Thread: Help Please...

Thanks

Default Help Please...

I bought The Ultimate Swap Set Bundle at bundle at Mod-chip.com
    and I downloaded dotHack//Mutation from the BT tracker here and I unzipped it and burned it to a DVD+R with Alcohol120% and I tried it on my PS2 and I went through the normal process.
    I opened the CD/DVD tray, I putted in the Magic Swap DVD disc and let the disc start when the Swap Magic starting screen appeared and I used the slide card to take the CD/DVD tray out, then I take the swap magic disc out and then I putted the Game in and pushed the CD/DVD Tray in and used the Slide card to close it and then I pressed the X button to like start it and then I get the error message that it ain't a PS2 disc...
    What is wrong? or what am I doing wrong?

and if I posted this in wrong section then I'm really sorry...
    Last edited by Onizuka89; 3rd-January-2006 at 19:01.

Thanks

im no expert in these things, but mayb your burn settings should b different? maybe dvd+r is incompatible, u shud try dvd-r? im sure someone else has better advice for you, these are just suggestions

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Not all PS2's are DVD+R compatable but if it's reporting not PS2 disc before even hit X or [] on your Pad then the slide card isn't working because the disc is being read before you hit any buton on your PS2 pad

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Well I'm pretty sure my Slidecard is working because I can play atleast 2 burned PSX games by using it and Breaker Pro.
    But I guess that I should try to burn the game on a DVD-R

Thanks

and at what speed have you burned your image?
    A Iso must be burned 2X or 4X max.

Thanks

Hi, if you followed the Magic Swap instructions perfectly (it sounds like you did) then it could possibly be that you either burned the DVD incorrectly, or that the image had errors. I don't have Magic Swap so I can't say for sure, if it's that or not.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Onizuka89
    Well I'm pretty sure my Slidecard is working because I can play atleast 2 burned PSX games by using it and Breaker Pro.
    But I guess that I should try to burn the game on a DVD-R
    Sounds like a good plan to me

You could try some PS2 CD games aswell, not all PS2 CD images are rips there are a number of games that came on CD to start with

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Well no problem any more it was just that my PS2 could't read DVD+R, since I burned it on a DVD-R and then it worked perfectly.
    Thanks so much for the help.
    Domo Arrigatou ^o^

I still have 2 problems but the 1st one I know the answer to and is nothing to do about, and the second one is that I can only c black and white on the game...
    Last edited by Onizuka89; 4th-January-2006 at 16:59.