Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: BIN/CUE Files burn on PS2 Disc?

Thanks

It won't work for converting, the extraction from BIN/CUE files, in the first step has error in it while extracting around 79%, even though I press ignore, it won't extract.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Muz View Post
    It won't work for converting, the extraction from BIN/CUE files, in the first step has error in it while extracting around 79%, even though I press ignore, it won't extract.
    Your download has failed

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zorlon View Post
    Your download has failed
    Download?

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

if the extraction has failed then it is because the download has failed to complete correctly, i.e. Your download has failed

if you really do not know what download is then to put in simple terms it is what you do when you get a file from online

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

It doesn't work, after conversion, burned, and then test it. It says, Please insert Playstation or Playstation 2 Disc, with red color cloud background.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

What are you using to play backups???

A PS2 can not play backups on it's own, it needs something extra to play backups.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

What are you using to play backups???

A PS2 can not play backups on it's own, it needs something extra to play backups.
    Backups, why do you call the DVD, backups? Extra? Sorry, for being noobish.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

backups = burned disc rather than a pressed disc or a retail disc
    retail & pressed = original disc
    backup & burned = CD-R DVD-R DVD+R and other writable media

extra = mod chip, soft mod, some sort of swap trick or boot disc ect ect

The PS2 can not boot up backup discs on it's own

not just noobish, super noobish, these should be basics but I guess if you don't know then you just don't know, so call this a learning curve
    Last edited by Zorlon; 7th-March-2015 at 14:30.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

backups = burned disc rather than a pressed disc or a retail disc
    retail & pressed = original disc
    backup & burned = CD-R DVD-R DVD+R and other writable media

extra = mod chip, soft mod, some sort of swap trick or boot disc ect ect

not just noobish, super noobish, these should be basics but I guess if you don't know then you just don't know, so call this a learning curve
    I don't have those extra stuffs. Do you know where to download it or is it only available at game shops and one must buy it? Appreciate all the help you guys give.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Game shops will not sell mod chips no or any of the other types of mods, you need to do this yourself

Mod Chips require soldering into your console, you can buy those online at mod chip stores
    Swap Magic a disc set CD and DVD can be used as a swap trick method (lid sensors require locked to use or a slide card for the older bulky PS2)
    Soft mod via FMCB (ESR OPL ect ect) there are tons of install methods, including via cheat CD's that is an easy option some of the other methods can be complicated though

Have a look at http://bootleg.sksapps.com/tutorials/fmcb/ for the soft mod option and look at the Installation drop down for some of the install options

I can further guide you if needs be, though I don't really want to have to explain every small detail so do some reading up first to get a better understanding first

Note: that the newer PS2 slim can't use a software mod such as ESR as Sony stopped the memcard exploit, the newer PS2 slims have almost half the top surface of the console glossy, but the older versions only have a thin stripe that is glossy

The only Modern-ish console that requires no mod and can play backups without issue or modification is the Dreamcast
    Older consoles like the Sega CD/Mega CD and other CD consoles of the time also did not need a modding but those are hard to come by at a reasonable price now

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks
    Thanked 13,309 Times in 1,165 Posts
    EP Points

You can't play *ANY* burnt/backup games without modding your PS2. FMCB has been mentioned several times in this thread. That acronym means Free Memory Card Boot. As it's name suggests, it's free, you can download it and install it on a memory card.

FMCB doesn't support CDs, which is why many people pursue DVD conversions. But again, you can add Cogswap to your FMCB install, and with a legitimate CD game just swap discs to play CDs.
    *PSA* Wii Redump collector's can now unscrub ISO files. So scrubbed games can now be verified. You can find the program to do this here

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

P.S. I have this game working from DVD (DVD+R to be exact), but you still require a way of playing it from DVD-/+R otherwise you will just get the message saying Please insert Playstation or Playstation 2 Disc

I used a method currently not listed I may add that method myself to the FAQs

Worry about this though after you can play backups that currently you can't
    Last edited by Zorlon; 7th-March-2015 at 15:33.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

P.S. I have this game working from DVD (DVD+R to be exact), but you still require a way of playing it from DVD-/+R otherwise you will just get the message saying Please insert Playstation or Playstation 2 Disc

I used a method currently not listed I may add that method myself to the FAQs

Worry about this though after you can play backups that currently you can't
    I think my PS2 is already modded, cause mine can play pirated games actually. I've downloaded Gran Turismo 3 from this site, and it works fine on PS2 Slim.

It works? You can go through the main menu, and play it normally? Can you upload your ISO Kengo converted version?

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

mod chip users can just urn this directly to a CD-R do not need to convert to burn onto DVD media

or you can burn what is linked in the code box under this to a DVD that I personally converted it, because my software mod can only read DVD media so I made a DVD conversion

Download Links:
    Links are hidden from guests. Please register to be able to view these links.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

mod chip users can just urn this directly to a CD-R do not need to convert to burn onto DVD media

or you can burn what is linked in the code box under this to a DVD that I personally converted it, because my software mod can only read DVD media so I made a DVD conversion

Download Links:
    Links are hidden from guests. Please register to be able to view these links.
    I've tried burning on DVD-RW, it shows red screen.