Page 163 of 264 FirstFirst ... 63113153158159160161162163164165166167168173213263 ... LastLast
Results 2,431 to 2,445 of 3955

Thread: The Gare and Elin Translate It Out: keikaku means plan

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebub View Post
    Actually never played Nightmare on Elm Street, but Total Recall...what a horrible game! Although I'd rather play that than movie cash-ins such as Predator, Mad Max, and Platoon. Actually pretty much every Hollywood blockbuster tie-in was incredibly horrible. I find it hard to even come up with one halfway decent one.

Yeah, I've actually not been looking at much NES stuff as of late. But an influx of any rare game is good for the buyer. Because it should essentially drive the overall price down. Oh, yeah I did notice that one Stadium Events that we all thought was fake "sold" for $1000+. I had totally forgotten about it until it got brought up on NG.com's WTF Auction thread. Reading on the seller's feedback it says that the seller tried to get the buyer to pay as a gift outside of eBay. What an obvious scam!
    Only one I can think of at the moment is the first Batman game for the NES. At least, from that era it's the only game I can think of as being good. There are a few good ones in the later generations, like Goldeneye 007 and... umm... that other good one...

From what I could tell, and from what I've read on NA, that copy of Stadium Events is definitely a fake. I keep checking back on some of the seller feedback to see if they are scams are not, but haven't checked in a few days.

Thanks

You call that a cart!

Now that's a cart!

I can't believe the carts are that freaking big...
    Last edited by alucard; 7th-June-2013 at 01:51.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by alucard View Post
    What's the appeal of owning neo geo karts/kits vs emulating?
    The fact that playing the actual hardware is the best way to accurately play these games. Sure, emulators can play them well, very well in fact. I've played many NeoGeo ROMs in MAME over the years. They play well, but there's just small nuances, usually with sound and loss of animation frames(lag). You can't get much better than the real thing. Plus, I had always wanted a NeoGeo since I was young. Now that I have one(a consolized MVS unit). I want to start buying some games for it. Luckily the MVS carts aren't nearly as expensive as the AES homecart versions can be.

Quote Originally Posted by God of Battle View Post
    Bragging rights that you have gaming carts the size of bricks
    Hardware>Emulation

Thanks

It's not the size of the cart but the content on it!!!

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by alucard View Post
    You call that a cart!

Now that's a cart!

I can't believe the carts are that freaking big...
    Well considering that Chrono Trigger was a 32 MEG game and the first King of Fighter game released ('94) was 195 MEGS. With some games going into the 600+ MEG count range. They needed the extra room.

Thanks
    EP Points

HI BEELZEBUB!

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis View Post
    HI BEELZEBUB!
    Who are you?

Shooting Sonic Booms and Flash Kicking Scrubs into submission
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,774 Times in 750 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Would be awesome if they had Neogeo Flash carts
    THE BEST METHOD to run PSX games (and everything else for that matter) is via Retroarch - http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/
    If you have any questions on how to set it up on Windows please feel free to ask, its very easy.

Thanks
    EP Points

Who are you?
    A zombie who wants your brains. om.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

The fact that playing the actual hardware is the best way to accurately play these games. Sure, emulators can play them well, very well in fact. I've played many NeoGeo ROMs in MAME over the years. They play well, but there's just small nuances, usually with sound and loss of animation frames(lag). You can't get much better than the real thing. Plus, I had always wanted a NeoGeo since I was young. Now that I have one(a consolized MVS unit). I want to start buying some games for it. Luckily the MVS carts aren't nearly as expensive as the AES homecart versions can be.
    iv ran into non of these problems in MAME

Neogeo is Accurately Emulated in MAME now, not so much in FBA the lazy bastards.............(Fuckin crackling when shooting in metal slug games)......
    THE BEST METHOD to run PSX games (and everything else for that matter) is via Retroarch - http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/
    If you have any questions on how to set it up on Windows please feel free to ask, its very easy.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Would be awesome if they had Neogeo Flash carts
    The best you're going to get is the 161-in-1 cartridge. Which is a steal @ ~$75-100. It doesn't have every NeoGeo game on it, but it does have quite a few. Also there's quite a few hack ROMS on it. So after you take those into account you're left with roughly 80+ original NG games. All the Metal Slugs, except 5. All the Samurai Showdowns and KoFs. With a lot of the sports games thrown in as well. For the price it's much cheaper than buying all the games on it in cart form. Although it has it's little nuances. A few of the games are buggy. Having frame-lag, missing/off-tone SFX/Music, or even game-ruining bugs. Such as Aero Fighters 3 which has a bug where the bullets get stuck in the top half of the screen. With all of it's faults it still a worthwhile purchase for someone looking to play NG games on real hardware on the cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis View Post
    A zombie who wants your brains. om.
    You're going to be stoned as hell after eating my brain.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

You're going to be stoned as hell after eating my brain.

wish i was, im hurting so bad right now.....

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

iv ran into non of these problems in MAME

Neogeo is Accurately Emulated in MAME now, not so much in FBA the lazy bastards.............(Fuckin crackling when shooting in metal slug games)......
    Yeah, you tell me this after you try out some games on the real hardware. It might be "accurate" but it's not exact. Maybe if MAME had the accuracy equivalence of say the BSNES Super Nintendo emulator. Then I'd be convinced. Although I could imagine the required specs to play such an emulator would be fairly high.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

wish i was, im hurting so bad right now.....
    C'mon over, there's some smokin' and arcade gaming to be done.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Yeah, you tell me this after you try out some games on the real hardware. It might be "accurate" but it's not exact. Maybe if MAME had the accuracy equivalence of say the BSNES Super Nintendo emulator. Then I'd be convinced. Although I could imagine the required specs to play such an emulator would be fairly high.
    Overclock the maincpu to around 150% while ingame, games run much nicer, Garou included