Thread: PlayStation Hash Code Database

Threaded View

Thanks

Most people my already know about the popular http://psxdb.com however they are getting too many hash codes from internet images and not enough verified images; also, I don't like to way they are treating mixed-mode PSX games (games that contain both data and audio tracks) so I have decided to create a database of my own using only verified hash codes from everyone that has an original copy of these games.

Yes I know that this may rival psxdb but I don't care as this can also help us to make a truly perfect PSX collection once all we have to do is verify the hash codes instead of having to check the images with CDmage and hope that the image is perfect.

At this time the only thing that I need to know is who owns the originals of what game including the serial and region of each game and disc. Also I will need to know what the date of the serial of each disc is since some games had multiple versions as shown in psxdb (Final Fantasy Origians for example). You can get the date by checking property of the file in explorer. What I am looking for is the modified date. The serial file is a file with the same name as the serial code of the disc. For example the serial for Disc 1 of the NTSC U/C version of Final Fantasy IX is SLUS-01251 which means that the serial file will be named SLUS_012.51 when viewed in explorer.

I will edit this post to include what games I own soon and will be making a page on my website with more detail about what else I will need later on but for now all I need to know is what I've asked for above. I have been thinking about this for some time now and I think it is finally time to make this project a reality with your help.

[EDIT]
    I guess I can at least also make a standard format to go by. Here are the games that I currently own and can still make images of. I recommend that you use the region and serial that is listed on the disc itself and use the game's title from the spine of the case (if you still have it).

Cool Boarders 2001 [SCUS-94597] [NTSC U/C]
    SCUS_945.97: Sunday, September 30, 1900, 11:26:02 PM

Crash Bash (Greatest Hits) [SCUS-94570] [NTSC U/C]
    SCUS_945.70: Tuesday, October 09, 1900, 3:30:33 AM

Destruction Derby 2 (Greatest Hits) [SCUS-94350] [NTSC U/C]
    SCUS_943.50: Thursday, September 26, 1996, 3:15:48 AM

Disney/Pixar's Toy Story 2: Buzz Lightyear To The Rescue [SLUS-00893] [NTSC U/C]
    SLUS_008.93: Monday, October 11, 1999, 12:22:08 AM

Frogger (Greatest Hits) [SLUS-00506] [NTSC U/C]
    SLUS_005.06: Tuesday, September 23, 1997, 2:02:52 AM

Pong [SLUS-00889] [NTSC U/C]
    SLUS_008.89: Tuesday, September 07, 1999, 6:46:24 PM

Ready 2 Rumble Boxing: Round 2 [SLUS-01147] [NTSC U/C]
    SLUS_011.47: Wednesday, October 25, 2000, 10:09:34 AM

Star Wars Demolition [SLUS-01183] [NTSC U/C]
    SLUS_011.83: Thursday, October 19, 2000, 3:10:00 AM

Tomb Raider (Greatest Hits) [SLUS-00152] [NTSC U/C]
    SLUS_001.52: Tuesday, February 10, 1998, 10:27:32 PM

I actually have more but they're at my brother's house so I don't exactly have direct access to them so I'm not going to list them...yet.

In order for me to make this database I really need everyone's help. Anyone that has original PlayStation games can contribute to this even if some of your games are not ripable. Please help me make a database that everyone will enjoy.

Work on the site is going to take some PHP codeing that I'm going to have to start learning so it is a slow process on my end but right now I just need to know who I can come to for information from different games. Also I can assure you that you will be recognised for any information you can provide that can assist in helping me build this database.
    Last edited by Cookie Monster; 8th-March-2007 at 12:05.
    Haldrie's World
    (My official web site.)

My YouTube Channel