Thread: Having some issues running roms with MameUI .161

Thanks

Default Having some issues running roms with MameUI .161

I am new to all of this but have done some poking around. I can get a decent amount of game to run which is awesome. However I am having issues with other roms and wondering if I can get some help.

I am running MAMEUI 64bit ver .161
    Using windows 8.1 intel system

Game in question that I cannot run is Marvel Vs. Capcom 1 & 2

When I check the bios section Naomi 1, 2 and GD are marked as not working. Now I think the above games use those as the bios? so that would explain why it is not working most likely. At least stage one of troubleshooting. I have downloaded a bunch of bios file for naomi and the MameUI doesn't recognize them. So I am thinking I am running older versions of the bios which are not compatible with the latest mame build? Am I correct so far in my assumptions?

If someone can explain to me how the different versions work I would appreciate it. Do I need to get bios files which are all compatible with .161 to work for me? if so how do I know it's a compatible version and where can I get it?

Maybe this version is very new and i would have better luck using an older version of mame with greater software and bios support?

Thanks guys, I know I am new so but I have spent the last few days trying to learn myself but I am hitting a wall.

Cheers!

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

They are not Naomi system or GD based games it's a CPS2 game

If you audit the game it will tell you what is missing or even just trying to run it will tell you want is missing and where it looked (MAME counts zip files as folders)

I would guess at you missing the Q-Sound rom though used by most Capcom System 2 (CPS2) games

http://www.emuparadise.me/M.A.M.E._-...Q-Sound/164687

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Zorlon For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Wow, you nailed it. That was the missing piece. Thanks a lot for the help!

Thanks

How can I troubleshoot issues like this the best? I don't want to have to make threads all the time when something doesn't work. For example I cannot get Marvel V. Capcom 2 to work, just the first one. I would have never found out I was missing the q sound rom by searching google. I don't think auditing the rom would tell me what I am missing right?

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

audit or run the roms see what it says is missing and the folders it looks for them in (as stated before folders = zip files)

to audit right click the game of choice and select audit, though more info is given if you just try and run it

Once you know the folder/s it looks at you for the missing rims you know the zip file that is missing and can search for that, via google if the folder was qsound then search for....

qsound.zip site:emuparadise.me

that will result in the page I linked you just before

With most mame games a master rom is needed if you are using one of the alt language versions that is not a master rom itself

P.S. Marvel vs Capcom 2 is a Naomi system game

You can either use a Naomi system emulator such as NullDC Naomi or demul or get the dreamcast version instead and play via NullDC (Normal version) or demul that can play both Dreamcast and Naomi arcade system games

There is very little to choose from Naomi Arcade vs Sega Dreamcast, a Sega Dreamcast is basically a lite version of the Naomi Arcade system that is also by Sega

A Sega Dreamcast home console runs GD-Rom media
    A Naomi Arcade system runs GD-Rom media and Cart based games, a few mix the two together i.e. Cart plus GD-Rom

MAME uses compressed GD-Rom dumps in chd format
    Last edited by Zorlon; 10th-May-2015 at 17:58.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR