Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Downloaded PSP Iso not Working

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior View Post
    In my case when I was given my PSP the PSPs keys were corrupted and when I went through the update process and was stuck on OFW and had no means to downgrade or upgrade the firmware
    That's actually one of the things I was reading about, that some people have had to use a separate program to fix their keys somewhere along the process when going from 5.00 CFW to modern ones. Looks like deadlegion is saying it shouldn't be an issue though, so *shrug*.

Also as an aside holy crap has PSP emulation gotten good. I remember back when it was just starting to become a thing, and for a while the compatibility was absolutely terrible; nowadays I can load most of the popular games and run them full speed with all sorts of awesome filters, it's amazing.
    Last edited by MaslowK; 4th-April-2015 at 03:51.
    "I think that the problem with this video is it is highly derivative of many popular bands within the genre. Although when viewed on its own merits, it does have a deeper groove. However what it has in groove, it lacks in originality. One can't help but be reminded of such bands as Pearl Jam, White Zombie, Suicidal Tendencies and other bands that bear the mantle of so called "Alternative Rock". One is even reminded of Lorie Anderson when she wore curlers. Hehehmhm! This video speaks less to the heart and more to the sphincter. In closing, I think Korn would do well to learn more from -"

Thanks
    Thanked 2,577 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

If you're really paranoid about about messing up your PSP you can just use non-perm CFW. Just means you have to run recovery every time you cold boot, but it only takes a few seconds.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks

can you guys give a step by step guide for updating my CFW?
    and also if i messed up during the updating processes will my PSP will be messed up to?

and i like to know whats easier Updating the Firmware? or Patching a Game?
    And non related question do version M33-4 and M33-6 is similar?

Thanks!!
    And P.S i am very new at this
    Last edited by Jericho1221; 4th-April-2015 at 05:35.

Let Me Touch You

Thanks
    EP Points

Patching games to run on old CFW doesn't always work afaik. Why bother doing it all the time if you can eliminate the patching business anyway?

Update to 6.60 OFW and then install CFW: something like 6.60 PRO-C Fix3.
    Can't really help you with a guide, I only ever bothered using non-perm 6.60 PRO-C Fix3 because that's all my PSP can use anyway. There's no risk of brick if you use non-perm.
    Non-perm = you don't use the CIPL FLasher.
    Last edited by deadlegion; 4th-April-2015 at 05:46.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

Going off of what deadlegion said, first thing you need to do is update to the official 6.60 firmware. Here's a link where you can find the file; http://wololo.net/downloads/index.php/download/947. Pick one of the downloads that say "Sony OFW 6.60 For PSP 1000/2000/3000", extract the file if necessary, then rename it to UPDATE.pbp and stick it in \PSP\GAME\UPDATE on your memstick. Then from the game section on the home screen, select it and run it.

[quote]and i like to know whats easier Updating the Firmware? or Patching a Game?[/url]

Patching games is technically harder really, since you'll have to look up the program to do it and the patches for the games. I would recommend just installing the newer CFW for compatibility with newer games.

Next you'll need the CFW installer, which you can get here; [http://zload.net/v2/archives/file/?i...ile/?id=241691[url]. Once you get the zip file downloaded, extract it then go to "660PRO-B10\PSP\GAME" in the extracted folder, and copy the PROUPDATE folder to \PSP\GAME on your PSP. Run it the same way you did the official update, and follow the instructions it gives you.

and also if i messed up during the updating processes will my PSP will be messed up to?
    Yes, messing up can mess up the system software and render the PSP unbootable. As long as you follow the directions I've given exactly, and don't let the power die during the installation, this is super unlikely to happen though. That said, if you really wanna be safe about it, copy everything off of your memstick onto your computer, use the PSPs built-in formatter (through the system menu, one of the items on the far left menu), then copy it all back over (click "replace all" or "yes to all", whichever it asks about). This will help make sure there's no corrupted parts on your memstick that might mess it up.
    "I think that the problem with this video is it is highly derivative of many popular bands within the genre. Although when viewed on its own merits, it does have a deeper groove. However what it has in groove, it lacks in originality. One can't help but be reminded of such bands as Pearl Jam, White Zombie, Suicidal Tendencies and other bands that bear the mantle of so called "Alternative Rock". One is even reminded of Lorie Anderson when she wore curlers. Hehehmhm! This video speaks less to the heart and more to the sphincter. In closing, I think Korn would do well to learn more from -"

Thanks
    EP Points

Yeah make sure your console is fully charged before attempting OFW and/or CFW install.

As this thread has become more about the console and games compatibility than anything else I'm going to move it somewhere more appropriate.
    Last edited by deadlegion; 4th-April-2015 at 05:57.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks

This seems like a dangerous update im still new to this
    Did you this is in your PSP too? im very nervous if i messed up on the process

Thank you For your Help

Let Me Touch You

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Jericho1221 View Post
    Did you this is in your PSP too? im very nervous if i messed up on the process

Thank you For your Help
    I have an E1002 (aka Street).
    It doesn't have any online functionality and can't use perm CFW.
    It already had 6.60 OFW when I got it.
    I installed 6.60 PRO-C fix3 CFW (non-perm obviously) using a guide on wololo iirc
    http://wololo.net/cfw4dummies/

If you're going to use PRO-C CFW don't use C2 as it breaks PSOne classics compatibility...use 6.60 PRO-C fix3.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Jericho1221 View Post
    Did you this is in your PSP too?
    I've been doing CFW installations since they were still on the 2.xx series of firmware, so only about two years after it came out in 2004. Not to toot my own horn, but back when dashhacks (one of the biggest PSP modding communities of its time) still had an active IRC support channel, I spent the better part of a year and a half or so of being a mod and helping people with PSP questions daily. Back in the day it was a lot more complicated and a lot more risky to install any kind of CFW, while nowadays it's as simple as copying a couple files and running a couple of updates. As long as you follow our simple instructions step-by-step, it's like 99.9% certain that it won't just randomly fail and hurt your PSP.
    Last edited by MaslowK; 4th-April-2015 at 06:25.

Thanks

[QUOTE=MaslowK;1799608]Going off of what deadlegion said, first thing you need to do is update to the official 6.60 firmware. Here's a link where you can find the file; http://wololo.net/downloads/index.php/download/947. Pick one of the downloads that say "Sony OFW 6.60 For PSP 1000/2000/3000", extract the file if necessary, then rename it to UPDATE.pbp and stick it in \PSP\GAME\UPDATE on your memstick. Then from the game section on the home screen, select it and run it.

and i like to know whats easier Updating the Firmware? or Patching a Game?[/url]

Patching games is technically harder really, since you'll have to look up the program to do it and the patches for the games. I would recommend just installing the newer CFW for compatibility with newer games.

Next you'll need the CFW installer, which you can get here; [http://zload.net/v2/archives/file/?i...ile/?id=241691[url]. Once you get the zip file downloaded, extract it then go to "660PRO-B10\PSP\GAME" in the extracted folder, and copy the PROUPDATE folder to \PSP\GAME on your PSP. Run it the same way you did the official update, and follow the instructions it gives you.

Yes, messing up can mess up the system software and render the PSP unbootable. As long as you follow the directions I've given exactly, and don't let the power die during the installation, this is super unlikely to happen though. That said, if you really wanna be safe about it, copy everything off of your memstick onto your computer, use the PSPs built-in formatter (through the system menu, one of the items on the far left menu), then copy it all back over (click "replace all" or "yes to all", whichever it asks about). This will help make sure there's no corrupted parts on your memstick that might mess it up.

Hey i followed your steps renamed it and putted it in my game folder inside psp folder but i cant find it in the game selection menu

UPDATE: I have applied the patch but my games are not appearing HELP!!
    UPDATE 2:I have finally fixed it i upgraded my CFW and i can play games perfectly thank you for all who helped me!!
    Last edited by Jericho1221; 4th-April-2015 at 08:16.

Let Me Touch You

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

where is the iso located exactly??

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

This ended up being more of a outdated CFW issue I think, going by the OP's last post edit it seems resolved.

Spoiler warning:

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Yeah UPDATE 2 was posted about the same time I posted

Hope the perm patch was applied though, as that is not an issue for 1k versions of the PSP that this PSP is

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

How to know of i have a non-perm CFW and whats the difference?

Let Me Touch You

Thanks
    EP Points

Non-perm doesn't stay there if your battery goes flat or the console is turned off. It will stay there after sleep mode though.
    If you cold boot your PSP you will need to run Recovery (only takes a few seconds).

Spoiler warning: