Thread: R4 SDHC Help

Threaded View

Thanks

Default R4 SDHC Help

Hey guys, i need some help with an R4.

Heres the story, i bought an R4 for my little brother 2 years back and it is the R4 SDHC model. I was able to get some games for him back in the day and it worked for the time being. However my little brother hasnt touched the DS and R4 SDHC in forever, so he gave them both to me.

I tried to open it up today on the DS and it didnt work. I realized i am missing the kernel or initial firmware the R4 first came with.

So i have a few questions for you guys, thanks for any help. I am also pretty new to this stuff, so any "For Dummies" explanations would be great

1. Where can i download the firmware or initial software that came with the R4 SDHC package?
    2. Do i need to update it? Since i haven't used it since 2009? If so, where can i download it and how do i apply the update?
    3. I remember downloading some games and it wouldn't allow me to play them due to copyrights, is this problem still around today? If so how do i avoid it, or what steps do i take when searching for a rom I want to download?
    4. I see alot of new terminology around today, any i should know? For example, Clean/Patched etc..
    5. As an R4 SDHC user, is there anything important i should know? Like updating my software?
    6. How can i have cheats for my games? For example, i want to play the new YuGioH WC game, and want all cards etc..
    7. I just downloaded the YuGioH WC 2011 game from this site, and when i try to unzip it , it says archive not found, what does this mean? The download took an hour, im sure the files should of been in it.

8. Another problem guys, this is so darn frustrating!! I have just downloaded the 1.47 kernel from two sites, and both of them just give me a "Loading..." Screen, and freezes. Any help/advice? I really dont understandwhy these damn things are so confusing.

Thank you all in advance for the help, ive been trying to sue google for my answers, but am getting frustrated as the answers i need are all mixed up everywhere.
    Last edited by TheJex; 14th-November-2011 at 00:53.