Thread: Sega CD Help

Thanks
    EP Points

Default Sega CD Help

I can't get them all to Work in 1 Emulator.

I was wondering is there an Emulator that will work with all Sega CD Games?

Emulators I am using:

Gens-ReRecording SVN r301 - http://www.emucr.com/search/label/Gen?&max-results=12

and

Also Fusion 3.64

Please Help

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

You already have the best 2 emulators

I recomend Fusion though over Gens

Make sure Perfect Syncro is enabled

Only games I failed gto get working had been the Movie plsyslong type games, I believe that was an input error rather than it not being emulated though

It has been a while since I looked at Sega CD but if you give a few examples of none working games it may help me help you, or one of our other members... Not sure I will have time to download a CD image to test though but with the info I may yet find a way to help you

P.S. I'm sorry that I missed this thread as I would of jumped in to help out sooner

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Zorlon For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Zorlon View Post
    You already have the best 2 emulators

I recomend Fusion though over Gens

Make sure Perfect Syncro is enabled

Only games I failed gto get working had been the Movie plsyslong type games, I believe that was an input error rather than it not being emulated though

It has been a while since I looked at Sega CD but if you give a few examples of none working games it may help me help you, or one of our other members... Not sure I will have time to download a CD image to test though but with the info I may yet find a way to help you

P.S. I'm sorry that I missed this thread as I would of jumped in to help out sooner
    Fixed the Problem on Fusion but I can't get the Fast Forward button not to Toggle and only go when I touch the Fast Foward[BackSpace] Button

With Gens I can't get Music to work on some games. Can't get the .cue Files can't load.

Please Help With these Problems now please

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Gens does not need cue sheets, thats just in the files for sound to work

e.g.
    Name of Game 01.iso
    Name of Game 02.mp3
    Name of Game 03.mp3
    ect....

the same works with .wav extentions for sound tracks

this will enable the CDDA (aka sound tracks to work)

You just boot the iso up

for cue files to work you need to change the MP3's into WAVE format WAV files, possibly mount those only I'm sure Gens does not support cue sheet loading... I don't remember off hand though, I don't use it any more as Fusion is enough for me...

I advise you avoid using Fast Forward (It can crash out the emulator) but if you insist on it there is only a toggle option as far as I know, there is no hold key to fast forward that when you let go will revert back to normal speed

If you are using a joypad though you could set that pad up so some on the buttons act as keyboard keys so you needn't touch the keyboard while playing, things like Joy2keys can do that

If I had the time I could of possibly made a hack (external much like PC trainers) that would make it so Fast Forward was only activated when a key was pressed and deactivated when the same key is depressed, but I realy don't have time to mess on with things like that

But if you wanted to try your self basicly you need to find the memory location for fast foward once found you set the trainer to be activated by a key and deactivated when the key is not seen... unfortionatly not as simple as I made that sound, the trainer set up is normally easy enough but finding the mem location can be tricky at times, basicly lots of true/false (on/off) searching until only a few results are left then test each find

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR