Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,947 Times in 1,269 Posts

Blog Entries
    EP Points

Default [Mod] Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 mod and fix [EP Hosted]

The fix

Drops fix.zip is to fix the issue in Episode 2 quests (Packs 3 & 4), I also include in that the original files to be used with Episode 1 quests (Packs 1 & 2)

It was a long time waiting for that :/ sorry I lacked a working xbox for a while, I finally got round to getting a new HDD for it though and now it's running smoothly again

I will eventually add the above into the actual quest packs (I need to test those packs though there are some bad quest files in there)

The mod

PSO Unlocking mod.zip is a very basic mod but it took some work to get it working correctly.

This adds an NPC to the offline Episode 1 game, he will show up when you are not on a quest

the NPC stays in the Hunters Guild and offers to unlock and lock stuff...
    • open or reset quests (makes quests replayable, or resets it so the game thinks you have not started any)
    • unlock or reset area's (unlocks them all or closes them all except for the Forest)
    • unlock or lock next difficulty (Unlocked the next difficulty setting or locks it)

It was the last bit I struggled with but finally I got it working just fine, tested it going both ways locking and unlocking difficulty settings

The NPC does state this as well but open all quests will not show all the quests if all the area's are not unlocked

What to do with the files

these files are not really zip files they are 7z files and strongly recommend using 7-zip to extract with

HDD Users
    once extracted ftp over to your Hard Disc Drive to the dvd folder of PSO
    Filezila is fine for doing this

ISO/DVD Users
    Extract the ISO to it's own folder then open the folder
    In there, there will be a dvd folder, this is the folder the extracted files are stored
    copy the extracted files to the dvd folder
    create the iso again

qwix or C-xbox tool can both extract and create xbox iso's

P.S. these are very small files but what they do is a lot bigger

P.P.S. I will be working on fixing the problem quests soonish as well, been doing lots of testing and enjoying these as I had yet to fully play them myself, Pack 2 has a number of failed converted quests that I will have fixed soon, but I will be re-upping those anyway with the fix included

This is just an early release for my birthday gift to you... I'm sure I will have a video's/screen grabs up and all sorts by the time I do the real release

EDIT:-

Is it worth doing an unlock NPC for Episode 2 (offline), mostly for unlocking area's (I know I'm not all that keen blasting through the VR then the other area's), I could maybe include the difficulty locking/unlocking script as well if it works from Episode 2.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Zorlon; 18th-July-2013 at 07:00.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Zorlon For This Useful Post:

Thanks

EP Points

Thanks, man.

Nice to see, that you are still working on the good old Xbox.

Zorlon is offline Administrator Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by DonPromillo View Post
    Thanks, man.

Nice to see, that you are still working on the good old Xbox.
    It's a private project I was meaning to fix a while back, I will be working again on the quest packs, for now I am testing them/enjoying playing them

so far I have spotted a few errors, Pack 2 has a handful of none working quests and 3 and 4 have a small number of quests that need editing to get working with the xbox version

Pack 2 shouldn't be difficult to fix at all

the script issues may take a bit more time to fix though thankfully there are only a couple of those that need fixing

I am not too bothered about the blueburst script text formatting errors as that does not do anything to stop the game from working or make the text unreadable but does show annoying characters mostly a solid block as if a letter should be there (it's just a bit of text formatting code that dose not work on the xbox though)
    Last edited by Zorlon; 20th-July-2013 at 09:46.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

would there be anyway to add a fake quest or a character who levels you up and or gives you rares? lost all my saves and dont want to play up to where i used to be again?

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    EP Points

You can edit some of the files to give you silly amounts of XP

The items can be generated with one of the quests I used as a fill in, in the packs I forget what quest that was though off the top of my head

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Zorlon For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zorlon View Post
    You can edit some of the files to give you silly amounts of XP

The items can be generated with one of the quests I used as a fill in, in the packs I forget what quest that was though off the top of my head
    how could i do that? im not to familiar with editing that stuff but i can figure it out if given a tut or video. that would be cool to instantly go up 30 levels in one quest haha.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    EP Points

No idea what kind of exp you would need to just that level

There are no guides and I'm not about to make one

The software used is easy enough but could not remember what it was called off the top of my head, done a bit of digging though

You want a Battle Param Editor

There are two of these though and not sure if they both worked with the xbox version or just one of those

BattleParamEditorRW or Lee's Battle Param Editor just google for those

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

If i recall only episode 2 drops were glitched (nothing would drop from towers) what drops were fixed on episode 1?

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    EP Points

It was the download quests in offline mode that I made a fix for Episode 2 Quests and Episode 1 needs no fixes, the reason any fix was needed, is because the quests ran in episode 1 mode from the episode 1 hunters guild so I just edited the drops file to be that of Episode 2 instead Episode 1 in Episode 1 mode the fix for Episode 1 was just to undo the fix for episode 2 and restore the file to what it originally was

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

oh so thats y the episode 1 "fix" gonna need em again for quests. gotcha. i was wondering. with hex editor how can i edit the amout of exp? i believe you have a youtube video that says 1 exp is 10 and 5 is 50. some kind of exp booster. do you have it here for download?

Thanks

Google "pso snowfox" and click on the "The Dark Syndicate" link. Should be your first link. Go to the XBOX section and select easy level. You can compare the your original file to it and modify to your liking.

Thanks

I like your formula where its like 10x exp that way i wont level so fast. i tried their level up patch but with one mob i go all the way to 130s. dont really like that idea. i wanna have fun do you still have the file for download? and if you do can u post the link here. thanks in advance. great work on all these packs and stuff. pso is one of my favorite games and we still play it at this household. couple of us actually thanks to your online quest.

Thanks

Open up BattleParamEntry.dat file with a Hex Editor. Replace 7F9698 (9999999 Experience) to your liking.

Example Below:
    9999999 = 98967F = 7F 96 98
    65000 = FDE8 = E8 FD 00 (Gives out 65k exp)
    10000 = 2710 = 10 27 00 (Gives out 10k exp)

You take your decimal value and convert to hex. Then reverse the bit. One bit equals to 2 digits. See how 10000 is 2710 in hex? Then reverse 2710 which becomes 10 27. But it uses 3 bit so you just include the leading 0's.

Thanks

Can you do a huge favor? Can you upload the battleparam thing with 10k exp. i tried everything and couldnt find 7F or 96 or the 7F 96 98 or 98 96 7F with the hex editor. i found 98. but that was it. i like need literally step by step instructions on how to use it or change settings somehow. i mean if its not too much trouble. if it is, its ok. i know you're a busy man lol.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    EP Points

get either BattleParamEditorRW or Lee's Battle Param Editor and change whatever you like

No hex required and it tells you exactly how much exp each creature will drop for every difficulty

makes editing that much quicker

(check both progs one may not work with the xbox version, it's been a while since I modded PSO)

I used exp boosts while testing, then nuked it as too much of a boost spoils the game and was just for testing

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Zorlon For This Useful Post: