Page 269 of 410 FirstFirst ... 169219259264265266267268269270271272273274279319369 ... LastLast
Results 4,021 to 4,035 of 6148

Thread: What are you playing right now #2

Thanks
    EP Points

I'm regretting not playing Wild Arms 2 in Japanese. The localization, or rather lack thereof, is really starting to get to me. Most of it seems fine; average caliber, but when they start churning out ridiculously awkward conversations with nigh nonsensical responses, and a penchant for generally poor vocabulary choices in translation, it turns my stomach.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Ikusagami For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Final Fight Streetwise. I didn't know what to expect since all I see for this game is hate for its story and atmosphere, I can safely say that the gameplay is really enjoyable, knocking down goons is a blast. However so far the game seems a tad painful in progression and it feels like they try to do a lot of things to pad the game out longer than it needs to be. I hope the game doesn't fall off late as I'm enjoying it so far. Also yeah the story is garbage.

Thanks

Need for speed most wanted.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Started playing Gravity Rush (Vita) earlier today. Interesting game so far. Not entirely sure what to think of it at the moment.

Thanks
    EP Points

I'm playing Gears of War. In 600 x450.
    My PC's a single core with integrated graphics, so I just use the microwave for games. Looks like PS2, so no complaints.

The game's sheer machoness is drastically increasing the size of my testicles, however. Every time I kill something I want to crush a beer can on my skull. By the time I see the credits I'll be wearing a wife beater and talking about transmissions.
    *man grunt*

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Ikusagami View Post
    My PC's a single core with integrated graphics, so I just use the microwave for games. Looks like PS2, so no complaints.

The game's sheer machoness is drastically increasing the size of my testicles, however. Every time I kill something I want to crush a beer can on my skull. By the time I see the credits I'll be wearing a wife beater and talking about transmissions.
    *man grunt*

I remember trying to run it on one of my junkers, think it was a P4 with 512MB RAM and my ancient Radeon x1050, it ran on the lowest settings at around 640x480, very PS2-ish as you described. The blood looks better this way though, from what I recall. Looks very cel shaded.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Maybe I can run it.

Thanks
    EP Points

That's not even the lowest resolution, so I think pretty much anybody could run it.
    It looks better than Last Remnant did too. I had to play that in a tiny window zoomed in with the magnifier application. It was practically on par with a PS1 game. --the things one will stoop to out of desperation!
    I was fine with the graphics until seeing some HD Youtube vids. Then I felt like a complete tool.

I've been on the fence about playting The Witcher for two years now, becaue I CAN play it, but it looks so good in higher resolutions (with heavy lag) that I'd rather wait 'til I have a decent PC. (watching a character's breasts jiggle and sway in 1360x768 and then sit there like cardboard in 800x600 was really discouraging)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

That's not even the lowest resolution, so I think pretty much anybody could run it.
    It looks better than Last Remnant did too. I had to play that in a tiny window zoomed in with the magnifier application. It was practically on par with a PS1 game. --the things one will stoop to out of desperation!
    I was fine with the graphics until seeing some HD Youtube vids. Then I felt like a complete tool.

I've been on the fence about playting The Witcher for two years now, becaue I CAN play it, but it looks so good in higher resolutions (with heavy lag) that I'd rather wait 'til I have a decent PC. (watching a character's breasts jiggle and sway in 1360x768 and then sit there like cardboard in 800x600 was really discouraging)
    I would recommend waiting for a better PC and playing 2.

The first one is decent, and if you're willing to mod it, it can be a great game. What with combat changes and a stuff.

The 2nd one, IMO, just blew the first out of the water.

This is coming from a PC gamer who played it on a console, so, yeah.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrm View Post
    I would recommend waiting for a better PC and playing 2.

The first one is decent, and if you're willing to mod it, it can be a great game. What with combat changes and a stuff.

The 2nd one, IMO, just blew the first out of the water.

This is coming from a PC gamer who played it on a console, so, yeah.
    I have 2, and I 'm more eager to play it than the original, but I'll probably be playing that on a 360 whenever I get around to buying one. I'd play them sequentially either way, but when I do upgrade my PC it'll just be to something like my last roommate had
    http://www.amazon.com/CybertronPC-GM...504815-4091567
    and he couldn't even run Witcher 2 decently.

That would be a while anyway, because every friggin' time my impoverished ass saves enough for a new PC, I wind up buying something else instead. Damn priorities.

Thanks
    EP Points

It was practically on par with a PS1 game. --the things one will stoop to out of desperation!
    I am familiar with this, I used to play Witcher 2 on 1280x720 just to be able to run it decently on my old 8800GT. After my upgrade I could crank it up to 1920x1080 and nearly jizzed in my pants.

With that said, I think the Witcher 1 is very much worth playing. Combat-wise it's bleh, but it has a longer campaign, more varied and interesting locations, and overall a better storyline with a cool twist at the end. 2 is still a fantastic game but I wouldn't dismiss the first one.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Gare View Post
    I am familiar with this, I used to play Witcher 2 on 1280x720 just to be able to run it decently on my old 8800GT. After my upgrade I could crank it up to 1920x1080 and nearly jizzed in my pants.
    Tch. Stop bragging, ya bastard!
    I'd be happy to play post 2007 games in 1024x768 in 4:3 boxes without lag. Damn kids these days with your loud music and your high resolutions!

Thanks
    EP Points

Tch. Stop bragging, ya bastard!
    I'd be happy to play post 2007 games in 1024x768 in 4:3 boxes without lag. Damn kids these days with your loud music and your high resolutions!
    You get a better machine, you'll see. Once you taste 1080p THERE'S NO GOING BACK.

To be fair I only got a fancy monitor because the old CRT was seriously ruining my eyes + the constant headaches weren't very fun, either.

Thanks
    EP Points

Currently playing Bioshock: Infinite, getting close to beating it.

Thanks
    EP Points

Kid Chameleon for Sega Genesis (using an emulator) Sure is a long game, considering there was no save system, not even a password system in it. It has over 100 levels with multiple paths. Thankfully, emulators allow for save states. It takes several hours to beat normally. One of the most non-linear 2D platformers of it's era. Easily in my Genesis top 10.