Thread: PS1 Game Saves

Thanks

Default PS1 Game Saves

Yikes, it's been a while since I've asked a question here. Forgive me if it's in the wrong section.

But, my question is this:

I've been playing PS1 games through ePSXe (FFIX.) I've decided to yank out my old PSX and game on there. Is there any way to copy my saves to the memory card so I can continue on my console? I know there's the Dex Drive, but I don't have one and you need a COM port to use it from what I've read.

Thank in advance if there is a way that I'm not aware of. Again, feel free to move this if in the wrong section.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,577 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

I think there are PC drivers for the PS3 memory card adaptor

Might also be possible to use a softmodded PS2 and USB drive.

Do ePSXe saves need to be converted? I wouldn't know.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by deadlegion View Post
    I think there are PC drivers for the PS3 memory card adaptor

Might also be possible to use a softmodded PS2 and USB drive.

Do ePSXe saves need to be converted? I wouldn't know.
    Yeah, neither do I. I haven't messed with this stuff in years so it's all kind of new again.

My PS2 doesn't want to work with Free McBoot. I've tried with Swap Magic 3.6 and a USB drive and all it does is lock up on the Swap Magic splash screen. Nothing else, so I'm afraid that option is out.

I totally forgot the PS3 memory card adapter. I'll have to look into it if they still sell it. Thanks!

EDIT: Looks like the adapter is going for $60+. Yikes, no thanks.

Thanks
    EP Points

Yeah you need the genuine adaptor iirc.

If it was me I would consider getting an older working PS2, and 007 AuF if you need to mod it yourself.
    The consoles themselves are dirt cheap or even free if you know enough people and someone has one lying around the kids no longer use. AuF might take some time to chase up.
    I would ask Zorlon about Swap Magic though, I don't know anything about it but maybe it's usable for modding if you had the right console.

Spoiler warning:

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by deadlegion View Post
    Yeah you need the genuine adaptor iirc.

If it was me I would consider getting an older working PS2, and 007 AuF if you need to mod it yourself.
    The consoles themselves are dirt cheap or even free if you know enough people and someone has one lying around the kids no longer use. AuF might take some time to chase up.
    I would ask Zorlon about Swap Magic though, I don't know anything about it but maybe it's usable for modding if you had the right console.
    007 AuF is not needed if Swap Magic is owned

Yeah the PS3 memcard adapter needs to be the official one and they are just not cheap

Other possible options, not tested by me but I can do some testing at a later date maybe

A PSP and some converting (Some of the cheat homebrew can do the converting or importing from ePSXe to PSP format memcard images), then USB hookup to PS2 to get the save to a PS2 memcard then PS2 memcard to PSX memcard possibly direct to a PSX memcard I forget how that works (that might only work with the PS3, so another snooker :/)
    Codebreaker has some save backup and restore features
    Action Replay (most versions have save backup and restore options)
    If Swap Magic works at least for something like ulaunch from CD or DVD you may be able to just use that, the save may still need some form of converting first though to be seen as a PSX save backed up onto a PS2 memcard than can be restored to a PSX memcard via the Media browser on the PS2, the place that displays the memcards and CD/DVD in the drive

Most the cheat CD's are based on PS2 backup and restore so you first need to make a compatible PSX backup in the format that the PS2 memcard stores the saves as
    Last edited by Zorlon; 14th-February-2015 at 15:26.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Zorlon View Post
    007 AuF is not needed if Swap Magic is owned
    That why I said Jaws should ask you

Spoiler warning: