Thread: (PS2) Dark Cloud - The Quest For Immortality

Threaded View

Thanks
    EP Points

Well one of the problems is - there are two different versions of Dark Cloud 1 out and with the cheats I've come across, some of them work for the 1st and not the 2nd, and some the reverse, =AND= some posted cheats work only on the 1st version or vice-versa and the other cheats on the same page for the opposite version - rending many cheats unusable and causing PCSX2 to crash later.

I believe Dark Cloud is the pilot game for PS2 so I'm a bit surprised someone didn't sit down to REALLY and truly confirm the cheat on hits they made were infinite with all the variations of cheats, cheat discs, cheat codes, and .pnach's out there.

Even the commercial Code Breaker I bought for the actual PS2 system didn't give infinite hits for Dark Cloud as it promised it would.

As for converting to .PNACH. I couldn't even convert Action Replay to a correct .PNACH (by reading the system console), so I'm lucky just to have this hex hack I found. If someone wants to tackle this problem and make a truly working .PNACH so all characters have real infinite hits and not just visually appear so, I wish you the best as no-one has done so yet !

As for my interest in the game. I've been playing it for years, mostly at my friend's house. He said it was pretty boring himself too of course now he has a PS3 and an eye on PS4. Minju, before this I was only playing SNES games with ZSNES for many years, then a bit of VisualBoy, and finally Final Fantasy 7 with EPSXE and now it's on my PSP to enjoy.

So to see a game like Dark Cloud with such rich graphics and music attainable on my new PC was quite a treat - and to finally confirm NO-ONE has actually made a working infinite hit point cheat for it yet - that really is disheartening.

Thanks for your input though, Zorlon !

Last edited by dw817; 6th-April-2015 at 22:18.