phantasmal World #1
    11. Phantasmal World #2
    12. Phantasmal World #3
    13. Phantasmal World #4
    14. A New Hope
    15. Christmas Fiasco
    16. MAXIMUM ATTACK 2 V2
    17. Rare Rappies
    18. Respective Tomorrow
    19. Ill Gill Ownage
    20. Sealed J-Sword Hunt
    21. Seat of the Heart
    22. The East Tower
    23. The West Tower
    24. Tower Mop Up
    25. Weather Effects
    Last edited by Zorlon; 10th-July-2013 at 11:58.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

2. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Zorlon For This Useful Post:

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    EP Points

I will add the comments left on my older threads here so new users know what has been tested and what is not working so far/any bugs that have been spotted

After the old threads can be removed as the links on Meganova have been getting removed

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Sweet. Thanks for this.

Thanks

you need a updated installer because you haven't explained where to copy this once you have it on your hard drive with xiso

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by John Madsen View Post
    you need a updated installer because you haven't explained where to copy this once you have it on your hard drive with xiso
    Extract contents of PSO Quest Pack #.7z into the dvd folder of the extracted ISO, overwrite all files

kinda explains it

Xbox hard drive and PC folders if you are rebuilding a xiso are the same it will always be the DVD folder this is the folder that all the files are stored just keep the folder structure when you extract the packs or it wont work

dvd folder is not the main folder there is a sub folder on the DVD called dvd this includes inside an xiso

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    EP Points

Just wanted to add that I do want to create some of my own quests at some point

I do however need another new HDD (ran out of space this time)

That asides I am after quest idea's maybe an overall story line made up of 25 quests, from easy to hard ones

quest ideas can use any area's used in episodes one and two

only idea I was given a while back was a boss rush type quest that from the very little testing I done was very much doable, I did have that made (lost now though) but it was missing a few things and it was a lil buggy in places but I do it can be done, this howevery doesn't realy fit into the idea of a story line based set of quests (P.S. I don't think I can edit the main games main story line or not but all there realy was, was the main ships charactors and a few message thingies left on ragol)

to be honest though only just got a PS3 so will be pre occupied with that for a while ... still got a bunch of 360 games to get through aswell

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

EP Points

Perhaps if you examined the quest board hex layout, you might be able to reverse engineer that section of the game far enough to create an iso with all the quests, online and offline available at the same time. It is possible within the constraints of the game, as the original online quest list is longer than the offline list.

It also might be possible to look at the blue burst code and see what SEGA did there to extend the quest list, as there really isn't much difference between PSO xbox and PSO Blue Burst.

Failing that, a sub-story quest set replacing the default quests in terms of utility value would be great. Include some cool item prizes and some way to get the items SEGA denied us [SARCASM] pathetic not-Japanese folk [/SARCASM] Story-wise, I wouldn't mind seeing something like the Bernie/Sue arc...
    Last edited by Draconis; 15th-May-2012 at 22:03.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    EP Points

increasing the size of the quest board corrupts it to an unusable state, already tested that

I done beter than that I looked at the GameCube special that has a few extra quests, but again failed

I looked at the GameCube version because the xbox and cube quests use the same code but the all the other versions have different code and are not compatible with the xbox and gamecube by default (though I did convert a few and edit a couple so they can work)

But yeah the idea is to give a bit of new life to the old PSO1&2 game

Items, I can give out any realy aslong as the game has them coded into it and create new custom quest items (quest items are not limited anyway)

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

EP Points

I'd say, item and utility wise, the new quests would need the following if we can't extend the quest board...
    1) A way to craft the enemy parts weapons
    2) a method to actually use Photon Drops and Spheres
    3) make items that were unavailable in the us release due to SEGA not bringing over the events (like the red ring) available through quest awards and items available only thorough seasonal quests (Halloween rappies etc.).
    I can't seem to find a list, but given SEGA's track record with PSO, it probably happened. It might be best to focus on known event drops. Using a Gallon's Shop style maguffin trade might be easiest as that's what SEGA did.
    4) Unifying storyline through a variety of quest types. This might be a bit ambitious, but it would be great to have a huge number of VERY different quest types unified with a story of sorts. The best would be if the Gallon style shop could be set up in such a way that it doesn't take an entire quest on the list.

Something else to note is that PSO Xbox had the Central Dome Fire Swirl DLC, which iirc was playable offline. If that was the case, then it obviously managed to add itself to the quest list somehow. Perhaps it might be a good idea to look at the quest itself and the DLC package. If my memory served me well, we might be able to package all the online quests individually as a sort of bootleg DLC.
    Last edited by Draconis; 16th-May-2012 at 20:16.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    EP Points

Not for xbox but for gamecube I had most DL Quests on memcard

I couldn't find CDFS as a DL for the XBOX but I have Central Dome Fire Swirl in one of my packs and a way to use Photon Drops and Spheres in the Gallons Shop quest, used to buy stuff if I remember, also the Photon Drops and Spheres items are just quest items and could be changed to anything, basicly they are generic items that have a custom name that quests like gallon's shop will recognise...

Hmm the Jap Halloween quest was not translated or anything but the item that was available in that quest got an english only quest instead (reasonably sure that was also a Halloween quest just it runs a lil differently to the jap counterpart)

The first point I'm sure it can already be done aswell but as I have not personly tested all my quest packs so I can't verify that just at the moment, but one of my YouTube comments says it has been done

If I knew the structure of Download Quests for the xbox I would of gone that way as it is easier to do than hacking the quest board, the stucture is different for every version I know the structure for though, this includes Dreamcast GameCube and PC versions of PSO (the file format will be raw though rather than xbox/gamecube direct format, not realy a problem as I can control the output format with ease, it's more just remembering to save the corect version)

all the above wouldn't be needed to create a new story to be honest though sure it can be done, it's just a case of ripping the code to do those things, just all those things can also be put into a single quest but it wouldn't be very original, same as the boss rush idea isn't realy very original though I may still do one but that wouldn't be related to story driven quests, well not that I can think of.... I could add that as part of a story... maybe...

another shop added into every quest is an option purhaps replace the guy that can identify weapons while your mid quest, or simply add a wondering sales man

not realy keen on that idea though, it would take a lil work to do but it would be a pain to put into every quest
    Last edited by Zorlon; 17th-May-2012 at 22:07.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

I came across your forum post and I wanted to ask if these online quests which you have are playable on the original xbox?

I have yet to see anyone else with such a downloadable collection, I'm very pleased to see that the original xbox version of PSO is still alive

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by spade88 View Post
    I came across your forum post and I wanted to ask if these online quests which you have are playable on the original xbox?

I have yet to see anyone else with such a downloadable collection, I'm very pleased to see that the original xbox version of PSO is still alive
    Yeah they are for the original xbox only (they will mostly work with the gamecube version also, but not fully)

basicly I made the downloadable quests work as normal quests in the game, so these replace the original offline quests

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    EP Points

The server has moved....

Links have now been updated, sorry for any inconvinounce.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

Yeah, these are fully compatible with GC once you've re-compress them to whatever you want to use them for. I'm assuming the standard offline quests were ripped from the PSOX disk and the additions were ripped off a GC memory card after being downloaded from Captain N's GC server lol, correct?

A good thing to remember is that all PSOX quests and PSO:GC quests are compatible with one another as they use the same V3 quest script. Both GC and xbox can also utilize V2 script (DC v.2 and PC v.2 quests) but can't use BB quest files at all unless they're rewritten in V3 due to it being V4 script. I'm unsure about V1 quest script code (DC & PC v1).

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    EP Points

GameCube and Xbox use the same quests files and structure you do not need to recompress anything

Very much incorrect, I had my own set of fies, but most the files are server side files (alot I had myself anyway (Do not remember how I even came accross those), a number of them from home made quests then a few from home server apps and other places) all got converted first to work [Never heard of Captain N though I have used a unofficial server to play PSO on my Cube, but I didn't get the files that way]

Yeah I edited the BB scripts to work on GC/XBox but you can't do that with BB only area quests, not without redesigning them to work on EP 1&2 area's... not worth the hassle and would need to be almost totally re-wrote

Editing BB quests for use on Xbox and GC wasn't hard though, specially as there are only a couple of script differences that have V3 versions, I went through those rather fast once I figured out the first couple I converted that do use EP 1 & 2 area's

The Quest board is the Xbox version though and as far as I know is not compatible with the GameCube, though I only ever tested the last version of the GameCube PSO 1+2 that has the extra quests, so it may work with the standard version of PSO1+2
    Last edited by Zorlon; 5th-July-2012 at 17:00.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]