Thread: Tales of Destiny II Random shut off

Thanks

Default Tales of Destiny II Random shut off

ok so i make it to the celestia arc after i leave the meredy's teacher's house so i decide go and train in a large area with of whole lot of trees but everytime is decide go to that area the emulator just shuts off, like no error or anything just shuts off. For the record it may have something to do with the disc not being switched properly cause it told me to switch to the 2nd disc i switched to it and it gave a black screen so restarted the emulator using the 2nd disc. The emulator i'm using is epsxe 1.90, has anyone else ever exprienced a issue like this, i remember reading somewhere that people were having problems with switching disc could have caused this issue maybe?

Shooting Sonic Booms and Flash Kicking Scrubs into submission
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,774 Times in 750 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Try this emu with your memory card file and see how it goes,

pSX_1_13.rar

Works just fine for ToE/ToD2.

If you want a even greater experience with the game, try the PSP enhanced port.

Looks fantastic, very smooth , widescreen, has a undub.
    THE BEST METHOD to run PSX games (and everything else for that matter) is via Retroarch - http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/
    If you have any questions on how to set it up on Windows please feel free to ask, its very easy.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by VF-0 Phoenix View Post
    ok so i make it to the celestia arc after i leave the meredy's teacher's house so i decide go and train in a large area with of whole lot of trees but everytime is decide go to that area the emulator just shuts off, like no error or anything just shuts off. For the record it may have something to do with the disc not being switched properly cause it told me to switch to the 2nd disc i switched to it and it gave a black screen so restarted the emulator using the 2nd disc. The emulator i'm using is epsxe 1.90, has anyone else ever exprienced a issue like this, i remember reading somewhere that people were having problems with switching disc could have caused this issue maybe?
    switching discs should have no issues at all so I find this a little odd. Saying that booting directly to Disc 2 and loading the memcard save should still work just fine

http://psxdatacenter.com/ has good setups/emulators used per game and is well worth looking at though

for that game, the recommended emulator/setup goes as follows

Emulator ePSXe v.1.9.0
    Video Plugin Pete's OpenGL Driver v2.9 ( internal X & Internal Y= Very High, Stretching mode: Stretch to full window size, render Mode: 2 (Use framebuffer object) text filt = 2 FPS limit= 63, Compatibility=2,3,2; Shader effects= 1 (Fullscreen smoothin))
    Audio Plugin ePSXe SPU Core v.1.9.0
    CD-ROM Plugin ePSXe Cdrom plugin
    Game Pad Plugin N / A
    Vibration Compatible Yes.
    Console Bios Used SCPH7502

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Zorlon For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Thanks changing the settings gave worked however i've been avoiding using openGL cause my video card is a old intel card and i experiencing some lag so i'll probably still have to mess around with the settings a bit but i should be fine.

I would've played that first expect my computer can't handle a psp emulator and my modded psp died on me a long time ago so this port is the only option i have left.
    Last edited by Zorlon; 8th-May-2015 at 04:18.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

How old are we talking here?

PPSSPP runs on lower end hardware, even this very crummy laptop I am using at the moment.

PPSSPP has both Direct3D9 and OpenGL options, give it a try and see if your hardware can handle it, you might be surprised.

Download Links:
    Links are hidden from guests. Please register to be able to view these links. It has options out of wazoo, like if a game is laggy you can set the frameskip to 2 and that should help out greatly.

You would think PPSSPP is hardware excessive but its not, my temps are cool as a cucumber, anything like PCSX2 and Dolphin will get this thing where you can cook a egg on it though.

Just trying to help out a fellow Tales fan for the best experience .
    THE BEST METHOD to run PSX games (and everything else for that matter) is via Retroarch - http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/
    If you have any questions on how to set it up on Windows please feel free to ask, its very easy.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Warrior For This Useful Post:

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

direct3D and OpenGL (not OpenGL2) will work on intel chips but if they are both slow then Software is your best bet

Speed wise there is not much difference between Direct3D 1.77 and OpenGL 1.77 (OpenGL2 (2.9) will just not work due to hardware limitations though)

Settings wise the same settings can be applied to OpenGL and Direct3D to what is applied to OpenGL2

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Zorlon For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Thanks man the ppsspp works amazing, well better than i expected but before started it up it gave a message your gpu does not support openGL but it gave me the option to use direct3D so everything's solid.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by VF-0 Phoenix View Post
    Thanks man the ppsspp works amazing, well better than i expected but before started it up it gave a message your gpu does not support openGL but it gave me the option to use direct3D so everything's solid.
    Fantastic, glad its working for you.

PPSSPP has come a very long way in a VERY short amount of time, hell you can even play online with emulated Ad Hoc (some games still dont work online yet), and the online play works great.

There are other Tales games on PSP as well and they are getting english translations so that is awesome.