Thread: So what do think about 3D TV/movies?

Thanks

Default So what do think about 3D TV/movies?

I feel the hole 3D movie craze is just another way to get money from the consumers. They want you to buy there 3D glasses to watch there 3D movies at the theater, than they ask for them back when you leave. Than they want you to buy special 3D TVs so you can watch there 3D DVD's. I even heard that some directors don't like filming in 3D because it limits the angles of there shots.

I don't know maybe this hole 3D thing will turn out for the better.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I can see in a few years it being very interesting, once the boundaries are pushed a little harder. Right now it's too much of a gimmick for me to buy into it. And the one time I went to see a 3D movie in theaters, having to wear those glasses over my regular glasses made it way too hard to focus, and I got a headache and didn't enjoy the movie at all because of it.

Thanks
    EP Points

I've seen two film in 3d and while it looks great at the start of a film, you stop noticing it towards the end, like other people said I think it's a gimmick.

Thanks

I'm fine with 3d movies but 3d tv I think is just dumb.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Drageuth View Post
    I can see in a few years it being very interesting, once the boundaries are pushed a little harder.
    That's kind of how I feel. I wish we could skip phase one and go strait to phase three.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Watch "The Last Airbender" in 3D. The only thing that was 3D was the credits.

Thanks

i think 3D altogether is completely pointless. I don't think a movie is going to get any better or worse with 3D. I bet its pretty boring.

I've heard that too much 3D is bad for your eyes

Rewardsgaming.net

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pow View Post
    I feel the hole 3D movie craze is just another way to get money from the consumers.
    You mean any product/technology ever commercialized? If that's the only complaint about 3D, you should be complaining about the entire economy.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit Da Frog View Post
    Watch "The Last Airbender" in 3D. The only thing that was 3D was the credits.
    Ahahahaha, you actually stuck through to the end? You poor soul.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Quiji View Post
    You mean any product/technology ever commercialized? If that's the only complaint about 3D, you should be complaining about the entire economy.
    That's A good point but even if the economy was good, The 3d stuff would still be in this crappy phase. I thought we learned are lesson with the Virtual boy.

Oh. I also complained about the buying of all this extra stuff to watch 3d and the fact that directors are complaining about this 3d filming limiting there camera angles.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,313 Times in 1,166 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Tassadar View Post
    I've seen two film in 3d and while it looks great at the start of a film, you stop noticing it towards the end, like other people said I think it's a gimmick.
    I noticed the same thing, by the end of Avatar I didn't even notice the effect. To date, the only movie I've watched and enjoyed the usage of 3D in, has been Tron Legacy. They wisely turned the effect entirely off once and a while. In hindsight every other movie I would've preferred watching in normal 2D (and I would've saved a few bucks). I actively looked for Tron in 2D, but it wasn't available anymore by the time I went to see it

Personally I think they should abandon 3D already, it's stupid. They started it as something unique they could do at theaters that you couldn't get on the home market, and that reason has already disappeared. They can try something else. Like maybe round screens, you never watch the corners, do you?
    *PSA* Wii Redump collector's can now unscrub ISO files. So scrubbed games can now be verified. You can find the program to do this here

Thanks

I watched Avatar in iMax but didn't enjoy it much since I had to wear glasses on my glasses.

It's like a bad Xzibitz meme turned into reality.

I don't really dig 3D much as it is.

Obviously, Ema Skye is hawt. And kickass.
    Mikuru needs a gentleman!

Thanks

what about sports on 3D?

Thanks

Sports in 3D..! awesome idea. I'll catch the ball.

watch Extremely used cars: there is no hope movie