View Poll Results: Least favorite Nintendo console?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • NES

5 20.00%
  • SNES

0 0%
  • N64

8 32.00%
  • Gamecube

6 24.00%
  • Wii

6 24.00%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Least favorite Nintendo console? Excluding Wii-U

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Zorlon View Post
    This has nothing to do with any Emulation news or trouble shooting, moved to general gaming

Virtual Boy is the only bad nintendo console
    i'd have to agree here. i liked that game with wario (and still do when i can ever get it to play correctly WITH sound in a emulator) but as far as using it goes, i think theres a episode of AVGN on youtube that has a review of it. basically the thing was too cumbersome to use and laying down on the floor (or if you somehow fund something with just the right height to set it on) would make your neck hurt trying to use it.

i remember way back when i had one, i'd lay on my stomach with it sitting on the floor and would almost always end up with a aching neck afterwards. :/ nice concept, just poorly designed console (handheld?)

Thanks
    EP Points

Wow lots of hate for the 64 that's upsetting. My 2nd console was the 64 and I don't see what's so wrong with it (its 12 years old and still kicking btw!).

NES was my choice as there have no been many games that interest me on the system nor really give me that enjoyment the others do in general.
    Layin down enjoying the fun unleashing the power of the sun and capturing them all until I'm done.

Thanks
    EP Points

Hard pick between the gamecube and wii. Gamecube had a fairly shitty library, but I was never a huge fan of the whole motion thing of the wii. Nothing irritates me more than having to move my controller to steer, back in the day we made fun of kids for that I know most people don't agree but minus the neck cramps, I loved my virtual boy. Even with the slim library, there were some pretty good games. Mario Tennis, Galactic Pinball, Wario, Mario Clash, Virtual League Baseball... I deserve this koopa troopa neck condition I received from it. I got it for $30 brand new when they stopped making them just like my Sega CD. Spectacular!
    Last edited by Mailmann006; 19th-February-2013 at 21:29.
    I'm listening but I don't hear very much...

Thanks
    EP Points

Who are the five people who voted for the nes?!!?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,145 Times in 166 Posts
    EP Points

IMO, the Wii sucked too many kids games (Barbies horse adventures, etc).

I notice my uploads are taken down, i am the the process of reuploading
    If you like any of my uploads, be sure to hit the "Thanks" button
    Every month i try to add new games. For my list of uploads, check out here
    Need your console modded?, check out my store here

Thanks

NES was a better system than N64, GC, and Wii just for the megaman games. And that isn't even considering the lineup of other solid classics. Most of them have aged very well.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Iamerror View Post
    I'm with ya, but it is an opinion topic.

I don't know if any of them understand, or care, what the NES did for the industry as a whole, but it is their opinion.

I went with N64, but GameCube is probably a very close 2nd, with Wii a close 3rd.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Iamerror View Post
    Virtual Boy fanboys!!

The password for my upload's is "caidsncer". If you love my uploads,then hit the "THANX" button.

Thanks
    EP Points

The Nes is a classic. Yeah, probably virtual boy fanboys. I agree, the GC wasn't that great. Nintendo could've done more with it. I think Nintendo is running out of ideas, personally.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Varun Highwind View Post
    And curse everybody who will vote for Snes
    People took my warning seriously
    I'm glad that there are no votes for Snes

The password for my upload's is "caidsncer". If you love my uploads,then hit the "THANX" button.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I voted Nes just because I play NES games the least not because I don't like the system

at the moment I am playing Eternal Darkness on the Wii though it's a GameCube game, played Resident Evil (the remake) the other day another GC game

Also been playing DS Zelda games SNES Zelda games (1 was a NES remake with SNES Graphics a BS Zelda game) and Metroid GBA games, the last Wii game I played was prolly Resident Evil Chronicles, not played a NES game for ages and to be honest MSX was better though not so much for the english speaking but the NES just had poor ports of MSX games, including Final Fantasy's and Metal Gear's, there are others as well, the NES has a few good to great games but only a few out of there huge selection, Zelda, Mario and other classicly Nintendo games are good, there are remakes of a lot of NES games on other systems that are more like to get played than the original NES version like Metroid, Final Fantasy's or any Super Mario game that have versions on SNES and/or GBA that will get played instead of NES versions, there are a hell of a lot of bad ports on NES as well as the good games, don't get me wrong I do have a NES fondness but it is very over rated when you look at the big picture

NES (the remakes and updated versions have more chance of a play and a lot of the ported to NES games are going to be played on what the game came from) despite all that there are still a few games I will play once in a while, but very very little (I couldn't go back to use those controllers either)

SNES if it wasn't for the huge RPG selection SNES wouldn't be on my top systems to play outside the RPG's the greatness drops (I know there are other great games, but it is the RPG's that I would go back to play mostly)

N64 although yeah a small games collection and just the start of 3D there are still a small number of great games on the system (I was never a fan of the pads) but emulation makes the pad issue go away, there are some multi platform games well seemingly until you play them like DooM and Duke Nukem that have different game play, some nice adventure games on this system aswell, not just the 2 Zelda games overall looking at the good compared to the bad this still has a higher percent of good to bad compared with the NES

GameCube A few good RPG's some great Updated releases like Resident Evil and Metal Gear Solid, Resident Evil 0 & 4, Eternal Darkness, the Usual Nintendo set of games including Zelda 4 swords that used GBA's as controllers (that game is not the only one to do that, loved Pac-Man 3x ghost players and 1 Pac-Man player, the Final Fantasy games also used GBA's) [If you had the hardware there is also GBA on your TV that was cool]

Wii More RPG's, Rail Gun Games that are actually good, again the usual Nintendo games another Animal Crossing, P.S. alot of the Wii games can use a normal controller for those not interested in WiiMote play in fact a lot of the games don't use motion at all even if you still use the WiiMote Project Zero 2, unofficially translated Project Zero 4, Resident Evil 4 (use WiiMote or Cube controller, I like the Wii Mote for this one, much faster aiming more head shots )

The Wii also has a nice collection of emulated games of older systems and some nice original WiiWare DLC and when I say the usual Nintendo games there are good games in there, loved the Metroid FPS games, Mario is getting a lil low on my game play but they are still good solid platformers, 3D ones feel adventury aswell, actually I like the 2D ones aswell just don't play them that much, Zelda well I always did like the adventure games not as much as RPG's but in general they are still good

The Will also has backwards compat for GC games

My Wii gets a hammering but I do play on GC games on it not just Wii Games

NES SNES do get emulated on my xbox1

N64 depends on the game, I use my Wii mostly for those though but I do have Zelda on my 3DS and Mario 64 for the DS that will get played over the original N64 versions (I know visually the DS mario is not as good but there is more game play in the DS version and it's portable, Zelda got minor improves on the 3DS but played it to death now, including the Master Quest)

If it was to vote what is your fav is, I would go with Wii, not only can it play Wii software but it plays the rest as well so it might aswell be a NES, SNES, N64 and GameCube rolled into 1 console with a bonus of being able to play Wii games.

As for system games the NES systems games get less game play out of what is up there, in fact in general I play less NES than any other system from NES up over as I do play Mastersystem and GameGear more than NES aswell and it's not to say those systems are better either, just more that I actually play
    Last edited by Zorlon; 20th-February-2013 at 19:39.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR