Thread: Help extracting rar files.

Thanks

Default Help extracting rar files.

Okay >.<

So i went and downloaded Amnesia (Japanese Otome Game)

and i use winrar so after i downloaded it i extracted the file and it showed me this: Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.png 
Views:	1593 
Size:	70.3 KB 
ID:	42215

I tried dragging one in the emulator and it didnt work? I also clicked on them all but it came up with a bunch of weird symbols

I am pretty new at this so please don't laugh or anything >.<

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

Multiple posting in a row isn't allowed, don't do it again, please. When asking for help, be patient and wait for someone to help you or use the search feature yourself, this is a common problem the one you are facing.

What you have there are original compressed files. You have to extract them to get the image file to run in your emulator/PSP console. Use 7zip or Winrar to extract.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie Monster View Post
    Multiple posting in a row isn't allowed, don't do it again, please. When asking for help, be patient and wait for someone to help you or use the search feature yourself, this is a common problem the one you are facing.

What you have there are original compressed files. You have to extract them to get the image file to run in your emulator/PSP console. Use 7zip or Winrar to extract.

sorry i didn't know >.< and i didnt know what like what this problem is called to search it up ;-; i'm hopeless

sorry to ask for more help but i did as you said and clicked on one and it lead me to an iso file disk thingy so i dragged it into the pssp emulator and it says its need route 2 so i dragged route 2 in but it wont work still heres what it says

Click image for larger version. 

Views:	132 
Size:	58.4 KB 
ID:	42216Click image for larger version. 

ID:	42216Click image for larger version. 

ID:	42216

Thanks
    EP Points

It looks like you didn't download the whole thing. It seems to be a split archive so make sure you grab all the parts and it will automatically extract the whole thing. Make sure all the parts are in the same folder and use 7zip.

Can you link to the download so we can have a look also?
    Last edited by Zaladane; 27th-August-2014 at 17:13.

Thanks

yes sure

are you sure its split though since it has all the parts in it that was the only folder in it...

here is the download http://www.emuparadise.me/Sony_Plays...(Japan)/158661

Thanks
    EP Points

Looking closer at the first screen shot you need to extract here in the sub menu of 7zip on the .00 part and it should automatically combine the whole thing - Don't use winrar use 7zip and once it's installed you can simply right click and hover the mouse over 7zip and the next context menu will open and click on extract here.

Thanks
    EP Points

If you are still having problems, I usually (after the first extraction with winrar, which has worked fine for me) select all the files together ,except the system info file and the .sfv file, and extract again. This should give you one large iso file which is your game for PSP ISO folder. check in (right-click) preferences that it is not read-only (so you can later delete directly from psp without corrupting data and having to reformat memory stick).

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zaladane View Post
    Looking closer at the first screen shot you need to extract here in the sub menu of 7zip on the .00 part and it should automatically combine the whole thing - Don't use winrar use 7zip and once it's installed you can simply right click and hover the mouse over 7zip and the next context menu will open and click on extract here.

so

>.< i did as you said and this happened Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	67.6 KB 
ID:	42219

it turns out there was another file randomly in there (it never showed up in winrar though?) i was looking at the iso file and i dont know what i'm supposed to do with it now i tried dragging it in but that doesnt work either

Views:	102 
Size:	66.2 KB 
ID:	42220

i'll try to take as much screen shots as possible if that helps...
    Last edited by reannachan; 28th-August-2014 at 07:27.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by reannachan View Post
    so
    Corrupt download

Try again using a download manager such as www.freedownloadmanager.org that I use myself when downloading from the main site

Best to extract with 7-zip, extract the main archive first to it's own folder then extract via pa-amnesia.rar only via 7-zip
    Last edited by Zorlon; 28th-August-2014 at 07:59.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

Okay, so from what I gather you've managed to get the first, big .rar file extracted, and that gave you a new folder with all the .r00, .r01 etc files right? In that new folder, go through those files and see if you can find another one with just .rar at the end, like the first one, and extract that, not the .r00 file.
    "I think that the problem with this video is it is highly derivative of many popular bands within the genre. Although when viewed on its own merits, it does have a deeper groove. However what it has in groove, it lacks in originality. One can't help but be reminded of such bands as Pearl Jam, White Zombie, Suicidal Tendencies and other bands that bear the mantle of so called "Alternative Rock". One is even reminded of Lorie Anderson when she wore curlers. Hehehmhm! This video speaks less to the heart and more to the sphincter. In closing, I think Korn would do well to learn more from -"

Thanks

okay i extracted the pa-amnesia rar with 7zip then this happened

Name:	2.png 
Views:	91 
Size:	12.9 KB 
ID:	42221

then i got this but when i drag it into the emulator it doesnt work? >.<

Name:	4.PNG 
Views:	91 
Size:	3.4 KB 
ID:	42222

Name:	5.PNG 
Views:	114 
Size:	54.0 KB 
ID:	42223

i think i extracted to much o.o

Views:	110 
Size:	43.2 KB 
ID:	42224

i extracted that and got alot of routes Click image for larger version. 

ID:	42223Click image for larger version. 

ID:	42223

I'm at the point to were i might just give up i think i am not cut out for this.