Quote Originally Posted by Ichijoe View Post
If your "Chipped" (and it seems like you are!), then you're definitely NOT Softmoded. A Softmod is a Software only Mod that needs an explicit Game Save Hack (AFAIK: 007 Agent Under Fire, Splinter Cell and Mech Assault are the only known Games to work!), the Games have to be the original retail version, as opposed to say backups (duh!). And they should where possible be the original (i.e. Not the Greatest Hits (Value), Editions of those Games. The biggest "Trick" is to actually get the the Game Save File(s) onto the XBOX. Which usually evolves some kind of Controller or Cable Mod. As the Game Ports on the XBOX are basically just USB1.x Ports any way.

Thankfully you don't have to worry about any of this!

Again the best advice at the moment is to turn the XBOX on and, boot to EvoX.. (Another suggestion would be to change the Dash to something better like Avalaunch, or XBMC.) then scroll down to "System Management" press (A), then "Launch Apps from HDD" press (A), scroll down the list till you find ConfigMagic and then press (A) again. When prompted press the Start Button.

The only things you should probably note here are the:
Unique HDD Key and the
Current HDD unlock password + Status. (i.e. Locked or unlocked).

But really the MOST IMPORTANT thing to know is that the Master Password has been changed from whatever it was (if it ever had one!), to "TEAMASSEMBLY" < As long as you know that you can if needed use that to either lock or unlock the HDD from a PC.

Then take the now unlocked HDD out of the XBOX and format it under Windows. Assuming that your PC still supports P-ATA (IDE) that is! And fire up a CHKDSK on it.

While that's going on I'd also advise you to download and burn this to a DVD-R: Slayers EvoX Auto Installer v2.7 (Install Disc)
With this Disc, and your Chip modded XBOX, it'll be a breeze to chuck in any 'ol HDD into it and use this Disc to setup all the correct Partitions and Files for you. I just recently used this to upgrade my XBOX HDD from a old 120GB HDD to a newer 250GB One. The process is very straight forward and simple, but it will take a while to install everything though.
Hi Ichijoe, I actually did do the Splinter Cell softmod a while ago and used the SID game save to boot into Softmod Installer Deluxe and install the EvoX dashboard. I did this by getting an old XBOX controller and cut the wire to replace it with a USB adapter for me to transfer the saves. I do have DUOX 3 in a dual boot. I can choose to boot into EvoX or DUOX 3. So I actually wasted my time installing the softmod only just to find out that the problem is my HDD.