Page 1 of 148 1234561151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Metal Music Discussion

Thanks

Default Metal Music Discussion

Ok just talk/discuss about any metal bands here but not any nu metal stuff please. For example post about any bands you would like to recommend to people or any new bands that has caught your attention

Thanks
    EP Points

Well, I could recommend Sonata Arctica (as in the other thread). I don't know how many people here listen to it, but they're a great band, IMHO.

Thanks

GareJei check out the Hibria they the cheesiest album cover ever

Thanks
    EP Points

metallica rules but i could recomend you ICED EARTH

Thanks

Well you know that Metallica are one of the best overrated metal bands

Edit: Just like to recommend Impaled if you like fast death metal
    Last edited by Frozen Sky; 5th-July-2005 at 21:51.

Thanks

Fans of Black Sabbath's early/doom stuff will love the band Sleep.
    Also, I'd like to recommend Mystifier, which is a Brazilian black metal band.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gheist
    Fans of Black Sabbath's early/doom stuff will love the band Sleep.
    hmm... Sleep you'll like High on Fire then since Matt Pike is also in High on Fire

Thanks
    EP Points

anyone heard of metalmame?

its a mame that has metal remixes fot its roms

i would post a link but im a lazy cunt
    youll just have to google it

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Sky
    Ok just talk/discuss about any metal bands here but not any nu metal stuff please. For example post about any bands you would like to recommend to people or any new bands that has caught your attention
    Hmm this is kind of why I made my other thread for reccomending bands, just not exclusively for metal bands...

If you like thrash metal at least one bit, you should check out Kreator's last two albums. Very nice stuff and it has a taste of melody unlike they're old "br00tal G3rm@n thr@$h" albums. I personally like most of the old stuff, but it's hard to get into. The band Nuclear Assault also put out a new album which I've got, haven't listened to it much yet but it doesn't sound too bad.

If you want to listen to the heaviest, fastest, and most brutal bands I've ever heard of, check out Wormed and Decrepit Birth. Both of them have only have 1 album out, so go buy/download it.

If you're into death metal and you don't listen to Morbid Angel, you should seriously do so, as they're one of the founding fathers of the style. Most people my age are into newer DM bands but once I discovered and got into the older bands like Morbid, Obituary, Deicide, Entombed, Death and Sepultura, I became a huge lover of oldschool death metal. In fact most of the stuff I check out now is old material, I haven't been checking out newer bands lately.

I guarrentee that if you like DM and are 18 or younger you probably won't like Morbid's fist album, but force yourself to give it a few listens, it will grow on you unexplicably. I hated it at first and now it's probably the album that I listen to the most(along with their later material too, which also kicks ass).

Morbid Angel's first 2 albums have a similar sound and feel, the third("Covenant", their most popular) and fourth albums pretty much forged what death metal would sound like after the 2nd half of the 90's. Their 5th album is a nice live show, and the following 2 albums "Formulas Fatal to the Flesh" and "Gateways to Annhialation"(like a slower version of FFtF) also kick unmesurable quantities of ass. Last year's "Heretic" wasn't as great as Gateways, it just had too much filler and wasn't much of an album. Now that they have their old "true" lineup hopefully they'll put out new material.

Behemoth rules. Period.

Nazgul and Uruk-Hai are two Spain-based black metal bands that I've recently become a fan of. If you like good true BM you're going to fucking love both of these bands(one of which is a side-project of the other). Nazgul is a bit more melodic. Hard to find their material though... if you ever spot me on EP's DC hub be sure to grab them from me.

Speaking of melodic black metal, Third Moon kicks ass. They play blackened DM with rather cheerful melodies, highly unusual but totally awesome. "Captured" is a great song.

Rigor Mortis is one kick ass oldschool death/thrash band that recently reunited again. I can't wait until they put out new material and start touring. Get their self titled, you'll love it's mysterious oldschool atmosphere and heaviness.

A band that I really love but haven't talked much about in a while is Godgory. They play very mellow melodic death/doom with lots of acoustic stuff thrown in. Opeth fans are required to check out their "Sea of Dreams" album, now.

Whew... metal rules, doesn't it?
    Last edited by Soeru; 6th-July-2005 at 06:37.

Thanks

Crionic rules..........

Soeru discuss anything from the metal world here cause we need a metal thread here

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GareJei
    Well, I could recommend Sonata Arctica (as in the other thread). I don't know how many people here listen to it, but they're a great band, IMHO.
    I listen to it and now and then, and it's a quite good band, even though their vocalist has one the cheesiest vocals pronounciations ever.
    They've done some pretty good covers, "Die With Your Boots On" (Iron Maiden) and "I Want Out" (Helloween) are both fucking awesome, but their cover of "Fade To Black" (Metallica) is embarrasing to listen to. You should try out Insania and Theocracy (christian Power Metal) GareJei, I think you'd like both of those bands.

Thanks

Okay um... anyone here into oldschool DM? I'm talking 80's/early 90's stuff... Sometimes I feel like I'm the only one that still listens to old DM. Most metalheads my age aren't familiar with a lot of those old bands except for ones that are still around like Deicide and Cannibal Corpse. Obituary and 80's Sepultura kick ass.

Thanks

I like Death. Carcass is kinda grindy death so don't know if they count. Heard Autospy were good haven't tried them out yet

Thanks
    EP Points

I used to quite like Sepultura, actually. The Arise-era material was particularly amazing. They were brilliant up until Chaos AD, and even Roots was good, despite the fact that it was nothing like their old albums. They suddenly went downhill when Max left, and I don't think I liked any of the stuff they made after his departure.

Thanks

I dig oldschool DM. Early Death, Bolt Thrower, Macabre, Atheist, Malevolent Creation, Monstrosity + the bands you (er... Soeru, that is) mentioned are all favorites of mine (along with a few others, such as Morbid Angel).
    It's a shame oldschool DM seems to be getting less attention by metalheads nowadays...

Edit: W00t! 500th post! It's about damn time...