Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: hidden gems: games that nobody but you ever heard of

Enreign Guest

Top Shop for the PSX. Repetetive, godawful in single player, and overly cute for anyone's good. But that won't stop me from whipping it out with a bunch of friends and start playing for hours on end. It's Monopoly in a mall, and terribly, terribly addictive as a party game.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,313 Times in 1,166 Posts
    EP Points

I feel the need to go on a Gameboy rant, cause there's so many GB/GBC games (How many are there now?) most all been nigh forgotten :\

Altered Space: A 3-D Alien Adventure. Ok, this is a spin off of two games most everybody has never heard of, Solstice and Equinox. It's made by the same Sony/Imagesoft crew and does the same 3/4 view, but it's set in a space station. It's hella cool IMO

Gargoyles Quest. Maybe a few people played the NES sequal, but most people have never even seen this. It has a bit less RPG elements than 2, but it's still a great game.

Resident Evil: Gaiden. *coughs* prolly the most ignored RE game (other than RE2 for the Game.com).

Revelations: The Demon Slayer. Yay a MegTen spinoff! Atlus rules at giving us good RPGs, then under producing them and hiding them from the mass market...

Robopon: Sun Version. See discription above. Atlus let this "Pokemon clone" sell so bad that they never bothered releasing Star Version . Although the GBA sequals were popular.

Rolan's Curse. A neat little Zelda clone. It's really old so teh gameplay is nothing special, but it's still fun. It also received a sequal, Rolan's Curse 2.

Survival Kids. Great Zelda clone. Play it! Then curse whoever decided we shouldn't get Survival Kids 2!

Sword of Hope. Kinda a Shadowgate spinoff, but with RPG elements.
    *PSA* Wii Redump collector's can now unscrub ISO files. So scrubbed games can now be verified. You can find the program to do this here

Thanks

Originally posted by SkylaDoragono
    Grandia Xtreme for PS2 was one of those that everyone knew about, but by the time it finally came out, no one was interested anymore. It's really hard to find now, but it's such a good RPG. Another one that's good is Ephermial Phantisa, though the battle graphics could be better.
    i hated ephermeral phantasia.. but one game that i thoroughly enjoyed despite how short it was, was Shadow of Destiny.. if you thought metal gear solid messed with your head, try this other Konami work of art..

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

With ragnar14 talking about those zelda type games it reminded me of one of the Sega Master system games that I loved by the name of Golden Axe Warrior, it might as well of been called The Legend of Zelda: Links search for the Golden Axe.
    Last edited by Zorlon; 19th-January-2004 at 13:47.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

Originally posted by Slesai
    I really like a game called 'Shin Megami Tensei' or 'Digital Devil Story' in English for the SNES...
    The gameplay itself isn't all that unique but the story is very much one of a kind.
    Very 'dark and creepy' about your soul and demons.
    I delete alot of roms after playing them but that one I still have it with the English translation and I'm glad I kept it since I've never seen it since, though it may be out there somewhere, I never really looked since I have it already.

Edit to add: I just looked here at EP and it's not here so if anyone has an FTP and wants to put it up for others PM me and I'll send it to you (however you wanted to go about getting it from me)
    I love Shin Megami Tensei actually Great fun. I also really enjoyed the Persona games, which are a spinoff series and so forth.

crusher is offline ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A START
    Thanks
    EP Points

Originally posted by desi the thief
    i hated ephermeral phantasia.. but one game that i thoroughly enjoyed despite how short it was, was Shadow of Destiny.. if you thought metal gear solid messed with your head, try this other Konami work of art..
    Ah Shadow of Destiny, or Shadow of Memories as it is called here in EU, is indeed a great game. Very cool.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Default Translated Gems

Translated Gems I know of and have posted info for at EP in the past so you may or may not know what I'm talking about.

The games are for the NEC PC98 and they are called Farland Story 1 to 6 and all translated to english, there is a 7th but as of yet is not in english

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

Default Re: Translated Gems

Originally posted by Zorlon
    Translated Gems I know of and have posted info for at EP in the past so you may or may not know what I'm talking about.

The games are for the NEC PC98 and they are called Farland Story 1 to 6 and all translated to english, there is a 7th but as of yet is not in english
    *grins* Thanks again for those, Zorlon, I had a lot of fun with them

Thanks

SOS, for the SNES. You have to escape from a sinking ship, while rescuing other people, Posiedon Adventure style. Heh.
    "Traveler"
    Case: Bitfenix Prodigy
    CPU: Devil's Canyon i5 @ 4.0GHz
    RAM: 2x8GB G.Skill Sniper @ 2400MHz
    GPU: EVGA GTX 660ti
    Mobo: ASRock Z97E-ITX
    Drive: Trend Micro 128GB SSD

jack100 Guest

you all probably heard of these games, but to my experience, not everyone does.

Legend of Legaia: for me this game was SOOOO GOOD and AWESOME. Out of all the RPGer's I know around here, only one person knows about this game, and he's the one that told me about it, lol

Grandia (all series, but maybe not extreme): This is one of the best RPG series if you ask me, though I haven't yet played extreme. Out of all the RPGer's I know around here, only two of them have heard of it, and he's only played Grandia 2, and of course the other one introduced the game to me, lol. But it seems that they know about Extreme, but never heard of 1 and 2

Thanks

i have over 1000 commodore 64 gamesmost of which no ones ever herd of. lol i havent even played half of them
    i got an adaptoid!

Thanks
    EP Points

Originally posted by jack100
    you all probably heard of these games, but to my experience, not everyone does.

Legend of Legaia: for me this game was SOOOO GOOD and AWESOME. Out of all the RPGer's I know around here, only one person knows about this game, and he's the one that told me about it, lol

Grandia (all series, but maybe not extreme): This is one of the best RPG series if you ask me, though I haven't yet played extreme. Out of all the RPGer's I know around here, only two of them have heard of it, and he's only played Grandia 2, and of course the other one introduced the game to me, lol. But it seems that they know about Extreme, but never heard of 1 and 2
    I've heard of both of them Legaia was decent-ish, but Grandia is among my favourite games ever... The second one is a good sequel, but the first is by far the best one

Thanks

i own grandia but i thought everyone knew about them.. another game that doesn't get as recognized as i thought it would is the wild arms series.. epecially part 2.. but i would bet everyone here has heard of it..

Thanks

There is this small PC game: Blobby Volley. It's not that good, but if u have a friend to play against...

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Dracula X for the NEC PC-Engine, not to be confused with the SNES version of the game.

Jap only but the game was very well done, and well you don't realy need to know Jap to play it

A Small about the game
    You can choose the route you take in the game and have a 2nd objective to resque 4 females in the game including Maria from Castlevania Symphony of the Night (As a lil girl though) who is also playable once you resque her (You start out with using Richtor), there is even a battle guide in the game like in Symphony of the Night.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]