Thread: No music (sound effects) on my converted psx to psp games!

Thanks

Default No music (sound effects) on my converted psx to psp games!

hello everyone! i have the following problem! i download the ISOs n convert them to eboot.pbp with the popstationGUI to run them on my psp but some games such as nightmare creatures or lucky luck or vagrant story dont have music, just sound effects!! any ideas on the subject??

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Did you convert any CD images before you eboot converted??? if so what software was used & what format was it converted from/to???
    Last edited by Zorlon; 30th-April-2011 at 08:29.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

well
    1.i download the iso
    2.unecm if needed
    3 then i get some files with extensions like these ones : .ccd, .img, .sub, or .cue
    4. i convert the biggest in size, usually its the .img one, into eboot.pbp with PopstationGUI v.3.00 Beta

the thing is that most games run perfectly, but some of them like the ones i told about before have only sound effects. i tried to add the .cue file in the directory of the game containing the game's .pbp but it gets stuck on the ps logo...any ideas???

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

1 download and install isobuster (free features only is fine)
    2 run isobuster and hit File>Open Image File>>>> Find and select the ccd file
    3 right click on CD (also has a small CD icon next to it) and choose Extract CD <Image>>RAW (*.bin *.iso)
    4 name your new CD image (make sure you use .bin on the file name)
    5 wait for the extract then you will be prompted to save a cue sheet aswell

still not sure why sound fx would not work I can see why sound track may not though
    Last edited by Zorlon; 1st-May-2011 at 09:27.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Did this solve your issue or is there still missing music/sfx???

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Actually Zorlon, he said that the SFX work fine, he's just not getting any music.

I think the problem is that the standard popstation isn't compatible with the CDDA tracks. There was a version released that enables the use of CDDA tracks. You can find it below.

Here's how to use it:

* Replace your existing popstation.exe with the one in the archive (either stand-alone or along with a GUI)
    * Rip your CD or convert your existing image to CloneCD format. You should have a .ccd file with the same name as your image file (for example, game.img and game.ccd or game.bin and game.ccd).
    * Make sure the image and .ccd files are in the same directory and run popstation.exe, or your GUI of choice as normal and now CD audio will work.

Tinnus has included the source code with this application and has confirmed that Tomb Raider, ripped to .img and .ccd, converted to EBOOT with PSX2PSP 0.7 at compression level 9 works with this, and so should any other game using CCD audio. We at QJ would like to say a big thankyou to Tinnus for this as it will make it much better playing those old PSX games for a lot of gamers.
    If the game is not already in .img .ccd format then you should be able to just mount the image (ISO,BIN,MDF, etc...) with Daemon tools and re-rip it into .ccd format with clone cd.

Hopefully this helps you get music in those games.
    Attached Files Attached Files