Thread: [PSP] CWCheat not noticing cheatpops.db

Thanks

Default [PSP] CWCheat not noticing cheatpops.db

I would post on a psp hacking site but they all died with release of PS Vita.

I'm trying to run use CWCheat in POPS. I have the .prx for pops and I assume the .db for pops. CWCheats works when I hold select to go into the menu but when I choose "Select Cheats" nothing shows up. No codes show up I mean. Doesn't matter what game.

Any ideas?

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Instead of assuming what files do you have in the :\\seplugins\cwcheat\ folder

Also what version of PSP are you using and what custom firmware is it running?

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zorlon View Post
    Instead of assuming what files do you have in the :\\seplugins\cwcheat\ folder

Also what version of PSP are you using and what custom firmware is it running?
    I don't think you finished what you were trying to say there.
    I'm using an 05g (PSPgo) and 6.20 PRO-B9 CFW (Perma-patched).

EDIT: Oh you just wanted to know my folder structure. Sorry.

ef0
    =SEPLUGINS
    ==cwcheat
    ===mc folder thats currently empty
    ===cheatpops.db
    ===cwcheatpops.prx
    Last edited by korisblue; 30th-January-2015 at 03:51.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

The files look alright though you may have a blank cheatpops.db, though it does seem to be missing cheat.db and the plugin cwcheat.prx

Go for Pro C with Fix 3 applied

Not sure for the Go (did not think it could be perm hacked, but not realy been that interested to check my PSP is a 2k version perm hacked) anyway you may also want to try using the alt cheat system TempAR though can't claim of used it myself but some find this works better for them, with cwcheat bugging out on them

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zorlon View Post
    The files look alright though you may have a blank cheatpops.db, though it does seem to be missing cheat.db and the plugin cwcheat.prx

Go for Pro C with Fix 3 applied

Not sure for the Go (did not think it could be perm hacked, but not realy been that interested to check my PSP is a 2k version perm hacked) anyway you may also want to try using the alt cheat system TempAR though can't claim of used it myself but some find this works better for them, with cwcheat bugging out on them
    "cheatpops.db" is not blank. I opened it in wordpad.
    "cheat.db" is for PSP games. It's not needed.
    "cwcheat.prx" is also only for PSP games.
    I just put TempAR 1.63 on my PSP but the database format is different. I have no idea where to begin converting this.

And yes, PSPgo can only be perma-patched in 6.20 firmware so far. I tried Pro C when it came out. It focuses on online play at the cost of ruining some of the old features and PRO Team has all but given up on PSP these days. Almost everyone has. I posted on wololo.net and got no reply. Pspslimhacks.com gives me an error every time I tried to register and they're probably the last site I know thats up to date. Dashhacks forums are being spammed to death.
    Last edited by korisblue; 30th-January-2015 at 21:39.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I would still not of removed both the PSP cheat database and the prx file (Yes I knew they are used for PSP mode software and not PSX games though), the prx files may be linked in some way, as in one uses part of the other, though I don't know this for sure, just finding it odd that the database is not showing any cheats for any of the games when it works fine for me.

Can't help with TempAR never used it but from I read it uses the same database format so no converting required, it's just the file name that needs to be something it can read (named to something that TempAR looks for)

Not read enough on TempAR though it may not even work with PSX games

I would guess that most people have just moved on to the next console

Hand Held's tend not to get that much life unless it's a Nintendo handheld that seem to be very popular, I still love some of the great GBA and DS games myself, find they are just more enjoyable to our PSP's, that is not to say the PSP is junk either it's more that Nintendo get a lot of just pure fun games, alot more choice of games ect... just so much more than the PSP, despite the PSP being a great hand held device

I do still use my PSP from time to time even if I have a Vita & 3DS XL, but I am kinda like that I have a small collection of older consoles that just about all of them get a little play on from time to time
    Last edited by Zorlon; 30th-January-2015 at 22:15.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

I figured it out. Pretty idiotic actually. I originally added the Monster Rancher 2 cheats to cheatpops.db and decided I'd rather have it alone in its own database so I copied and pasted it into a new one. When I was highlighting it, I missed the Sony ID (SLUS_00917). I noticed when I tried to open it in CWcheat Database Editor that it didn't even show up. Then I opened it in wordpad and *facepalm*. Sorry to waste your time, Zorlon. Thanks again by the way for teaching me how uCON64 works

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Never mind call it a learning curve

Even I do dumb stuff then wonder why things stop working lol

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]