Thread: dreamcast emu help

Thanks

Red face dreamcast emu help

ok this is seriously killing me... i have all the system requirements im sure, i can play 360 games on this comp.. but god i just cant get a dreamcast emu to run !!!!

anyways, so heres the problem...
    when i use chankast, i can get the emulator to work, but i really don't understand how to get a game running... i have daemon tools but how to use that and what to do after i use daemon tools is such a big blur to me, and whenever i watch tutorial vids, the creator of the vid usually has a different version of daemontools i cant find (i assume they have a different ver cause their daemontools interface looks different from mine and instead of a red small icon i see a blue one on the corner of my screen...)
    i already downloaded a bunch of games..i have pop'n'music, jet set radio, space channel 5, etc... the emu is working fine,i just need help understanding how to "insert a game disk"..... help please...

and as for nullDC.. i gave up on that. no matter how many times i reinstall the thing its like im missing a new file everytime.. a few minutes ago i thought i got it then all a sudden an error pops up saying that one of the dll files doesnt contain something... what in the world????

any advice would be great.. i can get almost every other emulator up and running.. but this is wtf...
    sorry for bad english :,(

if anyone has facebook please give me the advice there lol name is Tokiko Niko
    Last edited by tokikoniko; 25th-January-2011 at 15:22.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Facebook, I'm not active enough and mine is private

NullDC is what you want but you also need Microsofts, Visual C++ installed aswell as thats what it was made with, you also need the bios image that you can get here listed as Dreamcast BIOS (All Regions)

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR