Thread: NBA Play By Play

Thanks

Default NBA Play By Play

Wow I cannot believe I found this gem. It's essentially Run n Gun Basketball but with real NBA stars. I have run into some serious issues with the sound....Anyone know of any fixes for this at all? The game would be bad ass if it worked. Also looking for NBA on NBC but I dont think that's even been ported properly

Thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

You may want to tell us what platform is the game for and what emulator and settings are you using.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie Monster View Post
    You may want to tell us what platform is the game for and what emulator and settings are you using.
    My Bad

The game is for MAME. I am using whatever the standard settings are when the game starts. Not really sure how to answer that

Thanks
    Thanked 2,577 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Thread moved.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by deadlegion View Post
    Thread moved.
    Where was it moved to?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,577 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by sparker781 View Post
    Where was it moved to?
    To where it is now.

Spoiler warning:

Shooting Sonic Booms and Flash Kicking Scrubs into submission
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,774 Times in 750 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

From the MAME info the sound emulation is not accurate so that is most definitely your answer.
    THE BEST METHOD to run PSX games (and everything else for that matter) is via Retroarch - http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/
    If you have any questions on how to set it up on Windows please feel free to ask, its very easy.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Warrior For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior View Post
    From the MAME info the sound emulation is not accurate so that is most definitely your answer.
    Warrior

No way to fix this eh? It's too bad cause this is a great game

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Warrior

No way to fix this eh? It's too bad cause this is a great game
    Nope, its a actual emulation limitation, you will have to wait for it to get fixed................if it gets fixed.............at the rate some games go to get any sort of progress it may take awhile.
    THE BEST METHOD to run PSX games (and everything else for that matter) is via Retroarch - http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/
    If you have any questions on how to set it up on Windows please feel free to ask, its very easy.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior View Post
    Nope, its a actual emulation limitation, you will have to wait for it to get fixed................if it gets fixed.............at the rate some games go to get any sort of progress it may take awhile.
    Too bad man. It's a great game. I also loved playing NBA on NBC.....That's not emulated either. I guess I'll play as is....Got any other ideas for games?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Too bad man. It's a great game. I also loved playing NBA on NBC.....That's not emulated either. I guess I'll play as is....Got any other ideas for games?
    Baskeball?

Lets see........

NBA Jam,NBA Hangtime,Street Hoop are 3 I can think of that are arcade style and fun, especially street hoop, great Neogeo game right there.

I typically stay away from any sports games with actual players in it, but Hangtime and Jam are the only exceptions I think.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

You could try the Dreamcast version of NBA on NBC instead that will be the closest to the arcade version or even try emulating one of the more modern consoles like GameCube or PS2 and one of NBA games on those systems

Youtube has not captured this great but you get the idea I'm sure

The Dreamcast has a few of these NBA games and in general the best home console versions for the time, the Dreamcast was the closest thing at the time to having a home arcade system that was not just an arcade cab, even the hardware was a home version of the Naomi arcade system, though most the NBA game are Jamma hardware based, the Dreamcast has very good ports of those games,much better than the N64 and PSX versions
    Last edited by Zorlon; 25th-April-2015 at 11:23.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR