Thread: First Nintendo 3DS flash card with video and link.

Thanks
    EP Points

Default First Nintendo 3DS flash card with video and link.

Well here is the first announced Nintendo 3DS flashcard as for now its similar to some of the first GBA flashcards that came out back in the day. You can only load one game on the flashcard at a time and you don't have any kind of OS menu.

This is the link to the 3DS flashcard creator

http://www.crown3ds.com/

and this is the video

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

- James Oliver Rigney Jr. aka Robert Jordan (God rest his Soul.) 10-17-1948 to 09-16-2007

2. The Following User Says Thank You to lordrand11 For This Useful Post:

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Not sure how usable that is or even how real it is but that does look good for development atleast

Lets hope they give a full release sooner rather than later

Atleast the game is one that has been dumped already

Will post this in my 3DS thread over at EE, well just to say there is development underway, can't see them releasing that as it currently looks lol

And I will imagine there will be a GUI and multi rom launch menu deved up for it anyway so no worries there.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lordrand11 View Post
    You can only load one game on the flashcard at a time and you don't have any kind of OS menu.
    hmmm seems a bit fishy. If I would tear open a 3ds card, attach a bunch of wires to an old motherboard, I could make the same video. I'm not saying this isn't real, just keeping an open mind because youtube is full off digested food when it comes to hacking consoles.

It would be very nice if it worked though :p

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

This is not the only place to have the news

But again they say it may be fake

Quote Originally Posted by Crown3DS
    Great news! We are proud to announce that: Crown3DS, the first genuine 3DS flashcard in the world, its original testing card now can run 3DS rom game - "splinter cell3d.3ds" on 3DS V2.1.0-4 successfully(see more details in the above youtube video)! Many thanks to all of our developing guys, it couldn't make without their several months hardwork....

Next, we will dump more 3DS rom games, and will do further firmware testing and keep structure design updated for more high compatibility and stability.

The more specific info of Crown3DS card will be released sooner or later, to be expected!

Crown3DS Team
    I have a tiny problem with this quote as the game in the video was already dumped by Legacy not Crown3DS

They don't outright claim that they dumped the game but it is implied by the wording "we will dump more 3DS rom games" as if to say they had already dumped a game, namely Splinter Cell 3D, though they may have dumped it themselves aswell though.. though on the other hand, could be totally faked up.....
    Last edited by Zorlon; 21st-September-2011 at 19:36.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    Thanked 1,055 Times in 323 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by lestat2305 View Post
    hmmm seems a bit fishy. If I would tear open a 3ds card, attach a bunch of wires to an old motherboard, I could make the same video. I'm not saying this isn't real, just keeping an open mind because youtube is full off digested food when it comes to hacking consoles.

It would be very nice if it worked though :p
    You mean like the back in the day fake PSP CFW 6.00, "Team Mack" wasnt it.

well i take most things online with a pinch of salt

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zorlon View Post

I have a tiny problem with this quote as the game in the video was already dumped by Legacy not Crown3DS

They don't outright claim that they dumped the game but it is implied by the wording "we will dump more 3DS rom games" as if to say they had already dumped a game, namely Splinter Cell 3D, though they may have dumped it themselves aswell though.. though on the other hand, could be totally faked up.....
    I think it's even worse than that, according to ds-scene, splinter cell hasn't even been dumped yet. the only 3ds roms are super monkey ball 3D, lego star wars 3 and ghost recon.

Experience learned me that ds-scene isn't perfect all the time, but those are the only ones I've found so far that you can actually download. Hell not that we can do anything with the roms for the moment

Thanks
    EP Points

how big are the currently dumped 3ds roms anyway?

First Interview.... sees the couch
    Hello, i am the casting Couch. you have probably seen me in locations that you can ether not tell anyone, or places you wish you never visited if you know what i mean

Thanks
    EP Points

This sounds fairly interesting.

Thanks
    EP Points

Sweetttt. I was looking into this just this past Monday.

Thanks
    EP Points

Well as far as fakes go this is more of a wait and see. But as in the case of the GBA the first flash card that came out for that only ran one game at a time and didn't have any kind of OS menu. I mean personally I don't care about Hello World type videos (that may not be the appropriate or right kind here but oh well) but I do want to see what they'll be able to do with it (if anything).
    The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

- James Oliver Rigney Jr. aka Robert Jordan (God rest his Soul.) 10-17-1948 to 09-16-2007

Thanks

Well that's good, I was thinking about maybe getting a 3DS soonish (I can get it for $99 if I trade in my DSlite) but I didn't want to do that until there was a card for it. I hope there's more going to be made so I have a choice of them though.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Get one soon Zelda 4 swords will be free very soon for download from the DSi ware online shop (yes can be gotten by both DSi and 3DS owners)

That will be available for a limited time only I presume then made paid for later on or just removed

The Legend of Zelda Four Swords: 25th Anniversary Edition, DSiWare version of the GBA game The Legend of Zelda Four Swords, will be released on the Nintendo DSi shop and Nintendo eShop on September 28th. It will only be available for free until February 20th, 2012.

The game features some nifty new additions, such as being able to play on your own, using the L and R buttons to switch between two Links.

There is no Download Play, so each player will need a copy of the game for up to four-player multiplayer sessions, but given that the game will be a free download for all DSi/3DS users anyway, that shouldn't be much of a problem.
    Last edited by Zorlon; 22nd-September-2011 at 16:48.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Zorlon View Post
    Get one soon Zelda 4 swords will be free very soon for download from the DSi ware online shop (yes can be gotten by both DSi and 3DS owners)

That will be available for a limited time only I presume then made paid for later on or just removed
    im DEFINITELY getting it

First Interview.... sees the couch
    Hello, i am the casting Couch. you have probably seen me in locations that you can ether not tell anyone, or places you wish you never visited if you know what i mean

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by luffy4 View Post
    how big are the currently dumped 3ds roms anyway?
    260MB to 530MB apx so far

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Its so cute! Still in the early stages, yes, but running any type of custom code on the handheld is news enough for me to buy one soon.