Thread: MAMEUIFX and controller problems I can't wrap my head around

Threaded View

Thanks
    EP Points

Default MAMEUIFX and controller problems I can't wrap my head around

This is an odd one if I've ever seen odd.
    I use my DualShock 4 as my main PC Controller, not only is it an excellent controller but a fantastic replacement for the mouse and basic keyboard function when i play on the HDTV in the living room far from the computer.
    I use DS4Windows and keep the DualShock itself hidden making it fully appear as a 360 controller.
    That's all nice and good and works like a charm with every game and software I've tried...except MAMEUIFX.

I'm going to try and be as clear as possible and hopefully someone will know how to fix this problem because it prevents me from playing on my HDTV and that's NOT what i installed MAME for, i don't want to play this stuck on my computer.

1. MAMEUIFX disables my controller almost completely as soon as I run a game even if I turn off Joystick support. Meaning even the keyboard functions I have mapped to it do not work with the exception of Alt+tab.

2. I made a new MAME profile, gave it its own light color and mapped my DS4 as follos:
    - Arrow keys to the DPad - normal for my keyboard/mouse profile
    - Star - Enter - again normal for my keyboard/mouse profile
    - Home Button - Tab
    - Share Button - key 1 - player 1 start
    - R3 - key 5 - Coin 1
    - X, Square, Triangle and O - Space, Ctrl, Alt

This should work fine, but it doesn't and I'm completely stumped, I don't know what to do or how to make it work and I need it to work. I can map controller buttons if I enable Joystick support but I'm not happy with how that works, I need my extra keyboard functions and what not.
    I've never seen a program able to detect that the controller isn't actually a keyboard before when mapped as one.

My standard mouse+keyboard profile I use for navigation on my TV doesn't work either in-game, everything works on the menu/main window/select game screen whatever it's called.

Apparently it also disabled JoyToKey
    again, never seen a program do this before

Specs:
    Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit
    MAMEUIFX 0.165

this stuff is irrelevant in this case but whatever:
    i7 3820
    16GB RAM
    GTX680 2GB
    Last edited by ShinigamiKiba; 27th-August-2015 at 08:12.