Thread: New to Emulation; Can't load game

Threaded View

Thanks

Unhappy New to Emulation; Can't load game

Hi there!
    Please excuse me if I've missed any spots on the forum, but I cannot seem to find any answers.

Today, I decided to try to play Sonic Adventure DX Directors Cut http://www.emuparadise.me/Nintendo_G...66357-download and so I downloaded Dolphin (Versions 4.0.2, 4.0, and 2.0) and found the only ROM for the game this site had.

I at first went to dolphin 4.0.2 and just simply tried to load it up from the .rar but each time I'd try it would bring up the screen as if it was going to play, but then it would crash. I tried that on both 4.0 and 2.0 as well.

Next, I went searching for tutorials and copied one I found that said to extract the file (I did so using 7-Zip) and then extracted Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2.png 
Views:	139 
Size:	37.1 KB 
ID:	44648 these and then got a gcm file. I was stoked! I thought, hey! I finally did it. Wrong. I went to open that up with all of the versions and received Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_1.png 
Views:	146 
Size:	41.0 KB 
ID:	44649 this error message.

At this point, I'm at a loss because I don't know what else to try - I've searched for other ROMS but I don't know what are trustworthy and what aren't. If anyone could help guide me through this process, provide a new rom, different emulator, or something that'd be awesome!

P.S. On Dolphin, it does have some testers who have played it on 4.0 and had it work just fine, so I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

Specs:
    • Windows 8.1
    • 4GB RAM
    • 64-bit OS
    • Intel Celeron @ 1.50 GHz
    • Intel HD Graphics

please
    Last edited by Cookie Monster; 26th-June-2015 at 01:00. Reason: please, no double posting