Thread: HELP-Update snes9xgx within wiiflow

Thanks

Default HELP-Update snes9xgx within wiiflow

If this thread goes against any forum rules then mods please delete.

I currently have wiiflow masterpiece mod installed but wish to update the snes9xgx emulator within it.I tried taking the new versions boot.dol file and renaming it to the one in the plugins folder and then replacing it but that didn't work.looking online seems to show only installing wiiflow or snes9xgx by themselves.Can someone please give IDIOT PROOF NEWBIE instructions on how to update Snes9xgx within the wiiflow app.
    Thank you

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

depends how it was originally installed and what it was installed as/to (e.g. dol file like you said or forwarder + dol file or even a Wad installed version could be in virtual nand real nand, SD or HDD in a number of locations)

the one that is the plugins folder, is maybe not the actual location that it was installed to if the version is not changed but it still runs

WiiFlow is just a loader though and not something I use myself in favour of USB LoaderGX but they all run much the same at the end of the day

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Thanks for replying.Apparently links aren't allowed here but if you google wiiflow 4.2.3 you'll see the masterpiece mod by abz on the site dark umbra.I followed those directions EXACTLY.Not having snes9xgx before installing this app i can't find it's location anywhere other than a .dol file inside the plugins folder.However renaming the new one and replacing it didin't work so i'm at a loss as to what to do to update it.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

In what exact way does it not work?

Does it just not load any more or has it simply just not updated and is still on the older version?

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Thanks again for replying.
    It's still on the older version.I found my problem however and fixed it.Originally i had the wiiflow plugins folder and the snes9xgx folder on my usb but after moving both to my sd card and reattempting to replace the .dol file it worked.My next problem is how to get snes game boxcovers to work.Wiiflow's internal cover download won't work as snes covers don't exist on their site and any covers i've downloaded from other sites and put in covers folder inside snes9xgx won't appear.
    Perhaps they are in the wrong spot?
    Am i allowed to continue this thread with this new question or should i start a new one?
    Last edited by grizzly519; 30th-March-2015 at 07:20.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

No your fine in this thread

Yeah I thought the location was wrong, you could possibly change that in the settings though

covers may just need to share the file name of the rom to work

my Wii emulators are a little out of date mostly as I use other systems to emulate SNES except for light gun games that are still on my Wii the rest are on my Xbox that is a more powerful machine to start with, so a few extra options for display can get used.

I take it the plugin method lets you run SNES emulated games directly instead of loading the emulator first...

You can also check the WiiFlow settings to see what exact folders and locations of the folders it currently is setup for
    Last edited by Zorlon; 30th-March-2015 at 07:50.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

After lengthy searches i finally found a site which describes what to do with emulators within wiiflow.

evrything must be done in the wiiflow folder that exists outside of the apps folder.

a folder of the emulator must be created and placed in each cover section.

2d covers must go in wiiflow>covers.snesgx9x and spinecovers must go in wiiflow>boxcovers>snes9xgx.
    Finally the image must have the extension in it's name so if you have a super mario world.smc then the image must also be named super mario world.smc.

I hope this can help someone out there as i just figured this out and was annoyed by lack of info via the net or accessability to it.
    Last edited by Zorlon; 1st-April-2015 at 03:56. Reason: Made more readable

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I'm curious to if my loader has the same features yet, though not that curious to start up my Wii and look just at this moment asides from not having time to anyway to do so.

Sorry I could not help as much as I would of liked, I don't use WiiiFlow can't say I liked it, though plenty do so don't take that as what I use is any better

If you are curious I use USB Loader GX one of the svn versions

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

Unless you have wiiflow 4.2.3 mastermod installed then more than likely it won't have those features.No apologies needed as any help is appreciated and better then no help at all.i don't know what svn version means but i use the wiiflow for the emulators(snes)and whatever loader turns my crank on that day for wii games be it wiiflow,usb loader gx or usb config.