Page 78 of 148 FirstFirst ... 2868737475767778798081828388128 ... LastLast
Results 1,156 to 1,170 of 2207

Thread: Metal Music Discussion

Thanks

Put some crotchduster on next time theo

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Capt_Spaulding
    Put some crotchduster on next time theo
    I agree with this man, put on some Crotchduster. Mammal Sauce, to be specific.

Thanks
    EP Points

I'll have to ask him, one thing I know about him is that he is a massive Immortal fan

Edit: lol, in fact his name is Dj immortal.

Thanks

Scary dude

Thanks

Looks like me when I only have 1-2 hours of sleep for 2 days. But he must be cool if he's a metal DJ, and he's an Immortal fan, so go greet him on his unholy throne of Blashyrkh.

Btw, I heard rumors that "I", the new band with Abbath and ex-Immortal members(the band is probably being renamed Immortal, lol) are going to be playing in Wacken 2006. I wonder if Sodom or Kreator are playing next year, they better have a new album out by then.

As soon as I get back from Spain I'm seeing Sodom/Finntroll, then in Feb. Nile/Decapitated and Napalm Death/Kreator. Tancred, I want to see you at the Kreator and Sodom shows, bitch. Oh yeah, and at the Morbid/Krisiun/Behemoth show in March.

Seriously though, if you'd like to get together and jam to some thrash someday between Jan 8-18 I'd be more than willing as I'd have a lot of spare time on my hands.

Any other NYC/tri-state area metalheads that play anything? It's hard to find people, especially with those that have specific interests. I got some contacts with some guys that play tech. death(a vox and guitarist), maybe I can go jam with them tommorow if they have time. Also some metalcore kid that likes thrash emailed me and lives in Jersey City, which I basically go to every day to grab the train to my college in Newark.

But considering I've never found any other guitarists/bassists/drummers, I'm not going to be picky.
    Last edited by Soeru; 20th-December-2005 at 01:30.

Thanks

Soeru, you just say 'Aw, fuck it. I can't keep updating my sig every week. Bathory 4ever!'?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Soeru
    Looks like me when I only have 1-2 hours of sleep for 2 days. But he must be cool if he's a metal DJ, and he's an Immortal fan, so go greet him on his unholy throne of Blashyrkh.

Btw, I heard rumors that "I", the new band with Abbath and ex-Immortal members(the band is probably being renamed Immortal, lol) are going to be playing in Wacken 2006. I wonder if Sodom or Kreator are playing next year, they better have a new album out by then.

As soon as I get back from Spain I'm seeing Sodom/Finntroll, then in Feb. Nile/Decapitated and Napalm Death/Kreator. Tancred, I want to see you at the Kreator and Sodom shows, bitch. Oh yeah, and at the Morbid/Krisiun/Behemoth show in March.

Seriously though, if you'd like to get together and jam to some thrash someday between Jan 8-18 I'd be more than willing as I'd have a lot of spare time on my hands.

Any other NYC/tri-state area metalheads that play anything? It's hard to find people, especially with those that have specific interests. I got some contacts with some guys that play tech. death(a vox and guitarist), maybe I can go jam with them tommorow if they have time. Also some metalcore kid that likes thrash emailed me and lives in Jersey City, which I basically go to every day to grab the train to my college in Newark.

But considering I've never found any other guitarists/bassists/drummers, I'm not going to be picky.
    I don't really want to attend Sodom or Kreator live. The only Sodom I wanna hear were the old school, sloppy, blasphemers. And if I wanna hear Kreator, I wanna hear them thrash, not groove with half thrash ridden crap.

I'm probably free on those days too so I'll think about it... but I am a very lazy bastard...
    Vae Victus!

Sacrifices have been made, thunder and lightning appear
    Rejoice in hideous blasphemy, know that the time is near
    The chosen hail their master well, lusting for hate and scorn
    Crying out in evil ecstacy, the antichrist is born

LOL OMG I'M ON MYSPACE I'M A SELLOUT

Thanks

Soeru, you just say 'Aw, fuck it. I can't keep updating my sig every week. Bathory 4ever!'?
    Damn right. I'm also leaving for Spain in 2 days so I won't be updating it til next year, so fuck it.

C'mon man, what's wrong with the new Sodom and Kreator? I mean, you like Pantera and stuff... which is like THE thrash band with a groove. Ok, ignore Kreator as you hate any hint of melody in thrash, but Sodom's M-16 raped major ass(no pun intended). I haven't listened to it much yet, but it's way better than any other modern thrash albums I've heard to date. I personally liked Kreator's last 2 albums, in fact I wouldn't like Kreator if it weren't for those. However now I'm real big on "Coma of Souls", "Extreme Agressions", and "Pleasure to Kill", but no way in hell would someone in their right mind get to like Kreator just from listening to "Endless Pain".

I've already seen Kreator once(as well as ND), and I fucking loved them. They played "Flag of Hate" and "Riot of Violence" as an encore, and the crowd went fucking vicious. Seriously, of all the shows and bands I've seen, no other crowd gave the biggest response. They're no longer sell-outs man... they still have a real metalhead fanbase. Sure they pulled that Endorama shit but they've evolved and came back with the last 2 albums. I like them man, I like good thrash with good production.

Sodom changed their lyrical theme for the better, I just like political and war-themed thrash and DM(which explains why I'm a huge fan of bands like Vader, Terrorizer and Napalm Death and not a gazillion goremetal bands). War, politics, violence... that's what fits thrash the most, Destruction did a bit of the blasphemous thing but I haven't listened to it much.

Don't get me wrong I still love Deicide amongst other bands with obscenely Satanic themes, but I don't see myself "feeling" any of those lyrics, I'm more big on the occultism and Crowley/Thelemic themes that Morbid Angel have been dealing with since 1996 and Behemoth on the last 4 albums. Because it's easier to relate to, you can tell a personal story of your life by discussing how Pazuzu washed the Earth's flesh away or something, I like deeply symbolic stuff that still has that evil spirituality thing.

Do you go to any shows? I mean if you like mostly oldschool BM/DM/speed metal you aren't going to find a lot of shows of that kind... there's few people playing that nowadays. I wish I could've seen bands like Death, Deicide Sepultura, Morbid Angel, Terrorizer, Megadeth, Nuclear Assault, Testament and Possessed live back in the 80's...

Dude, if you want to start an oldschool death/thrash act, do let me know as I will get on a train right now for a jam. Anything old Sepultura, Death, Possessed, Sodom, Vader, Deicide and Morbid Angel ish, ...I'd kill to find people who liked playing that sort of stuff. All the thrashers nowadays only want to play Slayer-worshipping death/thrash metal, like this band whom I know the guitarist of called Lament, or the somewhat established Dew-Scented, just pretty generic stuff.
    Last edited by Soeru; 20th-December-2005 at 05:06.

Thanks

Ok, ignore Kreator as you hate any hint of melody in thrash
    LOL! Are we gonna have that stupid arguement again? I love Metal Church's Blessing in Disguise, Necronomicon's Screams (wailing leads and solos after wailing leads and solos), the German speed/thrashers Paradox, and numerous other thrash acts with melodies in them.

I'm probably biased when it comes to Pantera because they were the first band that got me into metal. Them and Prong (but I'm not biassed about Prong hmm...)

It's not necessarily how the band plays nowadays, but it's how they developed their style. Y'see, Endless Pain is a fucking thrashterpiece. Pleasure To Kill is a pretty damn good album as well. Then they started to change... I don't like change. It took me forever to get into Celtic Frost's Into The Pandemonium album and I still wish every single day they never changed. With Coma of Souls, Kreator dropped the lethal dose of heavy thrashing and went more progressive and technical. Nothing wrong with that. Blessing In Disguise and Screams were 2 fantastic experimental and progressive albums that made me fall in love with bands that I could care less about before. Coma of Souls had an opposite impact on me. When I expected to hear awesome thrash, I got a slab of progressive boring mid-paced stuff. Not all that bad but just generic in my ears. Still Terror Zone is a fucking awesome song. Afterwards I hear they went industrial and mainstream for a bit until coming out with Enemy of God which was ridden with groove. Kreator started out great, then just went all the way downhill.

Just like Annihilator. Annihilator... awesome technical Canadian thrash band... for the first 2 albums that is! Afterwards... it's a bunch of crappy overused groove riffs with no connections to their awesome past at all.

I'm just not into Sodom that much. Their early stuff is fantastic but after Persecution Mania... meh not all that great in my ears. And hell yes Destruction did a blasphemous king. I would probably crown them kings of old school satanic black/thrash. Sloppy, raw, satanic, lyrics filled with broken english satan praising themes, and lethal thrashing guitars. They still remained good until Release From Agony. Like Kreator, they wanted to get fancy. And like Kreator, I only like one song from the album. Sign Of Fear is one of the most beautiful Destruction tracks ever written. Their post-Schmier stuff was mediocre and when he rejoined the band they still kicked ass. But after The Antichrist, the band just couldn't get any better. And when you're on top, you can only go down. Metal Discharge was a very generic mindless thrash album with about 2 good tracks that didn't sound like the rest of the album. Inventor of Evil is just as lame. OMGZ you got Paul Di'anno and the n00b from Dimmu Borgir to sing on the same song with 10 other n00bs! Who cares...

I only went to 2 shows... well 3 really but I don't count that one. The first one was a bunch of local stuff, my buddy's band Bloodcore, Amon Amarth, and Deicide. Me being the smartass got hammered the first time from vodka... puked my guts all over the club and talked to 3 guys from Amon Amarth for a good half hour (unfortunately I barely remember a thing )

The second show was a bunch of local stuff, Full Blown Chaos, Sepultura, and Superjoint Ritual. Sepultura amazingly put on a good show playing mostly pre-Roots material. I shook hands with Andreas Kisser. The set was over an hour long and just kicked ass and ass. I only stayed to see SJR live because I had to see the legend Phil in person. GODDAMN FUCKER WAS SHOOTING UP BACKSTAGE! The stage was set up and it took the asshole like an hour and a half to get up from his ass and actually go and perform. I shook hands with Kevin Bond and his hand reeked of marijuana. Their set was about a half hour long. I'm not surprised seeing as how all SJR songs are about 30 seconds long. After the show I was hoping to meet Phil but the asshole ran out of the club with like 10 bodyguards around him. Goddamn crackhead. The 3rd one I was forced to go to... well not forced... it was either that or come home at 6 PM. Like WTF I don't come home that early! It was some gay emo screamo fago bullshit that my poser fag friends went to see. Worst show ever. I wasted more time standing outside smoking cigarettes than I did inside listening to shitty music. The first band was metalcore and they were actually pretty good. The rest sucked ass...
    Vae Victus!

Sacrifices have been made, thunder and lightning appear
    Rejoice in hideous blasphemy, know that the time is near
    The chosen hail their master well, lusting for hate and scorn
    Crying out in evil ecstacy, the antichrist is born

LOL OMG I'M ON MYSPACE I'M A SELLOUT

Thanks

Whoa you got to talk to AA? And see them with Deicide? Lucky bastard. I've seen:

Suffocation with Behemoth, openers: 1 crappy metalcore band, Misery Index and Cattle Decapitation.
    Kreator with Vader, openers: Pro-Pain(groovecore) and some other shitty metalcore band.
    Hate Eternal with Krisiun and Incantation, 3 shitty metalcore/"death metal" bands opening.
    Obituary with Napalm Death, openers: crappy metalcore bands.
    Suffocation/Cryptopsy/Vader/Aborted/Decapitated, openers: Dew-Scented and an uberly shitty metalcore band with two vocalists.

I was going to see Immolation/Deicide and Morbid Angel/Soulfly, but couldn't go. Oh well, at least I'm catching Morbid with Krisiun and Behemoth again, and I'll just have to wait for Deicide and Immo'.
    By the way, speaking of that Decapitated show, the whole thing is going on DVD as a bonus for the new album in a digipack version! You'll see my ass in that video! Though I don't like "Organic Hallucinosis" that much yet, I might just get it to see myself on the DVD.

I agree with you on Kreator, but you didn't like Sodom's "Augesbomb"?(sorry for the spelling, Ich nicht bin Deutsche, leck mein arsch und fick dein mutter.). Well w/e to each his own, but Sodom can do no wrong in my eyes. Kreator fucked up bad but they're at least trying to repair it with the last 2 albums. As 2 albums alone, they're quite decent, but I understand how oldschool fans expect something very different from Kreator. As I do from Megadeth, the last one was better but it's still no "Rust in Peace".

Sometimes bands just set standards too high at the beginning, then if the dare pull some shit that isn't as good everyone will think they suck...

You at a SJR and Sepultura show? Blasphemy. To be honest I don't know shit about Sepultura nor anything they did after Max Cavalera left, and just recently I'm getting into Morbid Visions, I have and love all the "inbetween" albums. There's lots of gaps that I need to cover in the vast kingdom of oldschool death and thrash metal.

You know what I would've killed to see? The Pantera/Morbid Angel world tour from about 4 years ago, when they were still together and Erik Rutan was still in MA. In fact Rutan was invited to play "Walk" with them on one set, he commented about it at Hate Eternal's site when Dimebag died... Phil Anselmo also did the guest vocals for Morbid Angel's "Day of Suffering" on that tour, I have a video of that, was pretty cool.

Edit: I personally don't like change either, especially when a band starts off so well... but a band like Morbid Angel is an exception. No 2 albums sound alike, that's what I love about them, and hence I love all of their albums except for Domination because of its poor inspiration and Vincent's half-assed vocal performance on it.

Immortal started out with the rest of the "true Norsk BM scene" on the first 3 albums, then they started to slowly develop their own unique sound, so much that I honestly can't call them "black metal" or "death metal". "Battles in the North" and everything that followed is very different from black metal. The riffwork is very tight, but still sounds incredibly raw and thrashy(I think you'll really like "AtHoW" and "Damned in Black"). It's like slightly sloppy but extremely focused and articulate. It's raw but with good production, and they don't sound like they're wasted when recording the album.

I love all the songs on "Endless Pain", but honestly, do you like listening to the album? I'm much happier with listening to those songs on a live recording. I'm not one to whine about sloppiness, after all I'm a political grindcore junkie, but "Endless Pain" is way to sloppy for me to give a good honest listen. By the way do you know that the reason Sodom got signed to a label was because some record label guy saw their show and said: "These guys are so bad, they deserve to be on a record!" And "Persectution Mania" wasn't sloppy... in fact I thought it was pretty tight.
    Last edited by Soeru; 20th-December-2005 at 06:31.

Thanks

What is a picture disc? I mean, I always see them for sale on the internet. Like, a picture disc?? Is it supposed to show you pictures if you put it in your cd player or soemthing?

Thanks

yea isnt that the equivalent to a data cd or something?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by austinsanity
    yea isnt that the equivalent to a data cd or something?
    I don't know, but Soeru should be able to answer, since he linked to some Morbid Angel picture disc before on ebay.
    Last edited by Lag; 20th-December-2005 at 09:41.

Thanks

I don't know, but Soeru should be able to answer, since he linked to some Morbid Angel picture disc before on ebay.
    Picture Disc literally means a disc with a picture on it For a example, a CD that has a picture of the band on it, rather than just being plain silver with the album name written on it. The term originated from vinyl record where instead of just being black vinyl, the record would have a picture or some sort of artwork on it.
    Increase the size of your wang - PM crusher the words "poo poo" for extra length now!

Beware Coward!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ton
    Yeah that'sit , you're just so sexy , woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Thanks

Thanks Hangman. But why would you seach for such a pointless thing like that? I mean, it's just a picture! The music's the same... isn't it?

Edit: Oh, god! Get the album Symphony Of Delusions by Blind Stare!!! I'm on the first track (Central Theory) and I'm already hooked!