Thread: a litte help with MDF to ISO please?

Thanks

Default a litte help with MDF to ISO please?

hello im a new member on the site but ive been emulating for years now. im having some trouble with a few tittles that come out to a .MDF file instead of a .bin,img ect. i did get a tool to convert from MDF to ISO but sadly the files still done run in my EpsxE 1.9.0 (dont run as in always black screen no sound ect.) perhaps maybe i got a junk tool cause i did find it via google (google is not always your friend) the tittles in question are Xenogears (both disks) and ODT (or die trying) those are the only 2 ive been wanting that i have encountered thus far that come out as MDF (im sure there are more) i just need some help getting them properly converted. thanks in advanced

Thanks
    EP Points

IIRC epsxe should run mdf files. Have you tried simply loading them before trying to convert??? You may have to select file type as *.* (all) and select the file that way. Been a long time but as I said it should run them.

Thanks

yes i have tried that and for some reason it refuses to run the MDF files. i have re downloaded the epsxe 1.9.0 about a million times to no avail

Thanks
    EP Points

Did it come with an mds file as well?? You could try running from that. Think it's the equivalent of a cue file for a .bin. Sorry, like I said it's been a long time. May have to wait for Zorlon or someone else possibly to respond.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Zaladane For This Useful Post:

Thanks

i'll try that but i'll have to re-download xenogears for it. fingers crossed and we'll see what happens. thanks

Shooting Sonic Booms and Flash Kicking Scrubs into submission
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,774 Times in 750 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea Sanada View Post
    i'll try that but i'll have to re-download xenogears for it. fingers crossed and we'll see what happens. thanks
    Buddy,

http://www.epforums.org/showthread.p...U-%28Redump%29

No fuss there, Bin/Cues , perfecto dumps.

Anything else I may be able to help, nothing epsxe though, I only use Mednafen PSX in Retroarch for PSX emulation.
    THE BEST METHOD to run PSX games (and everything else for that matter) is via Retroarch - http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/
    If you have any questions on how to set it up on Windows please feel free to ask, its very easy.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Warrior For This Useful Post:

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

For future reference just use ISObuster to convert

The reason that most other converting software will not work for PSX disc images is due to the XA header used by PSX Movie and Sound files, most common are *.xa files and *.str files and container files holding multi XA's or STR's sometimes xa and str files don't use the correct file ext but the format of them is the same, a bit like renaming a txt file to have another file ext the format does not change just because of the file name

Most disc image converting software does not support the special header but isobuster does, the header is part of the files though but is linked to the xa/str files and containers after the disc layout is created and most converting software can't re-create that

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Zorlon For This Useful Post:

Thanks

awesome! hanks so much.

all i need now is to find that and i'll be golden
    Last edited by Jackhammer; 18th-August-2015 at 22:46. Reason: Double post

Shooting Sonic Booms and Flash Kicking Scrubs into submission
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,774 Times in 750 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Download Links:
    Links are hidden from guests. Please register to be able to view these links. There ya go.
    THE BEST METHOD to run PSX games (and everything else for that matter) is via Retroarch - http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/
    If you have any questions on how to set it up on Windows please feel free to ask, its very easy.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

lol the guide has it linked anyway

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR