Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

Thread: Xbox One discussion

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnar View Post
    For sure. Even after their 180 the One is getting hammered on polls like:
    http://www.xboxonevspsfour.com/

You can see stats for the last 24 hours and such there, and three quarters of the interest is still for the PS4. Also, since the 180 the stats for my specific local have actually gotten worse, with the Xbox currently sitting at 9.6%
    Yeah, no matter what they do Microsoft lost this battle.

"Most people don't believe something can happen until it already has,
    that's not stupidity or weakness, that's just human nature"

Thanks
    EP Points

what they need is an exclusive deal with rockstar to have the next gta come out only for xbox1 (after gta5) but i bet people wouldnt buy it still

Thanks
    Thanked 13,312 Times in 1,166 Posts
    EP Points

Rockstar isn't stupid, making a GTA exclusive would be throwing away millions of sales. The only way that stuff happens is with fake timed exclusives. Those are super lame, and subsequent ports are almost always better.
    *PSA* Wii Redump collector's can now unscrub ISO files. So scrubbed games can now be verified. You can find the program to do this here

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnar View Post
    Rockstar isn't stupid, making a GTA exclusive would be throwing away millions of sales. The only way that stuff happens is with fake timed exclusives. Those are super lame, and subsequent ports are almost always better.
    yeah thats true. i just wish that rs would have mods as actual downloads on consoles (the cool ones like realistic cars and the zombie ones). of course that will never happen but i can dream.

Thanks
    EP Points

http://news.xbox.com/2013/06/update

well, thats some improvement at least but i doubt its enough to save the xbox one. oh and apparently we are now free to continue trading/reselling/renting games, yay.

Thanks
    EP Points

yeah what they did was patch it which is why you need to connect it the first tme. the problem with that is they can always remove it and you are suddenly stuck with it. plus the stupid kinnect, still not worth it.

Thanks

I hated 360 so Microsoft can kiss a bucket if they think I'm getting this one.

At least the suckers who do pick it up won't be prevented from buying used games or forced online, one small piece of grace.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,580 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Default Xbox One: stand it vertically “at your own risk”, warns Microsoft

Necro postan...

Xbox One should be played horizontally, Microsoft’s senior director of product management and planning Albert Penello has warned.

Speaking with Gamespot, Penello confirmed that the matter stems from the console’s disc-slot, and is not a cooling issue. He told the site, “We don’t support vertical orientation; do it at your own risk. It wouldn’t be a cooling problem, we just didn’t design the drive for vertical. Because it’s a slot loading drive, we just didn’t design it for both”.

He added, “We found, interestingly enough, that 80 percent of people, believe it or not, have their Xbox [360] horizontally”.
    Source:
    http://www.vg247.com/2013/09/20/xbox...rns-microsoft/

Thanks
    EP Points

Default Xbox One Needs Mandatory Day One Update to do Anything

Bump.

Microsoft has confirmed that, much like the PlayStation 4, the Xbox One won't be able to do anything until a mandatory day one update is installed.

In an interview with Engadget, senior director of product management Albert Penello explained that even disc-based games won't work with the console until the patch is installed, thanks to the fact it's shipped with an old operating system.

“It's not gonna be really an optional thing.

When asked what consumers could expect to do without the patch installed, Penello said "Nothing. You need the day one update."

"A lot of the apps come with the day one update because they wouldn't have even been done. You're gonna need to take this update. It's not gonna be really an optional thing.

"Functionally, you will be able to do very little without taking the day one update."

Similarly, the PlayStation 4 will require a v1.50 system update on day one to activate several key features such as Remote Play, second screen support, gameplay sharing, and Blu-ray player functionality. The update will be approximately 300 MB.
    Source:
    http://au.ign.com/articles/2013/11/0...to-do-anything

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

Hmm, why even bother mentioning the size of the update. Or are they implying that game discs won't have the update on them ready to go...

Quote Originally Posted by deadlegion View Post
    He added, “We found, interestingly enough, that 80 percent of people, believe it or not, have their Xbox [360] horizontally”.
    Duh. Vertical consoles were a retarded gimmick. Everyone knocked em over and then stopped screwing around.
    *PSA* Wii Redump collector's can now unscrub ISO files. So scrubbed games can now be verified. You can find the program to do this here

Thanks

Yeah I'm not too stoked about the new xbox one much either. Like the past these first round consoles will have some kind of problem and the suckers who buy em will be the guinea pigs. I may get one 3 or so years after released when the issues will be fixed and the hackers will have an idea how to mod them so I can rip off MS like they have done to us.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Death View Post
    Hmm, why even bother mentioning the size of the update. Or are they implying that game discs won't have the update on them ready to go...
    I think this is what most people are talking about.
    Parents, or Grandparents buy the kids a console for Christmas (or whatever), console won't play the games they bought with it because it requires the update via an internet connection.
    Or in the case of the PS4, it won't play Blu-ray movies or have some of the other functions enabled.

Of course most people have internet, but the inconvenience of this scenario for the average idiot (or young child) is a little astonishing.

"Got new console for Christmas and it's broken already"

Stores will have a great time explaining what people need to do to use their new consoles.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

Quick they are banning people, even if it's only temporarily

Xbox One pre-order arrives early, user reportedly banned

By Megan Farokhmanesh on Nov 09, 2013 at 12:00p @Megan_Nicolett

Twitter user Moonlightswami received an Xbox One ahead of its Nov. 22 launch date and has since posted several images of the system and its dashboard online.

According to Moonlightswami, the system takes "about 15-20 seconds" to boot up, and the Twitter user was able to download the system's required day-one patch. Although systems like Netflix and Hulu were unavailable, Moolightswami claimed to be only able to download Killer Instinct. NBA 2K14 is apparently a 43GB download, while Call of Duty: Ghosts is a 39GB download. FIFA is only 8GB, while Madden is 12GB. According to Moonlightswami, games are playable after the download is about halfway finished.

Moonlightswami posted an unboxing video on YouTube, which was removed by Microsoft shortly after. The Twitter user also claims to have been console banned. According to a tweet from Microsoft's Major Nelson, the ban "will not be permanent. I can say that with 100 percent certainty." We have reached out to Microsoft and Moonlightswami and will update accordingly.

At least three pre-orders have apparently been delivered early, with one console briefly turning up on eBay.

This article has been updated to clarify downloadable titles.
    http://www.polygon.com/2013/11/9/508...ortedly-banned

Thanks
    EP Points

Yeah I read about that.
    But only one person from what I can gather

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

Oh, you know it's more than one guy. MS tracks every connection to their servers, and has never hesitated to kick their users for buying products early.