Thread: Can't run Silver on nullDC.

Thanks

Question Can't run Silver on nullDC.

Hey yo, new guy here...
    So I was trying to run Silver on nullDC, it just ends with a black screen.
    All the other intros work, but when it comes to the Intro Movie of the game it's just a black screen... :/
    I have the latest stable version of nullDC (at least the one listed here in a sticky on Sega Systems)

Sorry if this issue has allready been brought up... ^^'

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

PAL scene release version fails (log window will repeat the same error over and over)
    NTSC version from the scene releases is not selfboot (I have had this selfbootable in the past, so i may be able to convert that again)
    I have yet to test the ReviveDC version as I don't have it

P.S. sorry for the late reply I just had not the time to do any testing, I also don't emulate this system for playing anyway as I own a Dreamcast (Un-modded as you don't need to mod most Dreamcast models to be able to play from CD-R)

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    Thanked 2,580 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Zorlon View Post
    PAL scene release version fails (log window will repeat the same error over and over)
    NTSC version from the scene releases is not selfboot (I have had this selfbootable in the past, so i may be able to convert that again)
    I have yet to test the ReviveDC version as I don't have it

P.S. sorry for the late reply I just had not the time to do any testing, I also don't emulate this system for playing anyway as I own a Dreamcast (Un-modded as you don't need to mod most Dreamcast models to be able to play from CD-R)
    I'd be surprised if the ReviveDC release doesn't work.
    Pretty sure they get tested on real hardware and emu'd I guess the worse case scenario would be the release works fine with hardware and there's a note in the NFO about it not being emu compatible.
    Virtually all NTSC releases, but I think they've being doing some PAL compatibility patching (or something) recently.

Edit:

Silver [NTSC-U] ReviveDC NFO extract:
    Download Links:
    Links are hidden from guests. Please register to be able to view these links.
    Last edited by deadlegion; 25th-January-2013 at 15:23.

Spoiler warning:

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by deadlegion View Post
    I'd be surprised if the ReviveDC release doesn't work.
    Pretty sure they get tested on real hardware and emu'd I guess the worse case scenario would be the release works fine with hardware and there's a note in the NFO about it not being emu compatible.
    Virtually all NTSC releases, but I think they've being doing some PAL compatibility patching (or something) recently.

Edit:

Silver [NTSC-U] ReviveDC NFO extract:
    Download Links:
    Links are hidden from guests. Please register to be able to view these links.
    I would be supprised if it does work this is a NullDC thread not a real hardware thread, it's far from perfect emulation though good for the most part

The only reason i don't have this is because I'm missing a bunch of releases because I have yet to find a torrent with them in or a good server with them (between 20 ish and 90ish I'm missing possibly some of there newer releases)
    Last edited by Zorlon; 25th-January-2013 at 23:10.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    Thanked 2,580 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Zorlon View Post
    I would be supprised if it does work this is a NullDC thread not a real hardware thread, it's far from perfect emulation though good for the most part
    Yeah, that was a silly thing for me to say I guess should've said if any dump of this game has a chance of working in NullDC then the ReviveDC release is probably the best bet.

Spoiler warning:

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by deadlegion View Post
    Yeah, that was a silly thing for me to say I guess should've said if any dump of this game has a chance of working in NullDC then the ReviveDC release is probably the best bet.
    Silly had to go advanced just to type

Anyway tested the RDC version and that one boots all the way to the Press Start screen though I never actually started a game as I have a pad setup but not plugged in so couldn't start a new game anyway
    Last edited by Zorlon; 26th-January-2013 at 17:04. Reason: um there is no text box to type into WTF

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]