Thread: why is it so hard to find ps1 classic save game files

Thanks
    EP Points

Default why is it so hard to find ps1 classic save game files

is it just me or does anyone else here find it difficult to find gamesharked or cheated ps1 classic save game files for the ps3? thats the one thing i'm hating about having a ps3 is you can't gameshark the thing or have a devil of a time trying to find any kind of cheated or otherwise same game file. at least something that is like an ultimate start save with at least all items equipment weapons ect. i can't find anything like that for arc the lad 3 or chrono chross and its starting to bug me.

Thanks

Something to do with the saves having to be converted to be put on ps3, a guy once did it for me for a few saves through email but I could never figure out how to do it myself. Unfortunately in most situations like that the best answer would be to just play the game again, maybe play it on an emulator (can quick save and cheat.)

There is a website specifically dedicated to ps3 saves that have some psx classic saves on it but last I checked there weren't many (and no helpful ones for the game i was looking for which was FFVIII.) Good luck.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by DylanD View Post
    Something to do with the saves having to be converted to be put on ps3, a guy once did it for me for a few saves through email but I could never figure out how to do it myself. Unfortunately in most situations like that the best answer would be to just play the game again, maybe play it on an emulator (can quick save and cheat.)

There is a website specifically dedicated to ps3 saves that have some psx classic saves on it but last I checked there weren't many (and no helpful ones for the game i was looking for which was FFVIII.) Good luck.
    You could consider using http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps/197343-fi...asy-viii/saves

Similar pages exist for a fair few PS1 games on there, although I must admit, the lineup of content is sometimes very limited. Still, there're a fair few there under the PS3 version, both US and EU.

Thanks

Thanks anyways, it's been so long now I've just decided to replay it once I get around to it. Had my PS3 get a YLOD and killed my HDD, lost my Demon's Souls save and FFVIII 3rd disc save. Was pretty heartbroken but maybe I'll actually enjoy FFVIII this time, wasn't really enjoying it first time around.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by DylanD View Post
    Thanks anyways, it's been so long now I've just decided to replay it once I get around to it. Had my PS3 get a YLOD and killed my HDD, lost my Demon's Souls save and FFVIII 3rd disc save. Was pretty heartbroken but maybe I'll actually enjoy FFVIII this time, wasn't really enjoying it first time around.
    Why force yourself to play it then, with all due respect?

I don't really see the purpose to playing a game that you don't enjoy

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Make your own save and upload it to your PS3 via a PSP or emulate PSX on PC instead and cheat as much as you like
    Last edited by Zorlon; 14th-November-2012 at 15:27.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Ivo Robotnik View Post
    Why force yourself to play it then, with all due respect?

I don't really see the purpose to playing a game that you don't enjoy
    Chances are that if I actually get far this time I'll be enjoying it, I don't plan on playing it any time soon and no longer play games I don't enjoy. Thank you EP!