Thread: dividing single bin to bin and ape(or many bin file)

Thanks

Default dividing single bin to bin and ape(or many bin file)

Changing multitrack bin to single bin is easy. But single bin to multitrack bin?
    I want to change ps1 ape bgm to my favorite pop music. Is it possible?
    Examply. There was a single bin it has 430 Megabite large size.
    I want to change it to 10mb size bin and many ape file.
    Please teach me. Professional.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

If you want to follow what redump do to create bin+ape then look at the www.redump.org site they have dumping guides for CD games, there method use BIN+WAV/BIN dumping then compress via ecm and ape

To do there method from a disc image just mount that to a Virtual CD drive like Daemon Tools

alternatively you can still mount it but use Turborip that was made more for ripping PC Engine CD's, but will work with anything

Turborip is fast I just don't like the naming convention, but if you are converting back to a single Bin+Cue it really does not matter

I have never bothered or had a want to do this so never tried but I have seen games with replaced CDDA (Compact Disc Digital Audio)

Just google Turborip you should be able to get that from the top few links

Turbo rip outputs wav's Plus an iso file and cue, think it also creates a toc file, but that might only be created for PC-Engine CD's, I don't remember

iso files are Binary images (the same as bin images) but they can not store CDDA tracks inside them but if you have read my ecm + ape guide, the converting process to a single bin+cue is the same

There is also another tool I am using at the moment but it's a command prompt type tool so it might seem a bit awkward to use, by default it creates cso+mp3's+cue images via dragging and dropping a cue file on it but you can use it to create iso+wav+cue via the command prompt using build in options

With this one you do not need to mount a CD image first as long as the CD image has a cue sheet you can use this

You can either just create a small bat file with the commands in or use the command prompt, make sure the program and supporting files are in the same folder as the original CD image before running it

In the code has the bin_to_cso_mp3 options and an example of what to type in it to get a iso+wav's+cue, it will create a folder named the same as the input cue with the files stored inside of it

Download Links:
    Links are hidden from guests. Please register to be able to view these links.
    bin to cso mp3 can be found at http://www.epforums.org/showthread.php?90410

EDIT:- Just thought of a really very easy way for you

Jump to my ECM+APE guide grab the cue's and sbi's open that make sure there is a cue file for your game in there, if not grab one from the redump.org site, you can find the cue file if you look up the exact game you are wanting to do this with once you have the info for that game on screen there should be some links up top for varies files including one for the cue

Open that cue file with notepad (keep it open for now) first change bin" BINARY to wav" WAVE
    Find & replace from bin" BINARY to wav" WAVE replace all
    Re edit the first line and change wav" WAVE back to bin" BINARY for the first line only
    Still keeping the cue file open take note of the first Binary file name
    then open bin+cue image with ISO buster extract the data track only as a *.bin giving it the same name used in the cue file that you have open
    rename all replacing wav files you want to add to this game given them the same names used in the cue file you have open in notepad
    Last edited by Zorlon; 24th-February-2014 at 11:41.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zorlon View Post
    If you want to follow what redump do to create bin+ape then look at the www.redump.org site they have dumping guides for CD games, there method use BIN+WAV/BIN dumping then compress via ecm and ape

To do there method from a disc image just mount that to a Virtual CD drive like Daemon Tools

alternatively you can still mount it but use Turborip that was made more for ripping PC Engine CD's, but will work with anything

Turborip is fast I just don't like the naming convention, but if you are converting back to a single Bin+Cue it really does not matter

I have never bothered or had a want to do this so never tried but I have seen games with replaced CDDA (Compact Disc Digital Audio)

Just google Turborip you should be able to get that from the top few links

Turbo rip outputs wav's Plus an iso file and cue, think it also creates a toc file, but that might only be created for PC-Engine CD's, I don't remember

iso files are Binary images (the same as bin images) but they can not store CDDA tracks inside them but if you have read my ecm + ape guide, the converting process to a single bin+cue is the same

There is also another tool I am using at the moment but it's a command prompt type tool so it might seem a bit awkward to use, by default it creates cso+mp3's+cue images via dragging and dropping a cue file on it but you can use it to create iso+wav+cue via the command prompt using build in options

With this one you do not need to mount a CD image first as long as the CD image has a cue sheet you can use this

You can either just create a small bat file with the commands in or use the command prompt, make sure the program and supporting files are in the same folder as the original CD image before running it

In the code has the bin_to_cso_mp3 options and an example of what to type in it to get a iso+wav's+cue, it will create a folder named the same as the input cue with the files stored inside of it

Download Links:
    Links are hidden from guests. Please register to be able to view these links.
    bin to cso mp3 can be found at http://www.epforums.org/showthread.php?90410

EDIT:- Just thought of a really very easy way for you

Jump to my ECM+APE guide grab the cue's and sbi's open that make sure there is a cue file for your game in there, if not grab one from the redump.org site, you can find the cue file if you look up the exact game you are wanting to do this with once you have the info for that game on screen there should be some links up top for varies files including one for the cue

Open that cue file with notepad (keep it open for now) first change bin" BINARY to wav" WAVE
    Find & replace from bin" BINARY to wav" WAVE replace all
    Re edit the first line and change wav" WAVE back to bin" BINARY for the first line only
    Still keeping the cue file open take note of the first Binary file name
    then open bin+cue image with ISO buster extract the data track only as a *.bin giving it the same name used in the cue file that you have open
    rename all replacing wav files you want to add to this game given them the same names used in the cue file you have open in notepad
    Thanks a lot! I will do at redump's guide

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

You might change your mind when you see the over the top way they do it

But check that out for yourself first

The data track is easy to do, been doing it that way for years myself long before there was a redump.org

the CDDA methods they use are not so easy

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Shooting Sonic Booms and Flash Kicking Scrubs into submission
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,774 Times in 750 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

if you want to use Turborip you will need the beta for current windows.
    THE BEST METHOD to run PSX games (and everything else for that matter) is via Retroarch - http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/
    If you have any questions on how to set it up on Windows please feel free to ask, its very easy.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Warrior For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Thanks a lot for Turborip

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Have managed with this so far?

It's not as easy as you thought is it

There is one thing I forgot

But for this to work correctly you also need to create a new cue sheet as the LBA for the tracks has changed

This will not work with all games as some use LBA pos to locate parts of CDDA track as the whole track has more than a single song in it or may have other sounds in there as well as music

The easiest method is with SegaCueMaker that I normally would not recommend but as you are using custom CDDA tracks anyway it should be fine (I normally do not because it can cause CDDA to go out of sync as sometimes it is not just music that is stored as CDDA but it has been known to store voices and SFX also)

I will attach that for you, it should be self explanatory to use but if you need help just ask
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Zorlon; 26th-February-2014 at 15:41.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]