Thread: ps2 isos wont load

Thanks

Default ps2 isos wont load

i intalled fmcb on 16mb mcard using 007 AUF the card has ESR 9b and i also have swap magic on it and other stuff. i downloaded ps2 isos from this site. s hill shat mem, veitcong purp haze ,conflict veit and a couple others but i was on another computer (has faster internet) save the files to disk upload to the other that has img burn,esr patcher. used 7 zip to extract iso then patched with esr then used img burn (4x slowest it goes) to write to disk put game in and esr says unknown media found hit launch then it blacksout and tried swap magic did not work either. using sony dvd-r 4.7gb. system is a SCPH-30001R phat

thank you for your time

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Swap Magic is pointless from a memcard you need the original discs for it to have any real use

You just need ESR

If you have everything set up correctly you can go to the it that has memcards shown on the PS2 and simply select the disc

Or you can edit the fmcb to auto start esr

I strongly recommend looking at http://www.videohelp.com/dvdmedia to see if your media is any good or just junk

burning speed should always be set to the slowest your hardware can burn at or just set 1x for the speed, it will auto set it higher if the slowest speed is faster anyway.

You want the highest quality media you can get

Sony do some really poor quality media (Sony DVD-R's with media code SONY08D1.... are the good quality DVD-R's from Sony to find out the code see http://www.videohelp.com/dvdmediafor...info=1#dvdinfo for more info)
    Last edited by Zorlon; 4th-April-2015 at 04:19.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

i will have to try different disk installed the set up that you wrote the guide for http://www.epforums.org/showthread.php?80570 used the NTSC-U files link but when i when to go to ulaunch it just launched the ESR is it fine just to run it like that

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

ulaunch to run ESR, new one on me

just play the disc as if it is an original it will auto start via ESR (or select the disc from the PS2 browser [The place that shows what memcards and discs you have inserted])

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Thanks for help gotta wait till i get different disk now going with verbatim model 95101 seem to be good to alot people.the ones i had were sony RITEKF1

Thanks again sorry for taking your time up

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I use +R's but I know your PS2 can't read them

In general +R's are higher quality

I don't know this for certain and is only worth trying if you happen to have some +R's to hand

I think the older versions PS2's that can't read DVD+R's normally can if you first change the book type from DVD+R/RW to DVD-ROM in ImgBurn then the older versions of the PS2 can read them

I only don't know this for certain because I don't have an older PS2 to test those with, otherwise there have been comments to that effect made over the internet with positive end results, then again you can't always trust what you read online the fakery online is silly but as everything is done my us humans there are bound to be some idiots online.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

i had some phlilps dvd+r used for 007 elf swap they worked but did not sound to good. i tried to switch the imgburn like you said when i had +R but i dont know my driver so i will have to wait till other disk come in. As the idiots online goes i know what you mean i have a relative that would rather lie and make up stuff then tell the truth. hope its ok to go off topic but i tried the ps2snes9x alpha3 does not seem to want to load and the other snes emmu seems to have a glitch some games (Beavis and Butthead) you get hit once you die tried setting diffulty level no go. plus i was wondering if you had a rip kit for the guy game put on 2 dvd5s
    Thanks for the info and happy Easter if your into it
    Last edited by Fishin9; 5th-April-2015 at 20:18.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

try ps2snes9x from USB instead

I use my xbox for that sort of thing myself

I may have a rip kit or a guide atleast, though never tested it, so no idea if it actually works or not, would need to check and see if I actually have that still.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]