Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Originally posted by Magus
    You might just want to use the nForce2' integrated grahpics instead of your Geforce 2 in the meantime. It's performance is likely equal to the Geforce 2, though I have not seen comparative benchmarks.

You will never see comparitive benchmarks as the nVIDIA nForce�2 Ultra 400 chipset with MCP-T is not intergated graphics

This is what nVIDIA say about the chipset I will have:-

Introducing the NVIDIA nForce2 Ultra 400 and NVIDIA nForce2 400
    The NVIDIA nForce2 Ultra 400 incorporates dual 400MHz DDR controllers, delivering twice the bandwidth of typical DDR chipsets, an optimized 128-bit architecture, and 400MHz frontside bus (FSB) support for unparalleled performance. The NVIDIA nForce2 400 relies on a single 64-bit memory channel to deliver 400 MHz FSB and 400MHz DDR performance to the mainstream.

NVIDIA nForce2 unleashes blistering system performance and Dolby� Digital 5.1 audio for today's most demanding users. Combine it with an NVIDIA-based performance graphics card, and you've got a PC for the most tricked-out performance and immersive gaming environments ever experienced on a desktop PC.

Look for the latest NVIDIA nForce2 Ultra 400 platform processors powering the ultimate gaming platforms. Incorporating dual 400 MHz DDR memory controllers, a 128-bit architecture, and 400MHz frontside bus (FSB) support, the NVIDIA nForce2 Ultra 400 eliminates system bottlenecks and speeds up applications so you can play harder and faster.
    Unmatched system performance: NVIDIA nForce2 delivers blistering platform performance through patent-pending system technologies, a revolutionary memory architecture--including DualDDR memory controllers--and high-bandwidth connectivity solutions.
    Screaming graphics: Combine the system performance of NVIDIA nForce2 with the latest NVIDIA-based add-in card for ferocious 3D graphics power. The NVIDIA nForce2 architecture also provides an AGP 8X graphics slot, so that users can upgrade to to the most powerful GPU solutions available.
    NVIDIA SoundStorm� cinematic quality 3D positional audio: NVIDIA SoundStorm, part of the NVIDIA nForce2 audio processing unit (APU) encodes audio in Dolby Digital 5.1 format for full surround sound effects, and processes up to 256 simultaneous audio streams to drive your home theater experience.
    Ultimate connectivity: NVIDIA StreamThru� technology combined with a chip-to-chip HyperTransport� interface delivers the fastest and smoothest video and audio streaming. The NVIDIA nForce2 MCP-T also includes integrated DualNet Ethernet controllers, up to six USB 2.0 ports, Ultra ATA133 connections, and a FireWire� port, providing the ultimate in networking and digital connectivity.

Not that I know what all that means but I do know that, the motherboard that I'll be getting doesn't have the graphics built in.
    Last edited by Zorlon; 12th-July-2003 at 03:03.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR