Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 101516171819202122232425 LastLast

Thread: dreamcast

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by xxhardc0rexx
    I sent Sprung a link to a news story about the re-release of the Dreamcast in Japan. It will be through Sega-Direct and although Lik-Sang does not have a link up yet, you can bet your panties they will....soon. This is big news. I hope it's not anti-modchip. If this really comes out, and I get my hands on one, I am getting _E V E R Y F U G G I N D R E A M C A S T G A M E E V E R M A D E_
    _
    cause it's like....so retro. I must have it!!
    Hah. Good post My bet is that they use the post-October 2000 Bios. It won't boot ISOs. (unless people convert to DATA/DATA instead of AUDIO/DATA)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sprung
    Hah. Good post My bet is that they use the post-October 2000 Bios. It won't boot ISOs. (unless people convert to DATA/DATA instead of AUDIO/DATA)

well i aint to worried about that cuz i have my old dremacast so there would be no reason to pick up this re released one

Thanks

Lightbulb

What about this Sprung? Do u think a group would spend some time on making one? Sega might release anywhere from hundreds to thousands of Dreamcast. Maybe more...so there would be a market for a chip.

Thanks
    EP Points

What about this Sprung? Do u think a group would spend some time on making one? Sega might release anywhere from hundreds to thousands of Dreamcast. Maybe more...so there would be a market for a chip.
    Yeah, I have that. There were already mod chips specifically designed for Import playing. As far as I know they didn't boot ISOs.

The DC-X I have is an ISO, but it only works on real GD-ROMs, not ISOs. (and I can't re-copy the damned thing either...there's some weird stuff going on with the DC-X).

Thanks

Talking

I don't own a Dreamcast & never had one before
    :the clueless:

edit: I just did a search on very small + star that becomes much brighter then gradually returns to its original brightness & found the entire Saturn Goodset. D*mn now if I can just find the same for Dreamcast, I will be one happy penguin.

Quote Originally Posted by El Drug D3aler
    well i aint to worried about that cuz i have my old dremacast so there would be no reason to pick up this re released one
    Last edited by X-EvansBasher-X; 15th-December-2005 at 06:20.

Thanks
    EP Points

Poking around MN again eh hardcore? Anyway, wtf does SEGA Dreamcast (Universal modified) mean exactly?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Akuma
    Here's a little something for anyone interested in who released what for SEGA Dreamcast, a zip file containing most (if not all) NFOs for the DC release scene from back in the day. I got it not too long ago from a site on AngelFire. Here's the Megaupload link for it:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=VAXEQPV0

awesome thanks

Thanks

D*mn now if I can just find the same for Dreamcast, I will be one happy penguin.
    euroemu is probably the closest to having a complete collection. and by complete do you also mean the jap games cuz then its getting into the jillions.

Thanks

thanks. Alots sprung. Its in torrent. Well thanks.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Metal2Hedgehog
    thanks. Alots sprung. Its in torrent. Well thanks.
    Is that bad?

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Sprung
    Data/Data sucks aswell

Quote Originally Posted by DCemu
    Sega Denies Dreamcast Resurrection

Tue 13 Dec 2005, 8:19 PMby wraggster

News from C&VG

Many thanks to Andrew Steele who has emailed us in a full translation of the Sega Direct webpage in question. The Dreamcast consoles for sale are indeed repaired and refurbished units that have been returned to Sega by customers. "The set that once cost 15,540 yen (including tax), has dropped to 10,000 yen (including tax)! If purchased as a stand alone unit, the price gets even better; 5,540 yen a unit!", Sega declares.
    The company says that the machines function fine, although anyone purchasing one should expect the likes of scratches on the casing. The consoles are only available to Japanese punters, and it's a one-console-per-person deal and they can only be purchased through Sega Direct: ". We ask that you register with Sega Direct in order to purchase the machines. And we must also inform you that the number of units is limited, and so may sell out quickly."

Here's more from Andrew Steele's transcription/email:

Please take the time to read and understand the important points listed below.

What is the DC Resale?

We at Sega, have taken the Dreamcast units returned to us by customers, repaired them and refurbished them to a working state. The new units differ in no way to brand new machines.

Please be aware that, although these units no function as brand new machines, they still bare a little external damage in the form of scratches and other imperfections.

The DC Resale will be conducted through Sega Direct. We ask that you register with Sega Direct in order to purchase the machines. And we must also inform you that the number of units is limited, and so may sell out quickly.

About making a purchase

To Sega Direct customers,

Only those currently residing in Japan are eligible to purchase the machines

Point of importance:

Sales are limited to 1 unit per person.

Resale of the units is prohibited.

The repair and maintenance service for the resold units will expire on 31st March 2007 (The same length of time as the original units)

These machines are NOT compatible with MIL CDs.

About malfunctions:

If the machine malfunctions within 2 weeks of purchase:

Although we have taken great care to ensure that all machines function normally, in the unlikely event of a problem, please contact the Sega Direct Customer Centre within 2 weeks of purchasing the unit and we will endeavour to replace the machine. (Replacement machines are also resale models)

If the machine malfunctions after 2 weeks:

If the machine has been used correctly according to the included instruction manual, and is still within the guarantee period (within a year of the initial purchase), please send it, along with the guarantee form, to the customer service centre. We will repair the unit free of charge.

We cannot replace the machine with a new one.
    ++ UPDATE ENDS ++

Well, there you go. If you've read the rumour previous to this latest news and got a bit excited, sit down and drink grandma's large sherry. It'll make you feel much better. And finally, we can't bugger off without declaring that Sega's Dreamcast was a great console with some equally great games. Sadly, it only ever managed to live in PlayStation's shadow. It deserved better.

So it doesnt look like those bundles are good for Homebrew Dreamcast fans
    Move to Japan and buy one or you can just do what Sprung does look round some 2nd hand stores or grab one from eGay, the Sega Japan ones are 2nd hand anyway
    Last edited by Zorlon; 16th-December-2005 at 16:36.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Sega
    These machines are NOT compatible with MIL CDs.
    No Audio/Data selfboots

It seems Sega isn't completely retarded

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Just buy any old DC 2nd hand (made before Oct 2000 is it for US models) the ones from Sega Japan direct are 2nd hand anyway, just cleaned up a bit and yeah NOT compatible with MIL CDs.

at Sega they should release a DC that devers can program for freely, it's not as if they would release a new machine on the market now they gave that up a while back now, but a Machine that is open to development would go down very well and would also be out of the competition of Sony, MicroSoft and Nintendo although each can and has been deved for none are made open for that

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Can anyone upload any NTSCU Dreamcast game they can......but It must be self-bootalble and with no errors....if you can plz pm me as I dont check this site everyone hour...

Thanks

im out for a while taking some time off so i wont be uploading anything or even talking until i get back. see ya then.