Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My whole computer moving chopy,video and audio also is choppy?

Thanks
    EP Points

You need to use the tool Panda told you about to remove Norton. Just do it.

Thanks
    EP Points

The norton tool again

http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT...05033108162039

If one doesn't help, try one of the others

Also, get the .net 1.1/2.0 redistributables and install them.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

And then try Baku again.

Thanks

i personly would recommend reformatting your computer or restoring your computer to a previous date before it started to do this.

Thanks

my computer seems to have gotten worse.Not only is the mouse moving slow and choppy,and lagging but when I play audio or video files the sound is real choppy.Also my internet explorer is starting to crash now.I cant even click the links you guys gave me now.when i try to click it my internet exploer just freezes and locks up.I tried closing it and reopening internet exploer but whenever I try to click something that opens a new window,it freezes up on me.how can I fix this problem

Inside of a Final Fantasy NES cartridge...
    Thanks
    EP Points

Use FireFox instead of IE:
    http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Reezy View Post
    my computer seems to have gotten worse.Not only is the mouse moving slow and choppy,and lagging but when I play audio or video files the sound is real choppy.Also my internet explorer is starting to crash now.I cant even click the links you guys gave me now.when i try to click it my internet exploer just freezes and locks up.I tried closing it and reopening internet exploer but whenever I try to click something that opens a new window,it freezes up on me.how can I fix this problem
    Well, you have only a few options (and no, not even FF can help here, especially when he probably can't download it anyways)"

1. Try logging in as administrator. At the welcome screen, hit ctrl+alt+del twice, and you'll get a login prompt. Type "administrator" as the user and the password. If you didn't set a password (I don't recommend this for trillions of reasons) then just leave it blank. Hopefully in the administrator account you'll at least have a somewhat functional computer.

2. Login in safe mode. Hold F8 right before the windows loading screen to get a menu to pop up with different start up options. Select "Safe mode with networking." Hopefully you'll a semi-functional PC that you can repair. if your in safe mode, download the NOD32 trial and install/run. Its my favorite anti-virus of all time. Then so a spyware sweep, make sure you update AVG! Then use Baku and all that other crap.

3. or you have the cure all end all, which is:
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeble001 View Post
    i personly would recommend reformatting your computer or restoring your computer to a previous date before it started to do this.
    Which I hate recommending, most problems can fixed rather than your generic "OMGZ FORMATZ" reply. But at this point you may have no choice.

Thanks

firefox is working with no problem so far.however my whole computer is moving slow now.thats the main problem.I also removed both antiviruses and downloaded avg.it found two trojans but it couldnt remove them.it put them in the virus vault.here's the names of both of them: "Trojan horse downloader.generic4.wsp".They are in folders

C:\System Volume Information\_restore{D9DA9968-71AD-490C-88D2-3518F4EECA97)\RP3\A0000273.exe

C:\Qoobox\Quarantine\C\Windows\system32\o01PrEz\oo 1PrEz1064.exe.vir

It also says both files are backup copies.hey are currently in the virus vault.what should I do with these files and how can i get my computer to run faster?my computer is moving slower and slower.Im trying to get this fixed before the virus shuts down my whole computer

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Reezy View Post
    firefox is working with no problem so far.however my whole computer is moving slow now.thats the main problem.I also removed both antiviruses and downloaded avg.it found two trojans but it couldnt remove them.it put them in the virus vault.here's the names of both of them: "Trojan horse downloader.generic4.wsp".They are in folders

C:\System Volume Information\_restore{D9DA9968-71AD-490C-88D2-3518F4EECA97)\RP3\A0000273.exe

C:\Qoobox\Quarantine\C\Windows\system32\o01PrEz\oo 1PrEz1064.exe.vir

It also says both files are backup copies.hey are currently in the virus vault.what should I do with these files and how can i get my computer to run faster?my computer is moving slower and slower.Im trying to get this fixed before the virus shuts down my whole computer
    Virus vault is where it keeps all things you delete, just in case it deletes something it shouldn't. It would then let you put it back where it was. Don't worry about it.

Do what Panda said. Reboot in Safe Mode, etc.

Thanks

aight so far I have most of the problems fixed.the only problems now is the AUDIO and VIDEO.whenever I try to play a audio or video file it still plays choppy.how can I fix that problem?

Thanks
    EP Points

What media player are you using?

Thanks

Video Adapter SiS760 (32 MB)
    Field Value
    3D Accelerator SiS 330 Mirage Integrated

Field Value
    Audio Adapter SiS 7012 Audio Device

I also checked my device manager and it says have Realtek Ac97(something like that).another thing before i actually fixed some of the problems,my computer kept shutting down by itself.I still cant get it into safe mode.I defragmented the comp and everything.
    another thing Im not sure which version of norton because it was alrady in the computer when I bought it.It just says norton systemworks.how do I use that norton removal tool?My mouse is also still moving a lil choppy,just not as slow as before.

Thanks
    EP Points

Just download it and run it This is what you'll need

ftp://ftp.symantec.com/public/englis...moval_Tool.exe

Thanks

aight I removed noron and I'm still having the same problems.I also ran a bitdefender(one of the best online antiviruses) scan on my computer and it aint find no viruses.I attached the bitdefender scan along with my hijackthis.maybe its an error or something in there that I dont know about.What should I do now?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks

The bit defender text is in html. I renamedand it doesn't give any information other than nothing bad was found. I'll help you based on the HJT log if you want, but first have you seen
    this post?

http://www.epforums.org/showpost.php...6&postcount=15

Thanks

I actually got panda activescan to finally work but I forgot to save the report it didnt find any viruses.It found 2 pieces of spyware and 2 hackers/rootkits(something like that).If you want though I can run the scan again and post the report?

Edit:did you see any errors in my hijackthis log?