Thread: Relief Pitcher

Thanks

Default Relief Pitcher

I am using my old PS3 controller as my gaming controller and am having difficulty setting it up to properly play Relief Pitcher. Anyone have a clue on how to do this?

Thanks in Advance

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Going to guess at MAME and playing the arcade version

If so then Press Tab while the game is running and go to config controls from there

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Default Controls

Quote Originally Posted by Zorlon View Post
    Going to guess at MAME and playing the arcade version

If so then Press Tab while the game is running and go to config controls from there
    I know how to configure the controls but I am not sure how to do it to work correctly with MAME

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

What you are asking then if you are not asking how to config the controls in MAME

Does this even have anything to do with MAME itself or just the pad recognised by any game or emulator or any program that can use a pad as a control device
    Last edited by Zorlon; 25th-April-2015 at 11:49.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Default Controls

Quote Originally Posted by Zorlon View Post
    What you are asking then if you are not asking how to config the controls in MAME

Does this even have anything to do with MAME itself or just the pad recognised by any game or emulator or any program that can use a pad as a control device
    I am asking based on the arcade controls....How would I setup my game controller to reflect the arcade's buttons? MAMEUI 0.160 is the version I am running and when I go into "input for game" settings when I hit Tab I am not sure what to change the buttons that correspond to the controller.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Oh is it not obvious

what buttons/control descriptions seem to confuse you??

A screen grab of the controls config screen may help also, make sure it is a shot of the controls setup just for that game as the general one is confusing

Though I still may not get what you are meaning to be honest

You can't setup a PS Pad to reflect an arcade controller and the pad does not have a layout like arcade controls

buttons are listed 1 to whatever

for a 6 button game the first 3 buttons are the lower ones, the ones closest to you with the last 3 buttons 4 to 6 being the upper row

best way is to just experiment and see how it feel switch some round a bit if you don't like how you set it up, at the end of the day it's user preference

Personally I use as a general setup [ ] X O for the first 3 buttons then triangle then L1 and R1 for the other 3 if it's a beat em up I may switch to X=1 O=2 [ ]=4 /\=5 L1=3 R1=6

If you want to know what exact button does what in a certain game (This is what I think you are asking though you are not making it easy for anyone to understand what you are asking) you are best off trying the game to find out yourself or just grab the Arcade cab manual or game instruction art work that some cabs used

I don't know if I have the manual for this game myself I have yet to sort my arcade manual collection out yet, to be honest it's quicker just to try the game and figure out how you to set it up yourself, just set the basic controls up on your pad try and change it if the controls you first set don't feel good for you, it will also give you a chance to figure out what does what in the game
    Last edited by Zorlon; 25th-April-2015 at 20:14.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

here is the screen shot of the what the options are in MAME: Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mame.JPG 
Views:	72 
Size:	64.3 KB 
ID:	44229

and here is the screen shot of the controls from the arcade....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Relief_Pitcher Controls.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	94.9 KB 
ID:	44230

As you can see there are no options for red, yellow and green....there's also a button for 1,2, and 3....So now can you see how I am confused. I suppose I can always play on the SNES emulator but really, why should I?