So, I'm pretty new to the whole modding scene, and I've never tried anything like this before, but I recently acquired an original Wii console (Gamecube ports and all) and have decided to hack it.

I started by following this guide at Legroom.net and have matched his instructions to a T.
I spent all last night and this morning downloading all these files, preparing SD cards and USB hard drives and making sure they're compatible, installing Wiiflow and Dios Mios and making sure all my files are in order. I downloaded a few Gamecube .iso files (I don't actually have a flash drive big enough for Wii games yet, so I can't test those) and I've gotten them to show up on Wiiflow when I insert the flash drive. Everything seems to be working, right up until I try to actually play a game, then the screen goes black.

I did some research on this "black screen" phenomenon, and tried various fixes, such as changing the default player to Dios Mios, installing Devolution and trying to run them with that, running the games with a disc in the system, etc. Nothing I do seems to work.

I'm at my wits end here. I've worked so hard to get this running, and all I get are black screens. Can someone tell me what I might be doing wrong? I've checked and re-checked everything. What am I missing?