Thread: Corrupted Data PSX on PSP

Thanks

Default Corrupted Data PSX on PSP

Hey guys I need some help. I dowloaded some isos in the section PSX on PSP but after downloading the games and putting it on PSP/GAMES when I turn on the PSP and use Fast Recovery the game appears as corrupted data. I downloaded POPSloader and installed it, worked with previous games I already had on PSP but not with the ones I downloaded.
    Games:
    Legend of The Dragoon
    Breath of Fire III
    Breath of Fire IV
    Harvest Moon: Back to nature
    Are the site's files corrupted?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,577 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Thread moved.

Spoiler warning:

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Breath of Fire III was released directly on the PSP so grab that instead

When I get time I will check the other games though as a rule I usually just avoid PSX2PSP converts in favor of official PSone Classics, some are uploaded though not sure all the games you listed got a PSone Classics release I would need to check if they did and check if I have them

EDIT is this user even active or just a one post wonder...

The other possibility is a bad memstick/adapter that is not uncommon that will only let the first few games be playable anything after shows as corrupt

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zorlon View Post
    Breath of Fire III was released directly on the PSP so grab that instead

When I get time I will check the other games though as a rule I usually just avoid PSX2PSP converts in favor of official PSone Classics, some are uploaded though not sure all the games you listed got a PSone Classics release I would need to check if they did and check if I have them

EDIT is this user even active or just a one post wonder...

The other possibility is a bad memstick/adapter that is not uncommon that will only let the first few games be playable anything after shows as corrupt
    Breath of Fire III HAS a PSP version but the site only has Japanese and European Version.
    Harvest Moon also has but its a different Title: "Harvest Moon: Boy and Girl".
    Legend Of the Dragoon is also a PSONE Classic but there isn't a image for the game on the site(Not Legend of the DRAGON, its DRAGOON)

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

BOFIII get the EU version the difference is nothing between EU and US both run at the exact same speed, the EU PSP and the US PSP does not run at different rates or anything like that

Forum requests can be made though I am sure the issue is more related to your memstick/adaptor rather than any files

The Legend of Dragoon is the actual name of it, I have the PSone Classics copy of it myself

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zorlon View Post
    BOFIII get the EU version the difference is nothing between EU and US both run at the exact same speed, the EU PSP and the US PSP does not run at different rates or anything like that

Forum requests can be made though I am sure the issue is more related to your memstick/adaptor rather than any files

The Legend of Dragoon is the actual name of it, I have the PSone Classics copy of it myself
    I'm pretty sure it's not the memstick as it's Sony original, also I put some new games this weekend and they worked like a charm. Just the PSX2PSP files that displays as Corrupted Data.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

can you show me the exact path you have these stored like a screen grab showing the full path

They should be in PSP/GAME/Another Folder/eboot.pbp

the eboot.pbp should not be renamed
    the folder it is stored in could be anything though stick to a short name to avoid any issues

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

They're all PSP/GAME/Game Name/eboot.pbp
    I like my folders organized

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Tested Breath of Fire IV PSX2PSP from our main site...

Shows up perfect on the games list

Even plays fine without using Popsloader

I'm on 6.60 ProC with fix 3 applied

If everything is fine with your memstick and the layout for the memstick the only other issue I can see is corrupt downloads

Did you get any errors while extracting?
    Last edited by Zorlon; 28th-March-2015 at 05:21.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks
    EP Points

I have a possible solution that worked for me on a few 'corrupted' PS1toPSP games from on this site, when you have it all extracted you should have the eboot file in a folder.

That that eboot file out of that folder and create a new folder, give it the name of that game (rather than using the folder the eboot is already in, or just trying to rename the folder that the eboot is already in). I have NO idea why that works or even why making a new folder instead of using the existing one matters, but it really did for me on a few occasions.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Rich666 View Post
    I have a possible solution that worked for me on a few 'corrupted' PS1toPSP games from on this site, when you have it all extracted you should have the eboot file in a folder.

That that eboot file out of that folder and create a new folder, give it the name of that game (rather than using the folder the eboot is already in, or just trying to rename the folder that the eboot is already in). I have NO idea why that works or even why making a new folder instead of using the existing one matters, but it really did for me on a few occasions.
    I can only see that helping if you are maybe extracting direct to the memstick rather than extracting first then copy it over

Can't argue if that does indeed fix things though

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks
    EP Points

Yeah I have no idea how it even makes any difference honestly but it just does I never even thought of extracting directly to the memory stick!
    I tried sending it over with the original name and an edited name but neither worked, only a new folder

Them freaky games huh?