Page 85 of 148 FirstFirst ... 3575808182838485868788899095135 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,275 of 2207

Thread: Metal Music Discussion

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Howie
    The new Amorphis is really great, yes. Seems like a good mix of the new days and the good ol' days, and the new vocalist was a superb addition to the band.
    Am I the only one who hates new Amorphis? These were fucking amazing on their first 2 releases then they just gayed out and slowly started sounding like a pussy prog band.

"There are no flowers on your grave (there are no chains)"
    Just stfu you stupid shitty singer. They should have Tomi Koivusaari continue to sing.

Quote Originally Posted by Soeru
    I won't be writing any more reviews for M-A considering the amount of asshats over there, as well as the stories we've heard from Tancred from submitting reviews and page fixes.
    I still do submit reviews regardless of what those douchebags will do about it. The most they'll do is just remove your points and if they do I found a glitch that can bring some points back. Just edit one of your former reviews and re-submit it. If this review was made before your points were taken away, you'll get those points back. I did this about 5 months ago so I'm not sure if it still works. I want to hopefully acquire enough so that I'll be doing the page fixes and actually telling people the correct information about the bands they want to know about. That's the main reason why I joined metal-archives, to help out nubs learn more about bands regardless of what those fucking mods think. My last 2, Belmez - Siechtum and Countess - The Return of The Horned One, were accepted with no problem. They still didn't do jack shit about the page fixes I sent them. Lazy fucktards...
    Vae Victus!

Sacrifices have been made, thunder and lightning appear
    Rejoice in hideous blasphemy, know that the time is near
    The chosen hail their master well, lusting for hate and scorn
    Crying out in evil ecstacy, the antichrist is born

LOL OMG I'M ON MYSPACE I'M A SELLOUT

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tancred
    Am I the only one who hates new Amorphis? These were fucking amazing on their first 2 releases then they just gayed out and slowly started sounding like a pussy prog band.
    I didn't like their prog-days that much either, but on this new album it seems like they finally has produced something worthy a listen or even a purchase since Elegy. No, you're not the only one who hates the new album, maybe on this forum though...

Thanks

To be honest I haven't listened to any Amorphis other than "Tales of a Thousand Lakes", "The Karelian Ithsmus", and the "Black Winter Day" EP. Didn't even bother to download them way back then, so newer Amorphis is a mystery to me. I wish the same happened to modern Metallica fans.

Tancred, I don't think anyone is going to thank you for what you're doing for the site, maybe you should just stop bothering to submit stuff if they've fucked you over on so many occasions. But yeah, if you become a mod that would definately help you in your endeavor. Fuck those M-A cunts.

Thanks
    EP Points

Terminal Death ruled as per usual, unfortunatly, it was a bit quiet so the dj had to cater for the masses by playing softer stuff which soured it somewhat

Thanks

To be honest I haven't listened to any Amorphis other than "Tales of a Thousand Lakes", "The Karelian Ithsmus", and the "Black Winter Day" EP. Didn't even bother to download them way back then, so newer Amorphis is a mystery to me. I wish the same happened to modern Metallica fans.
    Good. Everything afterwards is complete nubish crap. The guys are haters too. I mean c'mon they got a song called Against Windows. Pfft... window haters...

Tancred, I don't think anyone is going to thank you for what you're doing for the site, maybe you should just stop bothering to submit stuff if they've fucked you over on so many occasions. But yeah, if you become a mod that would definately help you in your endeavor. Fuck those M-A cunts.
    It's not like I want to be thanked. I don't really care. I got a lot of free time on my hands so I don't mind writing a review or 2 every now and then. I'm too lazy and I don't have the resources to open up my own metal database site. The only thing that could compare to M-A is BnR and No Life Till Metal. BnR is some dude writing about metal bands he's heard of and trying to mention their entire discography. No Life Till Metal is a dude writing short reviews on metal (and some rock) CD's he owns. Nothing underground here...
    Vae Victus!

Thanks

static X is also good for Metal.
    "Vanity, Not love, Has Been My Folly"

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by punkrocker
    static X is also good for Metal.
    No, I am tempted to give you bad rep for that.

Thanks

No, I am tempted to give you bad rep for that.
    I heard Static X were good, but I've enver heard a song by them, so I won't now

New Kalmah, Zyklon, and Paris Hilton albums soon too.

Thanks

All hail Tancred. And my signature. <3

A co-worker(who talks 95% bullshit) told me he went to see Sodom and Finntroll, he said Sodom were shitty live. I think that's probably the only reason why I believe him, cause I don't think he's ever listened to Sodom before, but I'm also surprised that Sodom are still sloppy live(I saw some 1985 video of "Nuclear Winter" and it was sloppy as fuck.

He's one hell of a shameless bullshitter... but I think I believe him on the Sodom thing.

Thanks
    EP Points

Hmm, a friend has noted that pandemonium, bar the drums and vocals, sound like dream theater, they could probably release it under different curcuimstances and still be like dream theater.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TheotheImpaler
    Hmm, a friend has noted that pandemonium, bar the drums and vocals, sound like dream theater, they could probably release it under different curcuimstances and still be like dream theater.
    O RLY? Damn, shows how little I've even payed attention to DT. Pandemonium aren't even progressive... but they do have some doomy passages and use keyboards/piano as a main instrument so I guess that's probably the biggest similarity. I might be getting into DT sometime soon though... as I'm now checking out lots of different bands for the sole reason to find awesome technical guitarists to aspire to. My current list:

Van Halen.
    Trey Azagthoth.
    Dimebag.
    Steve Vai.
    Paul Gilbert.
    Erik Rutan.
    Vogg.

And pretty much any creative, unique player that conjures up an atmosphere with exotic solos. I'm not a fan of pure light speed mindless shredding unless it's some fun thrash like older Sodom, Kreator, etc. And rock/bluesy solos are fun to play, but so god damn overdone that it's hard to make it sound different.

Thanks

Lol Hahahahaha! Awesome Sig Bro!
    Vae Victus!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tancred
    Lol Hahahahaha! Awesome Sig Bro!
    I saw your myspace and I just HAD to use your pic somehow. I was worried you might be displeased so I thought you might've asked me to remove it, but it appears not. Nice gut... but, hairy? Bah, you haven't seen my Iberian-macho fuzz of d00m yet.

Would you happen to know anything on the rumored Sepultura re-union?

By the way, former Morbid Angel frontman Steve Tucker now plays in The Undercurrent, a hard rock band that did a song for some movie. I want to check them out but I can't find anything on 'em.

Another mystery band is Panzer X, a Polish based band(most likely rock, as it appears in white at Metal-archives) which has/has had Peter and Mauser of Vader, and Vitek and Sauron of Decapitated, Novy and a few other well known Polack death metallers.

By the way, if you like Danzig, check out Behemoth's cover of "Until You Call on the Dark" on the new EP. Nergal definately has a good voice, not just for death metal. I'd love to see him in some side-project "bad-ass hard rock" band like Danzig. Maybe Glenn himself will sing a song with them on stage on the next Blackest of the Black tour, just like Phil Anselmo on the Pantera/Morbid Angel tour.

Thanks

Haha no I'm not displeased one bit. You should've used the toilet pic though haha. That one's a fucking classic.

I've heard nothing about a Sepultura re-union. It's not like Max re-joining is a re-union. It's not like Sepultura broke up. Plus a Sepultura re-union would require Wagner "Antichrist" from Sarcofago haha

I'm sure it'd be something interesting but part of me just wants to believe that Sepultura is dead. After Arise, they just couldn't really hack it anymore. Chaos A.D. was a nice neo-thrash/groove album, but that stuff doesn't appeal to the majority of the thrashers and appeals more to the mainstream crowd. If Max does return, will it be a continuation of nu-metal Roots seeing as how Sepultura is pretty nu-metal nowadays along with Soulfly. I highly doubt that if Max does come back that they will return to their old former glory... but then again the new (I'm not sure if they released a new one but I heard these songs from some album a few months bacK) Soulfly album did have like 2 tracks that sounded a little similar to the few good tracks off Roots that didn't lick complete nutsack.

But you never know really. When Schmier got the boot from Destruction, those german thrashers went pretty groovy as well and sounded a bit like Exhorder and Pantera. Very fucking odd hearing a german thrash band sound like southern aggro groove. When Schmier did come back, Destruction released 2 killer albums so the same might be for Sepultura... but Destruction lately have fallen back to mediocrity so you never really know.

I'm not a fan of Danzig. I heard about 'em years ago when I found out that Tommy Victor played guitar for him. I checked Danzing out, didn't like it but then again that was a couple of years back...
    Vae Victus!

Thanks
    EP Points

Hmm, skinny dave is a member of this forum and all , he just hasn't posted yet, this is a man that has a 2000+ cd collection (don't ask, I still am amazed by it) I'd like to hear a few things from him on this thread as he is quite the metal head.

Edit: just bought tickets tonight to this event

http://www.wolvescivic.co.uk/index.a...show&woid=7751
    Last edited by Stark; 17th-January-2006 at 11:52.