Thread: applewin in a frontend

Thanks

Default applewin in a frontend

Hi I'm using applewin with my frontend-gameex and it runs in the emulator but with the command line in the frontend of applewin.exe -f -flop1 "[rompath]\[romfile]" or replacing -flop1 with -d1 as the emulator states in their release I can only get gameex to launch the emulator but not load the disk imake I select. I know some emulators like winvice or winuae use -autorun, -cartcrt in the command line but no luck there either. Any suggestions would be appreciated thanks. This will run in gameex with mess but applewin is a much better emulator and I hate mess.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

AppleWin can be driven from the command line as follows:

-d1 <pathname>
    Start with a disk in drive-1

-d2 <pathname>
    Start with a disk in drive-2

-f
    Start in full-screen mode

-r <number of pages>
    Emulate a RAMworks III card with 1 to 127 pages (each page is 64K, giving a max of 8MB)

-f8rom <rom-file>
    Use custom 2K ROM at [$F800..$FFFF]. <rom-file> must be 2048 bytes long

-printscreen
    Enable the dialog box to display the last file saved to

-use-real-printer
    Enables Advanced configuration control to allow dumping to a real printer

-noreg
    Disable registration of file extensions (.do/.dsk/.nib/.po)

-memclear <n>
    Where n is [0..7]:
    0 Initialize memory to zero
    1 Initialize memory to random values
    2 Initialize memory to 4 byte pattern: FF FF 00 00
    3 Initialize memory to even pages FF, odd pages 00
    4 Initialize memory to first half page 00, last half page FF
    5 Initialize memory to first half page FF, last half page 00
    6 Initialize memory to byte offset of that page (current memory address low byte) i.e. 00:00 01 02 03 ... for page $20
    7 Initialize memory to page address (current memory address high byte) i.e. 00:20 20 20 20 ... for page $20

Debug arguments:

-l
    Enable logging. Creates an AppleWin.log file

-m
    Disable DirectSound support

-no-printscreen-dlg
    Suppress the warning message-box if AppleWin fails to capture the PrintScreen key
    Have a play in cmd (windows command prompt) with it and figure out what works and try and translate that for the gameex front end that as far as I remember is just cmd line short cut, not something I use though have looked at it in the past

I may have a try when I get time though not sure I have any diskette images or not

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

I did read this and tried applewin.exe -f -d1 "[rompath]\[romfile] and have also replaced -d1 with -flop1 as this is what mess uses for apple 2 in gameex and it always launches the emulator but never loads the game I select from the frontend. A lot of old systems use --cartridge or -autorun or [rom] which I have tried and just cant seem to find the right command combo, their page only lists -d1 to load with image. not sure if I need to specify the system like -apple2+ which I thought I tried also. If you come up with something let me know, thanks