Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Default [ESR patched game results] to be added to the "ESR Compatibility List"

This is for posting results of your ESR patched games working or not and for adding games to the existing compatibility list at ESR Compatibility List that is closed to posting, I will edit in any new games added

Please post your results in an easy to read format and with all the information needed to add your game results

NOTES FOR POSTING RESULTS

You may want to check your disc images before you patch them at http://redump.org/discs/system/ps2/ to make sure you have a good copy
    (the above does not work if you patch and unpatch the game it would also not work if the game is patched in any other way aswell)

I need 4 bits of information, Game Name, Region, Notes & Status.... more info next

Game Name:-
    Kinda obvious what to put here
    Region:-
    NTSC-U, PAL-E or NTSC-J (There are other PAL options so if it's a none english PAL game please state)
    (Notes):-
    Include the media used... DVD9-/+R or DVD5-/+R or CD converted to a DVD5 or DVD9 to DVD5 rip
    If the game is not working please give details here or anything else worth jotting down
    NTSC notes have been added to a few PAL games that have 60Hz options and multi disc games have swop/swap notes)
    WORKS/FAILS

All results are credited to the user that posted them, uncredited results are from my own testing

P.S. Double posting here is fine as it does notify me when new information has been added, but don't sit and list games in seperate posts if you already have the information ready, i.e. if you know the results of 10 games before posting do not list them all in sepereate replies, this only applies if you are testing games as you go and you need to atleast test a little way into game play
    Last edited by Zorlon; 9th-September-2013 at 18:59.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Zorlon For This Useful Post:

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Here is an example

Forbidden Siren - PAL-E - DVD5+R - WORKS

There wasn't much notes to add asides from the media type I used and the game runs perfect... actually thats a real one so I will add that now

ADDED
    Last edited by Zorlon; 27th-September-2012 at 10:33.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Zorlon For This Useful Post:

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Forbidden Siren 2 - PAL-E - DVD9>DVD5 (Ripper: English Voices) - WORKS

Rip kit = Forbidden Siren 2 PAL Multi5 DVD9 -> DVD5 ripkit
    By Psychospacefish Version 1.02

Must select Japanese Audio after selecting New Game

P.S. the english voices from the first one are cringe worthy don't know if it got any beter in this one as I have never heard em, but I imagine not

ADDED

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Zorlon For This Useful Post:

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

R-Type Final - NTSC-U - DVD+5 - WORKS

Notes: R-Type Final does crash on a black screen if demo movie is left to run through fully, otherwise the game is fully playable start to end

I am unaware of this being a rip so maybe just a bug, possibly the same on the retail disc, this i do not know never owning the US version of the game.. or the UK version for that matter

I did notice though that the disc had stopped and simply removing the disc and re-inserting it, it goes right back to the start menu and starts the demo movie again (just open and close the lid will also work providing you don't have the lid sensors blocked, if you do just don't let the demo movie play through )

EDIT:-

Baldur's Gate Dark Allience II - NTSC-U - DVD+5 - WORKS

ADDED

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Zorlon For This Useful Post:

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Silent Hill 2 - Directors Cut - NTSC-U - Works
    Silent Hill 3 - (Start screen demo movie will crash out, don't let it play through) - NTSC-U - Works
    Silent Hill 4 - The Room -NTSC-U - Works
    Silent Hill - Origins - NTSC-U - Works
    Silent Hill - Shattered Memories - NTSC-U - Works

So I like a bit of silent hill, just wish they would re-make the first one as it is the best one it just has very outdated graphics

Ico PAL (RGB only) Works (re-tested)

I re-burned this game thinking my DVD had become corrupt, though no visable scratches could be seen but I use Component HD cable (YPbPr) for my display instead of a Composite A/V (RGB) or SCART cable so the game just shows a black screen, as it happens there was nothing wrong with the DVD and switching to the old Composite A/V and the game works perfect

I will start giving this info out aswell, anyway this is the first game like that I have come accross on the PS2

Half-Life - (uplink mod disc swap/swop Works) - NTSC - Works

All ADDED/EDITED
    Last edited by Zorlon; 27th-September-2012 at 16:14.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Zorlon For This Useful Post:

Thanks

MEDIUM = Vertabim DVD-R's(capacity - 4.7GB | speed - 16x | 120 min) USA(New Jersey).

** I BURN ALL GAMES @ 4X USING VERTABIM DVD-R'S WITH BRASERO ON LINUX **
    [The following games work]
    Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow - NTSC-U
    Resident Evil 4 & Outbreak
    Need for Speed: Carbon & Most Wanted - NTSC-U
    DBZ Budokai Tenkaichi 3 - NTSC-U
    Silent Hill 4 & origins - NTSC-U
    Bloody Roar 4 - NTSC-U
    Bloody Roar 4 - NTSC-J
    Tekken 5 - NTSC-U
    Twisted Metal Black - NTSC-U
    FFX-2 - NTSC-U
    FFX - NTSC-U
    FF12(international Zodiac | ENG Subs) - NTSC-J
    Tony Hawk Project 8 & Underground 2 - NTSC-U
    Mortal Kombat Armaggedeon - NTSC-U
    Devil May Cry 3 - NTSC-U
    Tenchu *Fatal Shadows NTSC-U
    Def Jam: Vendetta NTSC-U

[RETESTING]

Def Jam Fight for NY

MX vs ATV Unleashed - Skips and freezes.

ADDED - Need to verify what versions of the Final Fantasy Games are and what GTA 4 is
    Last edited by amboxer21; 3rd-October-2012 at 17:28.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to amboxer21 For This Useful Post:

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Thanks I will fill any gaps that you may of filled

Re-tested Silent Hill 3 , it was a bad copy of the game I had before (perfect image this time) so now the intro plays through normally

To make things clear though are all the FF games you listed all International versions NTSC-U or is just 12 the international version

Also I wasn't aware the International versions got a NTSC-U version so I want to verify exactly what you have there

GTA 4???? Grand Theft Auto 4 is a PS3/Xbox 360 game, I don't know what else GTA 4 can stand for

EDIT all the others are ADDED that had not been on the list to start with, just need to verify what Final Fantasy games you have and the region and what GTA 4 is

Tenchu - Fatal Shadows - Verbatim DVD+R - Works

Only tested booting and starting a new game, not played alot of it, too many cut scenes and loading screens for just a test (hurry up and rush into that village ) then died

Recomend you make sure your disc image is perfect before patching (unpatching a patched game changes the crc so you can't use that for verifying your ISO images), you can check by looking at http://redump.org/disc/11982/ and do a crc check, either with sfv or by right clicking the file and hitting checksum if your setup has that checksum feature

It's worth you looking at the other games aswell that failed

EDITED

Sega Ages 2500 Series Vol. 1: Phantasy Star generation:1 - Translated + CD to DVD - NTSC-J - Works

TOC was kept in tact and DVDScan was used to replace CD code with DVD code (funny the toc looks like it was aimed at a DVD sized disc to start with) added a couple of 1GB dummy files, total size was 2.05 GB lol the .05 is the game data the 2 GB are the dummy files, it is just a Mastersystem game with updated graphics, looks realy nice for a classic game though

Wow not done a CD to DVD convert myself for ages, wasn't hard , the US half life I added recently was already converted, so i cheated there

ADDED
    Last edited by Zorlon; 7th-October-2012 at 18:54.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Zorlon For This Useful Post:

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

NTSC-U games starting with Z I will update this post untill I have all the games starting with Z there are only a few anyway

Media is the usual DVD+R's
    DVD-R's don't do me any favors unfortionatly but this is not the same for all users

Zapper - One Wicked Cricket [NTSC-U] (CD to DVD Partial LBA match (stuttering movies but in-game perfect)) Works
    Zatch Bell! - Mamodo Battles [NTSC-U] Works
    Zatch Bell! - Mamodo Fury [NTSC-U] Works
    Zathura [NTSC-U] Works

Zapper may work beter if converted to DVD differently to what I done (personly I'm not fussed about the game, not my thing, though seems fun enough for a kiddies 3D platformer) [There are several FMV's 2 are logos 1 is the intro and 1 outro so no mid game FMV's] Zapper is also a game that has no dump verified over at redump.org yet so I may of had a bad CD image to start with

ADDED

Sega Classics Collection [NTSC-U] (Hit all triggers on selecting game) WORKS

ADDED

Zone of the Enders [NTSC-U] Works
    Zone of the Enders - The 2nd Runner [NTSC-U] Works

These two are already on the list, but I guess I just verfied em as working

Sega Ages 2500 Series Vol. 32: Phantasy Star Complete Collection CD>DVD NTSC-J Works just fine

I didn't do and LBA fixes this time but I did patch it run from DVD instead of CD and also put the files in the same order as the original CD also added a 1GB dummy

P.S. the main games in this collection can be played in English by changing the settings in game to Genesis instead of Megadrive or Master System III to Master System but the text adventures games are only Jap

I will also be testing the Genesis Collection as soon as that downloads that happens to have the megadrive Phantasy Star games on anyway and PS1 was remade officially and translated unofficially, as it happens already tested that one and it also works

ADDED
    Last edited by Zorlon; 7th-October-2012 at 18:55.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Zorlon For This Useful Post:

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Sega Genesis Collection [NTSC-U] WORKS
    Rez [NTSC-U] (CD>DVD) FAILS (Will try again at a later date) [CD>DVD boot code Partial LBA match]
    Rez [NTSC-U] (CD>DVD) WORKS (Files in same order LBA not matched, CD>DVD boot code not patched)

P.S. I may collect a bunch of iml files for the CD>DVD converts and call em rip kits lol (My own created ones anyway)

ADDED/EDITED

Zapper - One Wicked Cricket [NTSC-U] (CD>DVD-Files in same order-CD>DVD boot code patched) Works (still stutters in movies, you could try resampling the movie files)

I already have this game in the list but I was trying to get better results... I failed

Yanya Caballista City Skater [NTSC-U] (CD>DVD boot code patched) Works (Very very fast boot aswell)
    Yakuza [NTSC-U] Works

ADDED

Return to Castle Wolfenstein: Operation Resurrection [NTSC-U] (stuttering movies but in-game perfect) Works

EDITED
    Last edited by Zorlon; 7th-October-2012 at 18:56.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Zorlon For This Useful Post:

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Ys: The Ark of Napishtim [NTSC-U] (Minor FMV stutter) Works

I am using Maxel DVD+R's for now though, most burns seem just fine with those though, I will be looking back at any problem games though and see if I can't make a fix for them ;)

More from amboxer21

Bloody Roar 4 NTSC-J works thanks amboxer21
    Final Fantasy XII - International Zodiac Job System NTSC-J (Translated to English) works thanks amboxer21

More of my tests

Yakuza 2 Disc 1 [NTSC-U] (DVD9 to 2xDVD5 rip, nothing removed) Works
    Yakuza 2 Disc 2 [NTSC-U] (DVD9 to 2xDVD5 rip, nothing removed) Works

ALL ADDED

Shadow Tower Abyss [NTSC-J] (Translated (Bad FMV stutter)) Works

Note:- I will be going back over the games with FMV problems and try re-encoding/down-sampling to see if this fixes anything for those games, some I must admit sound and look like they play fine but have extra sound aswell... maybe some sort of copy protection... not sure

this will be time consuming so not sure when I will get round to doing something that big

Pop Cap Hits Vol 1 [NTSC-U] Works
    Pop Cap Hits Vol 2 [NTSC-U] Works

ADDED
    Last edited by Zorlon; 7th-October-2012 at 18:57.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Zorlon For This Useful Post:

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Dragon Quest V - The Heavenly Bride (Dragon Warrior V) [NTSC-J] (Translated) Works [Already on list]
    Final Fantasy XII International - Zodiac Job System [NTSC-J] (Translated) Works [Already on list]
    Front Mission 5 - Scars of the War [NTSC-J] (Translated) Works
    Namco X Capcom [NTSC-J] (Translated) Works [Already on list]

lol should of looked first but I guess I just verified a few more games that and I don't mind adding to my modest collection

Notes:
    Tested Resampling FMV's for Return to Castle Wolfenstien, this was an epic fail the sound is still funky in the FMV scenes, though demo movie did play smoother it still has funky sounds in there aswell, I will give up on for now with that game atleast

The only other thing to do is resample the sound aswell as the image and see if that would help it more

Test 1 for Zapper - One Wicked Cricket to see if it makes any difference with that one

Test 1 Results for Zapper are much the same FMV played a lil better but not too much (75% Downsampled)

Test 2 for Zapper, this time I did not down sample the video but did downsaple the audio from 48000 to 22050 instead and remuxed the video

Test 2 Results, FMV is worse than test 1 lol maybe a combination might work better, make it smaller without killing too much quality

Anyway Back to burning games without messing me thinks, killed too many DVD+R's today already

Yourself!Fitness [NTSC-U] Works (Yeah I'm gunna be fit as )
    Yu Yu Hakusho: Dark Tournament [NTSC-U] Works
    Yu-Gi-Oh! Capsule Monster Coliseum [NTSC-U] Works
    Yu-Gi-Oh! GX: The Beginning of Destiny [NTSC-U] Works [Already listed, so I just verified it]
    Yu-Gi-Oh! The Duelists of the Roses [NTSC-U] Works (bad fmv stutter)

Thats now all the NTSC-U games beginning with Z and Y tested just got # and A to X to do , pfft not going to be complete any time soon specially with the amount of CD based games I would then need to convert to work with ESR not many DVD9 games thankfully, wish someone would test some DVD5 rips of God Of War games though I have those on my PS3 anyway and the Guitar Hero games and Band Hero games as I have no interest in those (though I can test the guitar hero ones i was silly enough to get a 2xguitar set and GHIII)

ALL ADDED

Quake III - Revolution [NTSC-U] (CD to DVD) FAILS (No file patching)
    Quake III - Revolution [NTSC-U] (CD to DVD) FAILS (patched with DVD code IOPRP205.IMG & SLUS_201.67)
    Q Ball Billiards Master [NTSC-U] (CD to DVD) FAILS (No file patching) (there is no CD or DVD code in that one)

Thats all the NTSC-U games starting with Q, shame about those, even had a search on Quake III and I'm not the only one that got only bad results

ADDED My first total failures

I'm wondering for the games that stutter if you could just replace the movie driver from a game that doesn't stutter, not that sure if there is one or not but worth looking into it

I am a lil tired so off to bed now
    Last edited by Zorlon; 7th-October-2012 at 18:53.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Zorlon For This Useful Post:

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix [NTSC-J] (Translated) Works
    Plan, The - Th3 Plan - The Heist. The Betrayal. The Revenge. [NTSC-U] Works
    Pool Paradise [NTSC-U] (CD to DVD, no patching.patching (a little FMV stutter (Control Pad not recognised))) FAILS
    Puzzle Challenge - Crosswords and more! [NTSC-U] (CD to DVD, no patching) Works
    Puzzle Quest - Challenge of the Warloards [NTSC-U] Works

ALL ADDED

EDIT Pad not recognised for Pool Paradise, will test again another time, it may just need DVD patching as the drivers should be on the disc for Pads

I don't like CD converting when you have to guess what is need to be done to get the thing working
    Last edited by Zorlon; 5th-October-2012 at 13:23.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Zorlon For This Useful Post:

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Pool Paradise [NTSC-U] (CD to DVD, patched IOPRP300.IMG, SLUS_209.87 & STREAM.IRX) = Same problem as before DUALSHOCK 2 pad not recognised

I will change the status to FAILS

EDITED

Odin Sphere [NTSC-U] Works (Already on list so just a verify)
    Okage - Shadow King [NTSC-U] (CD to DVD, patched SCUS_971.29, I didn;t sort the files fully) Works
    P.T.O. IV: Pacific Theater of Operations [NTSC-U] (CD to DVD patched SLUS_205.67(FMV stutter for logo)) Works
    Pac-Man Feaver [NTSC-U] (CD to DVD patched SLUS_201.97 & IOPRP243.IMG (FMV Stutter)) Works
    PDC World Championship Darts [NTSC-U] (CD to DVD patched SLUS_217.73 & GAME.ELF (RGB Only)) Works
    Phantom Brave [NTSC-U] Works (Already on list so verified)
    Pipe Mania [NTSC-U] (CD to DVD patched SLUS_217.66) Works
    Psi-Ops - The Mindgate Conspiracy [NTSC-U] Works
    Psychonauts [NTSC-U] Works (Already on list so verified)
    Pump It Up - Exceed [NTSC-U] Works
    Punisher, The [NTSC-U] Works
    X Squad [NTSC-U] (CD to DVD nothing to patch) Fails
    Xiaolin Showdown [NTSC-U] Works (Already on list so just a verify)

That will do for today

ADDED
    Last edited by Zorlon; 5th-October-2012 at 22:51.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Obscure [NTSC-U] WORKS
    Obscure - The Aftermath [NTSC-U] WORKS
    Okami [NTSC-U] (very slight fmv lag) WORKS
    Oni [NTSC-U] (CD to DVD) FAILS
    Pinball Hall of Fame The Williams Collection [NTSC-U] WORKS
    Pryzm - Chapter One - The Dark Unicorn [NTSC-U] WORKS
    Pro Bull Riders Out of the Chute [NTSC-U] (CD to DVD patched SLUS_218.25) WORKS
    Pro Race Driver [NTSC-U] WORKS
    Pro Stroke Golf World Tour 2007 [NTSC-U] WORKS
    XG 3 Extreme G Racing [NTSC-U] (CD to DVD nothing patched) FAILS
    XG 3 Extreme G Racing [NTSC-U] (CD to DVD patched SLUS_203.02) FAILS

ADDED
    Last edited by Zorlon; 6th-October-2012 at 20:11.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Todays test results are

Petz Catz 2 [NTSC|U] WORKS
    Petz Dogz 2 [NTSC|U] WORKS
    Petz Horsez [NTSC|U] WORKS
    PaRapper the Rapper 2 [NTSC|U] (Shows 2 logo's and freezes on black screen) FAILS
    Phantasy Star Universe [NTSC|U] WORKS
    Phantasy Star Universe - Ambition of the Illuminus [NTSC|U] WORKS
    Piglet's Big Game [NTSC|U] (FMV stutter, in-game perfect) WORKS
    Pirates - Legend of Black Kat [NTSC|U] WORKS
    Pirates of the Caribbean - At World's End [NTSC|U] WORKS
    Portal Runner [NTSC|U] (Frozen on Loading screen) FAILS
    Predator - Concrete Jungle [NTSC|U] WORKS
    Project Eden [NTSC|U] WORKS
    XGRA Extreme G Association [NTSC|U] (Bad FMV stutter/in-game perfect) WORKS

Homebrew tested, on ESR patched DVD

SCUMMVM 1.4.1 (Game Interpreter) WORKS

WILL ADD THESE IN MORNING

ADDED
    Last edited by Zorlon; 8th-October-2012 at 19:33.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]