Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Free McBoot 1.8b on PS2.

Thanks

The region of the one I got was NTSC-U.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pentaynt View Post
    The region of the one I got was NTSC-U.
    Well I hate to say it but you have to path it. I had both the Dino Crisis games on psx and was mildly infuriated when I had to patch it when my ps1 went out. Damed emulators couldn't let a guy be lazy and just put the disk in his computer.
    Last edited by Gamewizard420; 21st-January-2015 at 10:37.

Thanks

Can I annoy you guys with some more questions one more time? Last one I promise!

So I downloaded this:

-----

.001 file which I opened with 7-Zip and extracted the .mdf and .mds files and burnt the .mds to CD-R. But the game didn't load.

Where did I go wrong and is there another way of doing this? or is this format simply not compatible with psxlauncher. elf?
    Last edited by Cookie Monster; 23rd-January-2015 at 02:13. Reason: live link removed

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

the format is fine but the game may not be

if it is still Dino Crisis you are talking about, as stated before it has copy protection in it that requires patching for it to work

Dino Crisis [NTSC English].zip grab that file

Instead of extracting that directly just open it with 7-zip then rename SLUS_009.22 to Dino.ppf, that is the patch file now extract that

Now you need the disc image in a format that can be patched, the easy way is to use isobuster (free use only is enough so you do not need to buy the software)

Open the *.mds file with ISObuster, right click the CD icon on the left pane and use Extract CD <Image> - RAW (*.bin, *.iso) to create a bin+cue image (make sure you select *.bin when giving the new file a name)

Then you can use PPF-O-Matic to patch the new *.bin file with dino.ppf file once done you burn the disc image via the cue file

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

I'm curious do games with multiple disks work with Free Mcboot? I'd imagine there being a problem when it's time to switch.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by pentaynt View Post
    I'm curious do games with multiple disks work with Free Mcboot? I'd imagine there being a problem when it's time to switch.
    Correct but only with a few games

Games like Final Fantasy VII and up do not have any issues due to an end of disc save that can be loaded directly from the next disc (i.e. create the end of disc say while on CD1. power off then boot up CD2 and load the save created from CD1 to continue play), however games like Metal Gear Solid require the disc to be exchanged while in play as no end of disc save is ever created and cause problems with any swap trick including PSX Launcher.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Zorlon For This Useful Post:

Thanks

That's the best tutorial :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZyYZKAMsVY