Thread: gbPS question about Saves

Threaded View

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by MEMANIA View Post
    Thanks. I recently loaded the rom, and went through the menus, and the save files weren't showing up. But, I remember I've had this issue in the past because sometimes save-states like to wipe out hard save files if you load a save-state with no hard saves made. That might have been the case, I had a save-state that I loaded prior to making my hard save.

It's a GBA emulator, highly recommended apparently?
    I'm thinking he's using gpSP. But it's a GBA emulator for the PSP, and the OP didn't mention anything about using a PSP (Although he did post in the Sony Systems section).

If that's the case then you need to make sure your exiting gpSP properly. As in, bringing the menu up and selecting "exit gpSP".

In the emulator options menu, there should be an option that says "Update backup" and you can either set it to "AUTO" (automatically updates the save when you save it in-game) or "Exit Only" (the save is only updated when you exit gpSP by selecting "exit gpSP").

If you're shutting your PSP off without exiting the emulator properly your "hard save" won't be saved. You can set it to AUTO in order to make gpSP save immediately after saving in-game. But also changing it to "AUTO" takes more time to for the game to save.
    Last edited by Shelly Bean; 24th-September-2012 at 23:09.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to _Gambit For This Useful Post: