Thread: Strange file (Xenogears for PSX)

Thanks

Default Strange file (Xenogears for PSX)

First of all I'd like to say a MASSIVE thank you to all people involved in creating the tools required to emulate some of my favourite games that bring back so much nostalgia and of course the people responsible for this Emulation Paradise

Now onto a problem I've had, I downloaded Xenogears from this site, however when I download the file and unzip it using either 7Z or WinRar it comes out as an MDF which is a database file, i've tried renaming the extension to .iso and to .bin to play on the ePSXe emulator I have but no luck.

Thank you in advance for any help or advice given.

Thanks
    EP Points

There are probably better ways to do it, but my solution is to download and install daemon tools. This installs a virtual disk drive on your system. You can open daemon tools from system tray and mount an image file to the virtual drive. choose the mdf file (mdf files are compatible with daemon tools) and then in your playstation emulator run the disk from the virtual drive.

ある朝、気がついたんだ
    僕はこの世界が嫌いなんだって

3. The Following User Says Thank You to gezegond For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Thanks for the speedy reply, I use Magic Disk which also worked but you were very helpful, thank you!

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

mdf+mds files are alcohol burning rom software format

just convert those to bin+cue isobuster can do that with ease and you do not need to pay for it the free use functions are enough for this (P.S. most other direct converting software will corrupt PSX CD images, this is one of the few that does not)

http://www.epforums.org/showthread.php?40611 is a guide for just doing that (open via the mds file only)

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Ah I see, I was thinking MDF and LDF because that's what I work with! Thanks for letting me know!

Thanks

Sorry but that doesn't seem to work, when I try to extract the MDS it just says that it needs the full version of the software to be able to do this, it's version 3.5 so it's very diferent to what's in that guide.

Edit: Never mind, figured out I was clicking on the wrong thing...whoops!
    Last edited by omegakill; 16th-May-2015 at 20:49.

Shooting Sonic Booms and Flash Kicking Scrubs into submission
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,774 Times in 750 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

If you dont wanna deal with the hassle of converting you can grab a proper dump (bin+cue) of Xenogears here,

http://www.epforums.org/showthread.p...U-%28Redump%29
    THE BEST METHOD to run PSX games (and everything else for that matter) is via Retroarch - http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/
    If you have any questions on how to set it up on Windows please feel free to ask, its very easy.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Warrior For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Perfect, thank you very much!