Thread: P3P iso won 't work.

Thanks

Default P3P iso won 't work.

Hello. I'm having trouble with a P3P iso on my psp. Whenever I try to start the game, it goes to a black screen than says "Game can't be started." This is not my first time putting an iso into a psp so I know to put it in the ISO folder. However, It doesn't work for P3P. I'm running on a 5.50 Gen D CFW.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,577 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Your CFW is old. How do you run newer games, by patching them? That doesn't always work.

I suggest you update to 6.60 OFW then install a new CFW, something like 6.60 PRO-C fix3.
    If you decide to use PRO CFW do not use C2 version as it breaks PSOne Classics compatibility...use PRO-C fix3 instead.

You don't need to worry about 6.61 OFW imo, it doesn't offer any extra game compatibility afaik.

Spoiler warning:

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Your firmware is just far too old

I also had 5.50 for years before jumping to 6.60 and not regretted it since

No real tricks are needed once on OFW 6.60 you can just run the CFW installer directly once on OFW 6.60

P.S. no idea what P3P is, thought it was a typo at first

When you have an issue with a certain game it is always best to use it's actual and not abbreviate it, at least give the full name once, also worth mentioning the region of the game, just for future references
    Last edited by Zorlon; 13th-April-2015 at 08:05.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Arno wisp View Post
    Hello. I'm having trouble with a P3P iso on my psp. Whenever I try to start the game, it goes to a black screen than says "Game can't be started." This is not my first time putting an iso into a psp so I know to put it in the ISO folder. However, It doesn't work for P3P. I'm running on a 5.50 Gen D CFW.
    P3P is persona 3 portable. But I have I problem when I tried to put official firmware on it. When I tried to have it update to the new firmware it says that I'm on version 9... and says I don't need to update it. Its a second hand PSP. So I'm stuck with the 5.50 CFW. Any idea as to how I can get 6.60 OFW to run on the thing?

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Manually get the update do not update via sony servers

http://www.epforums.org/showthread.php?90067

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Arno wisp View Post
    P3P is persona 3 portable. But I have I problem when I tried to put official firmware on it. When I tried to have it update to the new firmware it says that I'm on version 9... and says I don't need to update it. Its a second hand PSP. So I'm stuck with the 5.50 CFW. Any idea as to how I can get 6.60 OFW to run on the thing?
    I finally got to install my 6.60 CFW. Apparently, I couldn't update the firmware immediately since a file that told the system what version its running was labelled 9.90 instead of 5.50 . I found a video online so here's the link.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LahsJj1Berg

Thanks for giving some of time to help me with this. Really happy about it.

Also, to other people who have a problem like this, I'll try to outline how I fixed this from what I've found.

Do this only if hitting select on XMB to access VSH menu doesn't help.

You need to enter recovery mode here's how.To enter recovery mode, hold L and R trigger when turning it on. Then, when your in recovery mode select configuration. Use X to select use the D pad to move.
    Once you've select config, go to "XMB usb device" and using the D-pad switch it to flash 0 from memory stick. I think the rest is in the video hope it helps.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

P.S. you only need to hold the R trigger when booting to get to the recovery menu

Asides from that great, thank you for sharing

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]